Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Those storyboards were written by Geoff Johns.
    Even if Johns wrote them. I'm sure it was Snyder's idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I don't think the story is that drastically changed apart from the whole Lois/Bruce thing.
    Most of the elements are still there.
    Snyder still said on many occasions that Darkseid killing Lois made Superman easily corrupted by the equation,
    and Batman would sacrifice himself at the end of his five films, stopping Lois from getting killed.
    I also hate this trope man. Supermans sanity is not related to Lois. Yes he will grieve but he will keep going.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Seems conveniently to say "written by Johns".
    When Snyder himself claims that "full disclosure, that was lettered by Geoff Johns, it's Johns handwriting, he wrote it down."
    Not that he wrote those stories, but he did work with them, and lettered all those boards.
    And obviously it was drawn by Jim Lee.
    So if we were to criticize the story, we should criticize Johns and Lee, but not Snyder and Terrio.
    So convenient.
    Nope. I'm saying that it is collaboration that should be criticized. Movies aren't made by one person. I'm a Snyder fan, I pretty openly wrote to him on Vero how much Lois and Superman fans would hate the idea and how irreversibly it would hurt us, his fanbase. Thankfully he reads most of the comments and on rare occasions replies to them, so I can only hope he sees that we don't like the idea. Maybe that will convince him not look in that direction ever again. There is one thing that can't be denied is that he loves his fans, he visits low tier YouTubes with less than a thousand subscribers, he even gave us his fan mail address and we sended him a package of letters of appreciation and he posted it thanking us in return. He always highlights positivity of his fandom. He never encourages toxic ones, which he also mentions in Variety interview. He is not without faults, I don't eat all of his ideas as good ones just because it came from him. I think that's what a good fan does, constructively criticizes his or hers fav.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I also hate this trope man. Supermans sanity is not related to Lois. Yes he will grieve but he will keep going.
    We have so many "Lois died and Superman went insane" stories that unfortunately I think that it is done deal by this point. I'm fairly certain that if someone challenged this idea now then he'd get lots of criticism for not getting Superman's character.

Astonishing Member

Lol, seriously, this dude says that Superman is his favorite hero, but in his ''great LOTR inspired 5-arc story'' it's all about Batman, who even gets child with Lois? Really? It's really funny.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I can't, and won't defend this terrible idea. As much is I think that people have been overdramatic with their hatred and vitriol against MOS and BvS, and as much as I liked those films (with my own reservations) ,the whole Lois and Batman thing would have been my moment of turning on what Snyder has done. I don't think I would belabor the point as so many did with the endless "Man of Murder/Hobo of Steel" posts that at one time seem to dominate this forum's former incarnation,I probably would be very vocally angry If indeed that is what we would have gotten.

Yet,I won't go down the road of "this proves Snyder hates Superman" or "Zack Snyder doesn't like Superman! He lied when he said he did. " I can't read his mind and unless the rest of you have empath or mental powers, you all can't either. He says he likes Superman and is a fan of him, and I take him at his word.

Plenty of people can like...in fact ,LOVE a character and when given the chance to write for that character,completely misses the target and or is chock full of Bad ideas that they aren't really aware are bad,but are indeed bad.

Case in point...JMS. The guy undoubtedly loves the character and had often said it was his dream job...and the only two major contributions he made to Superman to date were GROUNDED and SUPERMAN:EARTH ONE. One had Clark spend the bulk of the story "walking across America" whilst the later was laden with questionable choices in retelling Superman's origins and early career.

So, no I won't say Zack Snyder dislikes Superman or question whether or not he admires or likes the character. He probably does like Superman. Doesn't mean his idea of having Superman ultimately raise Bruce and Lois's love child alongside Lois was anything but abysmal and tone deaf. Both can be true.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 03-06-2021 at 05:06 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So what?bruce wayne is naruto, lois is sakura and superman is sasuke?

That is funny as heck! all that's missing is for batman and superman to start a fight screaming
    "batmaaaan!!!!"
    "Suuuuuupermaann!"
    The concept of Superman being a Sasuke equivalent in Snyder's so called 'vision' is awful.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I can't, and won't defend this terrible idea. As much is I think that people have been overdramatic with their hatred and vitriol against MOS and BvS, and as much as I liked those films (with my own reservations) ,the whole Lois and Batman thing would have been my moment of turning on what Snyder has done. I don't think I would belabor the point as so many did with the endless "Man of Murder/Hobo of Steel" posts that at one time seem to dominate this forum's former incarnation,I probably would be very vocally angry If indeed that is what we would have gotten.

Yet,I won't go down the road of "this proves Snyder hates Superman" or "Zack Snyder doesn't like Superman! He lied when he said he did. " I can't read his mind and unless the rest of you have empath or mental powers, you all can't either. He says he likes Superman and is a fan of him, and I take him at his word.

Plenty of people can like...in fact ,LOVE a character and when given the chance to write for that character,completely misses the target and or is chock full of Bad ideas that they aren't really aware are bad,but are indeed bad.

Case in point...JMS. The guy undoubtedly loves the character and had often said it was his dream job...and the only two major contributions he made to Superman to date were GROUNDED and SUPERMAN:EARTH ONE. One had Clark spend the bulk of the story "walking across America" whilst the later was laden with questionable choices in retelling Superman's origins and early career.

So, no I won't say Zack Snyder dislikes Superman or question whether or not he admires or likes the character. He probably does like Superman. Doesn't mean his idea of having Superman ultimately raise Bruce and Lois's love child alongside Lois was anything but abysmal and tone deaf. Both can be true.
    Same. There is a lot of us on twitter who are fans of his, but absolutely hate the idea and are trashing it to the core, while also trying to make him aware of our total displeasure by commenting on Vero, but in much less hostile manner. We love the guy, so we also care about him to not make stupid things, lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

He is the director of the dc universe, his job is to say that the characters like him, his word in that sense has no value, also film >>>>>> word, and from what we have seen of his films and ideas of the future snyder's likes are batman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> superman, I think no one doubts it. until proven otherwise, snyder hates superman.

But we knew that he hated Superman after MoS anyway.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The concept of Superman being a Sasuke equivalent in Snyder's so called 'vision' is awful.
    Hey! atleast he gets the girl.I mean,lois is better than sakura any day of the week.Besides,Naruto is a pro-status quo character.Sasuke ain't.Kishimoto himself said,"naruto is a fairytale".More than that he said,sakura will end up with better man(if i remeber correctly).Sasuke atleast rethinks things based on his experiences.Naruto is a straightline.He's jesus.That's by design,not saying it's bad.He's a better character than superman who's also jesus.I mean,the kid is someone you can root for as orphan with nothing being hated and all that jazz.Even if you don't agree.Also,sasuke is the last of his kind.So,superman and sasuke have that in common.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-06-2021 at 07:06 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    She was a widow, she didn't do anything. If Clark dies or vice versa they're not mandated to remain alone afterwards. But for what it's worth Bruce getting with Lois over Clark ranks pretty low on the BatGod totem pole (not that I'm vying for that to happen mind you) but atleast it's a canonical part of Bruce's character that he's a bit of a Casanova. Bruce beating Clark in a fight makes pretty no sense at all going off what both characters a capable of and is imo a much more egregious example of BatGod pushing.
    Lois isn't bad for moving on. Its just the story does her dirty by making her the receptacle for the Bat seed and little else.

Her moving on with the dude who almost murdered her boyfriend if goddamn nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Lois isn't bad for moving on. Its just the story does her dirty by making her the receptacle for the Bat seed and little else.

Her moving on with the dude who almost murdered her boyfriend if goddamn nuts.
    This was before bvs.We don't know what bvs would have looked like.If that's true.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This was before bvs.We don't know what bvs would have looked like.If that's true.
    The fact that it was even kicked around isn't in encouraging.

And we even still have Jeremy Irons spewing lines that possibly foreshadow this development in the final film

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The fact that it was even kicked around isn't in encouraging.

And we even still have Jeremy Irons spewing lines that possibly foreshadow this development in the final film
    I think that line was in regards to bruce having unrequited love for lois.Not this.This was scrapped before bvs became a thing(so they say).Even the unrequited love thing is gone,i believe.I would have loved to see that.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-06-2021 at 07:28 AM.