Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Well, someone did say he could send Barry back in time to screw Martha Wayne as revenge, so that was an icky joke.
    Well yes there was that but it was hardly a conversation or discussion, just a joke. A poor, icky joke mind, but a joke none the less. Much like Zack Snyder's DC films.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    His mannerism says otherwise. I mean he should have just done the first one. Snyder should have been replaced after Man Of Steel. Let someone else do MOS 2 before dragging Batman in.
    The feeling following Man of Steel was that its somewhat disappointing box office and lukewarm reception had less to do with Snyder and more to do with Superman himself, as well as that the DCEU needed to catch up to the MCU. So Batman was brought in.

They already had the script for MoS 2 completed but shoehorned Batman into it, resulting in Batman v Superman.

Incredible Member

I remember the hype before MoS was less "this is going to launch the DC Cinematic Universe" and more "this is going to be the Superman version of The Dark Knight", because of Nolan's involvement.

Yeah I think Snyder even said originally this wasn’t envisioned as a cinematic universe, just a Superman trilogy. But then MoS underperformed, Avengers broken records, and WB execs decided they wanted some of that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    The feeling following Man of Steel was that its somewhat disappointing box office and lukewarm reception had less to do with Snyder and more to do with Superman himself, as well as that the DCEU needed to catch up to the MCU. So Batman was brought in.

They already had the script for MoS 2 completed but shoehorned Batman into it, resulting in Batman v Superman.
    Which we’ve basically come full circle again with. This time instead of “let’s make Superman dark and ‘realistic’ since it worked for Batman” its “let’s make Superman black because that will allow us to tap into the market for Black Panther”. Same old WB still chasing trends, still not having faith in the character.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post

Man of steel did alright in the box office and Snyder had control over the movie. So the blame goes on him. BVS too

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Man of steel did alright in the box office and Snyder had control over the movie. So the blame goes on him. BVS too
    Yet,Snyder had to cut of all the scenes that made bvs atleast coherent narrativewise(I am not talking about creative choices.people expecting his movies to not feel like his movies are just wired.as said,he has particular portfolio of movies.You might not like the taste.But, that's a different matter.)
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-07-2021 at 08:14 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Why not? They both have more sexual tension with each other than either has with Wonder Woman, and for some reason they keep looking to her when they want to shake things up away from the normal love interests.

Let these two morons find love/misery with each other, and let Lois learn the ways of Sappho with Wonder Woman. Both these ladies deserve better than these iterations of Clark and Bruce, it might as well be with each other.
    Why would i interested in seeing that?? i couldn't disagree with you more!! That's is no sexual tension between Batman and Superman. Lois is with the right man the love of her life Clark Kent/Superman!! WW would be lucky to be with Superman or Batman!! Their both great heroes and good people!! But most of all WW should be with the love of her life Steve!! Don't Know why dc is keeping them apart. It's just plain silly!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 03-07-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Why would i interested in seeing that?? i couldn't disagree with you more!! That's is no sexual tension between Batman and Superman. Lois is with the right man the love of her live Clark Kent/Superman!! WW would be lucky to be with Superman or Batman!! Their both great heroes and good people!!
    Apollo and Midnighter exist for a reason.

But I'm clearly kidding, you don't have to take it seriously

(no WW shipping though. She's better off without either, from a narrative sense at least)

Why would i interested in seeing that?? i couldn't disagree with you more!! That's is no sexual tension between Batman and Superman. Lois is with the right man the love of her live Clark Kent/Superman!! WW would be lucky to be with Superman or Batman!! Their both great heroes and good people!!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Depends on which one we're talking about.

DEFINITELY not this one though

Fantastic Member

Bruce? Definitely is a repressed homosexual. Or at least that's how it looks like. Clark on the other hand probably wants nothing to do with Bruce outside of saving the world. And can you blame him? This guy wanted to kill him because of hi paranoia. There is no reason for them to be friends.
    Don't know where you got that idea from??? Batman a repressed homosexual!! That's a real reach!!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Apollo and Midnighter exist for a reason.

But I'm clearly kidding, you don't have to take it seriously

(no WW shipping though. She's better off without either, from a narrative sense at least)
    Shipping comes with only one logic(actually two).My ships should sail.My ship should be given time in story,so that I can cry my eyes out or something .
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Don't know where you got that idea from??? Batman a repressed homosexual!! That's a real reach!!
    Read Seduction of the Innocent, it examines Batman’s sexuality, your eyes will be opened and you will see the Satanic evil hiding in comics. We must protect the children.

spoilers:
    Lmao kidding don’t read that garbage book, but that was where the whole “Batman is gay and is having sex with Robin” pseudo intellectual take originated from
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

We are obviously joking dude. Hahaha

But maybe this version of Batman is...so who knows?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    So what's the over/under Superman being revived after only being dead for three days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's exactly what I was wondering. How long in the story was he dead for? Its supposed to be a few months in the original comic story. In the New 52 although it was never detailed, it could have only been a few days. But 3 days would completely fit with the easy and ultimately empty biblical allusions.
    I recall it was stated somewhere but I don't remember the exact number of months, it should be around 4/6 months, I think.