Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

How can anyone consider Lois a secondary character but not Maxima?

Like in terms of iconography and importance to both the Super mythos and the DC history as a whole, how is Maxima even a blip on anyone's radar in comparison?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Apollo and Midnighter exist for a reason.

But I'm clearly kidding, you don't have to take it seriously

(no WW shipping though. She's better off without either, from a narrative sense at least)
    Just to point out that while you say no to Smww, they do have more analogies then SMBM I believe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    “Lois is a woman of action, especially at night.” LOL.

Dude, I know you are trying to slut shame here thats painfully obvious but I’m just going to laugh about it.

Joking that Lois is a slut in 2021 is such a boring joke.

Especially because given her intense and aggressive personality she’s probably amazing in bed. Their sex life is really good. It is not the own you think it is to joke like this about Lois. Clark is across canon and consistently super into all the stuff you think is an insult. But ok. Whatever.
    She is not a whore, but she is not an angel either, who only cares about her heart.

BANNED

the translation works badly. never compare Lois and Maxima in that sense, actually I think Lois is the most important secondary character (not hero) in history.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wouldn’t be too sure of that. The Snyder Cut happened after all, against all odds. I could easily see some idiot at WB deciding that what they need is Snyder’s JL2 and JL3.
    Even if they decide to continue the Snyderverse,its not going to be the default DCU or the only game in town. In both the comics and live action they are leaning heavily on the omniverse/multiverse aspect where there will be multiple interpretations running simultaneously.

Even so,the cat is out of the bag in regards to the whole.Batman gets Lois pregnant fiasco and it's clear even before BvS hit theaters Warners nixed the idea and Snyder himself acknowledged that even if his story continues in some fashion,that element, nor any hint of a Batman/Lois Lane "ship" is no longer a part of the landscape.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I wouldn’t be too sure of that. The Snyder Cut happened after all, against all odds. I could easily see some idiot at WB deciding that what they need is Snyder’s JL2 and JL3.
    Even the studio seems pretty set against it. It's not a coincidence that they're making Superman announcements just before the Snyder Cut releases. Especially after this nonsense leaked. I could see an animated JL2 and 3 or something on HBOMax, but I'll be shocked if he gets any more green lights for mainstream Superman films. It's not going to be the return on the investment they imagine it to be. All the tension from "release the Snyder Cut" would be gone after one more movie, and the curiosity from general audiences would be replaced with "oh, yeah, we don't like this."

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I repeat that the main character is Superman, he has rights that his secondary characters do not have, in the same way that Wonder Woman has rights that his secondary characters do not have, judging the main and secondary characters at the same level is a mistake, especially if the Secondary character is the principal's love interest. For 30 years Lois has become a chain, the marriage, something that in the comics has never worked, the son who is taking the Superman comics from Superman, being the heart of Superman and that if she dies Superman dies and is born a monster. Lois does more harm than good.
    Just because the focus is on Superman doesn't mean that the rest of the Superverse, especially the most important member of it, deserves no respect at all. Especially if we identify with the main character (Clark), not caring about the character they love (Lois) seems... odd.

And the marriage has never worked in the comics? Speak for yourself. When it's written well, I've enjoyed the marriage so much more than the triangle (I did enjoy the triangle, just not nearly as much), even well before I was married. And that direct support system idea has tied into other mediums as well - most of the CW shows are a good example of this. When Lois and Clark are married, or at least she's in on the secret, they're that support system for each other (among many other things, but still).

Also, that "if Lois dies, Superman dies and becomes a monster" is NOT a 30-year long idea. As a matter of fact, there have been multiple stories where he rejects that impulse completely. That's just crap that the Mortal Kombat people came up with, and WB/DC (in it's infinite stupidity) ran with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    How can anyone consider Lois a secondary character but not Maxima?

Like in terms of iconography and importance to both the Super mythos and the DC history as a whole, how is Maxima even a blip on anyone's radar in comparison?
    Right?

the translation works badly. never compare Lois and Maxima in that sense, actually I think Lois is the most important secondary character (not hero) in history.
    But.... to say that "Superman deserves better than a secondary character," and then to put up Maxima as a suggestion flies in the face of that logic. That logic, when read as stated, would require Wonder Woman or someone else who has their own regular book.

She is not a whore, but she is not an angel either, who only cares about her heart.
    But "Lois is a woman of action, especially at night" holds a very specific inference, and simply "not an angel" isn't it.
    Last edited by JAK; 03-08-2021 at 02:33 PM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

https://twitter.com/khan250101/statu...261282817?s=21
    Especially superman accepting a child that’s born out of adultery. That’s his final step into becoming superman. That’s selfless. He’s adopting a son that’s not his. Exactly like his earth father.
    Lmao the Snyder Cult has pivoted to arguing that this plan is “kino” and essential to Clark becoming Superman. I’ve never seen such an utterly braindead fanbase. If Zaddy came up with it that means it’s the greatest thing ever, no exception.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Even the studio seems pretty set against it. It's not a coincidence that they're making Superman announcements just before the Snyder Cut releases. Especially after this nonsense leaked. I could see an animated JL2 and 3 or something on HBOMax, but I'll be shocked if he gets any more green lights for mainstream Superman films. It's not going to be the return on the investment they imagine it to be. All the tension from "release the Snyder Cut" would be gone after one more movie, and the curiosity from general audiences would be replaced with "oh, yeah, we don't like this."

Just because the focus is on Superman doesn't mean that the rest of the Superverse, especially the most important member of it, deserves no respect at all. Especially if we identify with the main character (Clark), not caring about the character they love (Lois) seems... odd.

And the marriage has never worked in the comics? Speak for yourself. When it's written well, I've enjoyed the marriage so much more than the triangle (I did enjoy the triangle, just not nearly as much), even well before I was married. And that direct support system idea has tied into other mediums as well - most of the CW shows are a good example of this. When Lois and Clark are married, or at least she's in on the secret, they're that support system for each other (among many other things, but still).

Also, that "if Lois dies, Superman dies and becomes a monster" is NOT a 30-year long idea. As a matter of fact, there have been multiple stories where he rejects that impulse completely. That's just crap that the Mortal Kombat people came up with, and WB/DC (in it's infinite stupidity) ran with it.

Right?

But.... to say that "Superman deserves better than a secondary character," and then to put up Maxima as a suggestion flies in the face of that logic. That logic, when read as stated, would require Wonder Woman or someone else who has their own regular book.

But "Lois is a woman of action, especially at night" holds a very specific inference, and simply "not an angel" isn't it.
    the characters that sell the most are not married. For Clark to worry about Lois is fine, but for him to worry only about Lois is wrong. Lois dies and Superman becomes a monster is not something from 30 years ago, but it is from the little that Lois has contributed in recent years. As I said, the translator worked badly, Lois is a bad secondary character and Superman deserves someone better than her, someone as a woman, as a destined love, Maxima would be just a love interest without more.

Astonishing Member

Lois, a "bad secondary character"...hilarious.

Astonishing Member

Lmao the Snyder Cult has pivoted to arguing that this plan is “kino” and essential to Clark becoming Superman. I’ve never seen such an utterly braindead fanbase. If Zaddy came up with it that means it’s the greatest thing ever, no exception.

I actually want this movie to continue with JL2 and JL3. I want the sequels made. I am serious. Nothing, not even a good Superman movie could be comparable in terms of fun to the show Snyder and the fanbase are putting on stage.
    Since there is time travel involved I'd actually want Batman to go back in time and conceive Superman's human half-brother with Martha Kent. Heck, maybe they should make Batman go back in time and conceive himself with his own mother Martha Wayne too.
    Last edited by Myskin; 03-08-2021 at 03:00 PM.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Bahahahahaha! Oh man, that's a hot take if I've seen one.

This whole thread reminds me of this...

Incredible Member

So, considering apparently Snyder's thoughts for Clark's character arc involved him adopting his love interest's child... wouldn't it have been better to go with Cat instead of Lois as the love interest for his films?

Apparently some people are getting access to the film already, its playing instead of Tom and Jerry, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It's the greatest thing ever.Just like gossiping about some Twitter moron or Tumblr moron.hey!atleast it helps pass time right?
    so a guy on YouTube is talking about superman being an untouchable American icon.oh!yeah! There is a whole slew of them.

What's the point of this thread?on flipside,I can do fun..I could start where at @myskin left off.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-08-2021 at 05:30 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"