Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If you think Snyder was “deconstructing” the Jesus imagery than you and I are never going to agree. He was not subverting that imagery at all. That Superman isn’t Jesus is not some 5D chess move by Snyder, it’s because he botched the story he wanted to tell.

When the hell does Batman switch to “defensively” using violence? Name examples please.
    We were never likely going to agree in the first place.Your mind has already been set.Mine has well.This was always going to be just us butting heads.Yeah! yeah! hack snyder and flying chipmunks.
    batman has always used violence,in defense(cause he supposed to be a hero).Every superhero does.He was going to kill superman before he committed the crime.He doesn't realising he has become joe chill.He goes to beat up and kill the thugs inorder to save martha.He kills parademons to save people as well.what do you think a samurai does?They kill in defense.
    edit-Even going by leaked thing.The guy lives and chooses to be clark.Because superman means a god,father of humanity and jesus now.sheesh!
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-04-2021 at 11:38 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Interesting outline. Could have potentially been DC's Endgame if they'd stayed the course...

I'm a little confused though. Is this Justice League 2, or a Justice League 3? It seems to be a JL3 (with JL2 presumably including Justice League vs. the Injustice League?)

That's why I'm not sure what to feel about the Lois and Bruce thing. If its something that happened in the Knightmare timeline after Superman was corrupted by Darkseid, its one thing. If Lois was simply cheating on Clark with Bruce, its something else. I can understand Superman fans being upset about this, but context matters.

I guess I'm just trying to understand the chronology a bit better. So in BvS, Barry comes back and tells Bruce that he needs to bring the League together and that Lois is the key. Then Superman dies. Then, in JL, Superman is resurrected. I always assumed, as per Snyder's plan that this is when he's corrupted by Darkseid? And this is what would have led to the Knightmare timeline...except that thanks to Barry's message, Bruce figured out a way to get Superman out of Darkseid's control? Or is it that we see Darkseid winning, and a subsequent film has Barry traveling back again and changing the message? But here, we see that when Barry travels back, its to a moment after BvS?

I suppose the Snyder Cut will answer some of these...

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Interesting outline. Could have potentially been DC's Endgame if they'd stayed the course...

I'm a little confused though. Is this Justice League 2, or a Justice League 3? It seems to be a JL3 (with JL2 presumably including Justice League vs. the Injustice League?)

That's why I'm not sure what to feel about the Lois and Bruce thing. If its something that happened in the Knightmare timeline after Superman was corrupted by Darkseid, its one thing. If Lois was simply cheating on Clark with Bruce, its something else. I can understand Superman fans being upset about this, but context matters.

I guess I'm just trying to understand the chronology a bit better. So in BvS, Barry comes back and tells Bruce that he needs to bring the League together and that Lois is the key. Then Superman dies. Then, in JL, Superman is resurrected. I always assumed, as per Snyder's plan that this is when he's corrupted by Darkseid? And this is what would have led to the Knightmare timeline...except that thanks to Barry's message, Bruce figured out a way to get Superman out of Darkseid's control? Or is it that we see Darkseid winning, and a subsequent film has Barry traveling back again and changing the message? But here, we see that when Barry travels back, its to a moment after BvS?

I suppose the Snyder Cut will answer some of these...
    No,it won't. this was outline was constructed before bvs was thing apparently.That's what i been hearing.This doesn't have much martian manhunter,have you noticed.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-04-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No,it won't. this was before outline was constructed before bvs was thing apparently.That's what i been hearing.This doesn't have much martian manhunter,have you noticed.
    Oh okay. To be honest, I didn't follow much of the discussion about the Snyder plan over the last few years - other than the black-suited Superman post-resurrection and Darkseid showing up.

Well, then we really can't comment on the merits of Lois and Bruce having a child, when we don't know what the backstory is. We can love or hate the idea (and DC obviously didn't care much for it), but we can't really judge this specific plot point.

What I guess I'm curious about is that is the Knightmare timeline some original timeline from before the third act of BvS? And Barry coming back is what prevents it? Or would the events of BvS and JL have led to the Knightmare timeline, and Barry goes back 'again' (or rather, its the same trip with a new message), rewriting the events of the third act of BvS?

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Oh okay. To be honest, I didn't follow much of the discussion about the Snyder plan over the last few years - other than the black-suited Superman post-resurrection and Darkseid showing up.

Well, then we really can't comment on the merits of Lois and Bruce having a child, when we don't know what the backstory is. We can love or hate the idea (and DC obviously didn't care much for it), but we can't really judge this specific plot point.

What I guess I'm curious about is that is the Knightmare timeline some original timeline from before the third act of BvS? And Barry coming back is what prevents it? Or would the events of BvS and JL have led to the Knightmare timeline, and Barry goes back 'again' (or rather, its the same trip with a new message), rewriting the events of the third act of BvS?
    I think the general outline will be there.Clark choosing to be clark and not jesus(superman) would be how it ends for him.Batman would sacrifice himself.Barry would defenatly go back in time to prevent knightmare timeline.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You gotta respect just how one man can be a nexus for awful ideas. He can't help himself. They're always awful.

I ruined my back at work today. It genuinely hurts to breathe, worse to laugh, but this... This puts a smile on my face. I can't stop laughing. It's so god-awful that I know he thought it was brilliant. You can see the bounce in his step as he put it all down and shot it to whoever he sends his scripts for approval.

The only thing missing is for Clark to reveal to Lois at the end that he was in love with Bruce too and is jealous she gets to have his baby instead of Clark. He then gets reconstructive surgery to look like Bruce Wayne, adopts his identity and becomes the new Batman.
    Last edited by Robanker; 03-05-2021 at 12:40 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Edit: Actually I don’t care. No point rehashing old arguments at this point
    I dunno. I think one more argument about this is going to be the thing that finally cracks this thing wide open!

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I dunno. I think one more argument about this is going to be the thing that finally cracks this thing wide open!
    And then i will jump on my cloud,learn how to shapeshift and use magic.Punch gods and laugh like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You gotta respect just how one man can be a nexus for awful ideas. He can't help himself. They're always awful.

I ruined my back at work today. It genuinely hurts to breathe, worse to laugh, but this... This puts a smile on my face. I can't stop laughing. It's so god-awful that I know he thought it was brilliant. You can see the bounce in his step as he put it all down and shot it to whoever he sends his scripts for approval.

The only thing missing is for Clark to reveal to Lois at the end that he was in love with Bruce too and is jealous she gets to have his baby instead of Clark. He then gets reconstructive surgery to look like Bruce Wayne, adopts his identity and becomes the new Batman.
    Hahahahahahahaha hahahaha

Thanks for the laugh and hope you get well dude

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Snyder’s original story outlines for JL sequel leaked and it turns out the plan was to have Bruce and Lois have a child.

Snyder's plot outlines

Superman would have been a brainwashed tool of Darkseid until the end when Batman sacrifices himself and saves the day.

"Lois mourns Bruce's death. Afterwards Superman looks closer realizing that Lois is carrying Bruce's child. "

Holy crap. This would have been the true death of Superman.
    and I thought killing Jimmy and Dick is enough to make not wanna watch his verse

Well that's all in the past, it's fine now

BANNED

after this, I want a reboot, forget about MoS 2, because it is impossible to see this superman in the same way but especially lois. lois was not my favorite character,simple draft I like lois even less.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

This was on the verge of becoming a thing I guess...

but that really isn't enough to make me forget Superman Returns actually happened, lol
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

I don't care about the cucking or how that term gets bandied about these days (how can you be "cucked" if you're dead), but the thing with Batman makes me scratch my head. In this universe the closest thing to a successor Bruce has would have been Dick who did exist but was killed offscreen at some point in the past according to Snyder himself. With Bruce dead what were they going to do with the Batman IP in this universe going forward? No way were they were just going to leave it out on the wire, especially not with a Joker standalone story netting a billion dollars on a shoe string budget and snatching an oscar.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

It's WB, nothing will stop them from just casting another Batman/Bruce Wayne and claim it's a story set in a new universe in an Year Two type setting. Same thing they are doing now (although admittedly part of it is due to Ben Affleck's crumbling personal and professional life). We got Affleck, Keaton and Pattinson all in the same ten year span.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    I don't care about the cucking or how that term gets bandied about these days (how can you be "cucked" if you're dead), but the thing with Batman makes me scratch my head. In this universe the closest thing to a successor Bruce has would have been Dick who did exist but was killed offscreen at some point in the past according to Snyder himself. With Bruce dead what were they going to do with the Batman IP in this universe going forward? No way were they were just going to leave it out on the wire, especially not with a Joker standalone story netting a billion dollars on a shoe string budget and snatching an oscar.
    Maybe that was the main reason why Snyder's pitch wasn't accepted, because Bruce Wayne dies.