Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

It is probably unlikely that many people are going to watch 4 hours long movie if they are not already interested in it. And by the numbers it looks like has way more hardcore fans than hardcore haters.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    So let Bruce carry the baby, if he's so important. LOL!
    I am sure clark would probably love that idea.
    They can even name their son dick grayson.

#superbat4life#Robinisback
    But alas,that would turn whole different movie.wouldn't it?

I mean,The whole knightmare sequance was Joker making fun of bruce for letting dick grayson die.I told people this felt like some silverage high jinks.But,this time too serious.They should probably change "Lois is the key" to "Save the baby, save the world" with monologues at the start of each movie.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-19-2021 at 03:50 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    During watch party that was yeasterday Zack Snyder confrimed that spoilers:
    Lois is pregnant from Clark in ZSJL. There is a scene where you can see pregnancy test among her stuff and during that scene Zack explained why.
    end of spoilers
    And he will become the second Batman. Why not add Damian, Jason or Tim to the DCEU? Why turn Superman's son into the new Batman, when Bruce has someone to follow in his footsteps?

Because they don't exist?

BANNED

Definitely want to be clear that my personal disagreement with some of Snyder’s creative choices should not be construed as personal dislike for the man. On the contrary, I think he seems like a genuine and kind person and I think it speaks volumes that so many people who work with him praise how comfortable he makes them on set. I genuinely think a lot of the critique aimed at Snyder has been overly personal and cruel in many respects especially after the tragic death of his daughter.

I don’t like everything about ZSJL but I do like Zack himself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Definitely. Superman simply isn't the kind of character that gels well with his approach. I would love to see him remake Excalibur, though.
    I'd rather he take a crack at Camelot 3000, that's more his speed.

Its weird how, in the end, Superman's character was one if not perhaps the only one that benefitted more from Whedon's crappy cut and paste job. Outside of the CGI lips.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am sure clark would probably love that idea.
    They can even name their son dick grayson.
    I'm just commenting on how ridiculous/hilarious it is that Bruce is the important human component of a child conceived and carried by Lois. That's like sexism to the point of parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its weird how, in the end, Superman's character was one if not perhaps the only one that benefitted more from Whedon's crappy cut and paste job. Outside of the CGI lips.
    I'm not surprised by that, really. Henry talked about sitting down with Whedon and that they had very similar ideas about what they wanted out of Superman (or something like that - it's been a while since I read it), so it would make sense that Superman was better served.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Snyder's revised plan for Lois' child:

Darkseid’s invasion, the fall of Earth, and the tragedy’s reversal all happen fairly quickly after the events of *Justice League—*say, within a few months. Long enough for a child to be born shortly thereafter.

This is another major spoiler from the #SnyderCut: “Lois is pregnant at the end of the movie,” Snyder said. The pregnancy test can be seen in her nightstand—with a label from the fictional brand Force Majeure, a French phrase that basically translates to “unforeseeable circumstances.”

Her pregnancy is another storyline Warner Bros. wanted to cut from Snyder’s movie before he left the project originally in 2017, he said. “That was always my hope, but they made me not do it, originally. But I got it in.”

Presumably, this baby was conceived before Superman’s death in Batman v Superman. (They did have that romantic bathtub scene, which may have been more important than viewers realized.)

Remember at the beginning of all this, when Snyder said a new Batman would replace Affleck’s Bruce Wayne? “It was going to be Lois and Superman’s son,” the filmmaker said. “He doesn’t have any powers, and then he was going to end up being the new Batman.”

The Snyderverse would have flash-forwarded to a scene in which Clark Kent and Lois Lane take their now grown son to visit a familiar location. There, they ask him to pick up the crusade of their fallen friend. “Twenty years later, on the anniversary of [Batman’s] death, they take young Bruce Kent down to the Batcave and they say, ‘Your Uncle Bruce would’ve been proud if you did this,’” Snyder said.

“Anyway,” the director added. “Something like that.”

Source: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ding-explained
    Most of us would say Clark is Jonathan and Martha's son. Clark adopting Lois and Bruce's son could still be in play.

I saw it. I'll post my thoughts later when I've had more time to mull it over, but it's not the trainwreck I was afraid of. In a word? Uneven.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Snyder's revised plan for Lois' child:

Darkseid’s invasion, the fall of Earth, and the tragedy’s reversal all happen fairly quickly after the events of *Justice League—*say, within a few months. Long enough for a child to be born shortly thereafter.

This is another major spoiler from the #SnyderCut: “Lois is pregnant at the end of the movie,” Snyder said. The pregnancy test can be seen in her nightstand—with a label from the fictional brand Force Majeure, a French phrase that basically translates to “unforeseeable circumstances.”

Her pregnancy is another storyline Warner Bros. wanted to cut from Snyder’s movie before he left the project originally in 2017, he said. “That was always my hope, but they made me not do it, originally. But I got it in.”

Presumably, this baby was conceived before Superman’s death in Batman v Superman. (They did have that romantic bathtub scene, which may have been more important than viewers realized.)

Remember at the beginning of all this, when Snyder said a new Batman would replace Affleck’s Bruce Wayne? “It was going to be Lois and Superman’s son,” the filmmaker said. “He doesn’t have any powers, and then he was going to end up being the new Batman.”

The Snyderverse would have flash-forwarded to a scene in which Clark Kent and Lois Lane take their now grown son to visit a familiar location. There, they ask him to pick up the crusade of their fallen friend. “Twenty years later, on the anniversary of [Batman’s] death, they take young Bruce Kent down to the Batcave and they say, ‘Your Uncle Bruce would’ve been proud if you did this,’” Snyder said.

“Anyway,” the director added. “Something like that.”

Source: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ding-explained
    Not as bad as the Cuck **** but it is still f*cking stupid. Does Snyder have some kind of Batman boner? Seriously you should have gotten Grant Morrison to map out these movies.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Not as bad as the Cuck **** but it is still f*cking stupid. Does Snyder have some kind of Batman boner? Seriously you should have gotten Grant Morrison to map out these movies.
    You all realize Morrison also has a huge Bat boner too, right?

All his best Superman stories exist in a vacuum away from Bruce. I have no doubt Morrison would Batgod wank hard.

It'd just be good Batwank that we'd begrudgingly call dope. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

All his best Superman stories exist in a vacuum away from Bruce. I have no doubt Morrison would Batgod wank hard.

I'm sure Morrison would have done better regardless and wouldn't have done this sh*t. We can throw in Johns as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I'm sure Morrison would have done better regardless and wouldn't have done this sh*t. We can throw in Johns as well.
    Honestly they could have adapted Morrison's New52 Action Comic,
    it's something that could make Clark Kent seem cool to the general public.
    I mean, Man of Steel essentially borrowed heavily from Superman Earth One.

I thought he was pretty even with the two in his JLA. Hilariously it’s Waid who really created the “preptime” meme. I wonder how he feels about that?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

I think Morrison also has a Superman boner.
    His Nix Uotan storyline is essentially Superman for the Monitors.
    Superman Beyond is probably one of the biggest Superman wank?
    And he said in his book or interview that Batman fights death, Superman fights the Impossible.