Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Lol maybe Clark would have vaporized Lois if he saw the fetus was Bruce's.
    Nah, he'd just vaporize the fetus, using Super Abortion, which would of course automatically destroy HBO and AT and T overnight.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Is it so hard to believe that superman is at his core a good guy?
    Hell, is it so hard to believe he just loves his fiancé?
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    SnyderCut was not planned either, and nothing like that existed in nature. Nevertheless, on that March 18, we saw Snyder's Justice League.
    "The Snyderverse is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy."

LOL - don't mind me, I'm just happy I found the only good purpose for such a horrible line of dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I think its not unreasonable for WB and HBO Max to, say, give Snyder a few hundred million to make like one or two seasons of a Justice League HBO max series to finish that story as its own thing,its own cul-de-sac as it were. Let him tell that story that was always going to be pretty much close ended in the same way Nolan's Batman trilogy was. That would not preclude or in any way interfere with anything else DC is planning.
    This, I'm fine with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Hell, is it so hard to believe he just loves his fiancé?
    Right?
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post

This, I'm fine with.

It was clear from the start MOS and whatever followed was going to be its own thing within its own story telling real estate. At least that what Nolan/Goyer and then initially Snyder thought. They conceived this thing as its own limited series of sorts while WB was looking for a hit,any hit,from which to launch a cinematic universe to create a popcorn blockbuster making machine to compete with Marvel. They had inklings about it around Superman Returns, the then tried and ultimately failed with Green Lantern. MOS ended up being a big enough hit to justify planting the flag and attempting to build said machine out of that particular stylistic take and I'm surprised WB thought that was even possible. Zack Snyder doesn't make mainstream popcorn confections and that's what DC wanted and apparently still want to build a cinematic universe out of, which is ok and understandable. Zack Snyder movies aren't built to be general audience magnets guaranteed to pull a billion dollars every time.

However, on pure numbers in terms of box office , both MOS and BvS made 650 million and nearly 900 million respectively. Even the butchered version of JL made over 600 million. That's a big chunk of change and shows that a lot of people went to see these movies, generally liked what Snyder was doing. Given the buzz surrounding this version of JL.and the fact people who even outright hated BvS and MOS liked this movie and are genuinely interested in seeing this arc continued and concluded, means there is a built in audience of its own. An HBO Max exclusive series or movies is a sound solution. People who like this gets more of it. Snyder doesn't have to worry about chopping things down to two hours and worry about studio notes,and the studio gets to pursue its plans for DC theatrically without having to tie in with what Snyder is doing.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And all it took was AT&T buying WB, a new streaming service that needed content, and a global pandemic. Plus it’s one thing for WB to give Snyder $70 million to finish a mostly shot movie. But a follow up would need at least $200+ million. Then you’d have to get all the actors back and that’s a huge hurdle because a lot of them have already signed up for other projects. Fisher and Hamada aren’t working together again ever either. Cavill might not come back unless he gets another solo. There’s a new Batman movie coming and a new Superman reboot, WB probably doesn’t want Cavill competing with the new black take for attention.
    Yeah, I feel like people clinging to the "you're telling me there's still a chance" is willfully ignoring all the behind-the-scenes context that actually led to the SnyderCut getting greenlit in the first place. It took them bleeding money, seeing their entire big tentpole theatrical releases screwed over by a global pandemic, and the big streaming service they put all their eggs in the basket for underperforming for them to try and use the SnyderCut as a hail mary. They're not going to derail their future movie plans or fund some concurrent film franchise to continue something they only did begrudgingly in the first place.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

It was clear from the start MOS and whatever followed was going to be its own thing within its own story telling real estate. At least that what Nolan/Goyer and then initially Snyder thought. They conceived this thing as its own limited series of sorts while WB was looking for a hit,any hit,from which to launch a cinematic universe to create a popcorn blockbuster making machine to compete with Marvel. They had inklings about it around Superman Returns, the then tried and ultimately failed with Green Lantern. MOS ended up being a big enough hit to justify planting the flag and attempting to build said machine out of that particular stylistic take and I'm surprised WB thought that was even possible. Zack Snyder doesn't make mainstream popcorn confections and that's what DC wanted and apparently still want to build a cinematic universe out of, which is ok and understandable. Zack Snyder movies aren't built to be general audience magnets guaranteed to pull a billion dollars every time.

However, on pure numbers in terms of box office , both MOS and BvS made 650 million and nearly 900 million respectively. Even the butchered version of JL made over 600 million. That's a big chunk of change and shows that a lot of people went to see these movies, generally liked what Snyder was doing. Given the buzz surrounding this version of JL.and the fact people who even outright hated BvS and MOS liked this movie and are genuinely interested in seeing this arc continued and concluded, means there is a built in audience of its own. An HBO Max exclusive series or movies is a sound solution. People who like this gets more of it. Snyder doesn't have to worry about chopping things down to two hours and worry about studio notes,and the studio gets to pursue its plans for DC theatrically without having to tie in with what Snyder is doing.
    Exactly. And it means I don't "have to" engage with it if I don't want to since it's not a mainstream take anymore. That's always been my thing: mainstream takes have more of a chance to shape the character (look at "Superman: The Movie" for good & bad examples of this). If all goes well, "Superman & Lois" will stay good (or at least decent) do more shaping than Snyder ever could, and I'll be happy.

Much like the New52, I'm more than fine with Snyder having his own little corner of things, as long as it's not the "main" corner.
    Last edited by JAK; 03-23-2021 at 09:14 AM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I hope that someone 10 or 20 years later makes a documentary about what was going on behind the scenes because most of the decisions that WB took are very weird. It probably would even make a decent drama film that would end with Snyder finally being able to release "his version".

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I hope that someone 10 or 20 years later makes a documentary about what was going on behind the scenes because most of the decisions that WB took are very weird. It probably would even make a decent drama film that would end with Snyder finally being able to release "his version".
    Hah it does have all the hallmarks of an epic tale doesn’t it? I’d definitely check it out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/