Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    snyder fans keep saying he's a superman fan, let's see.
    1: superman takes a beating from batman.
    2: lois falls in love and gets pregnant with batman.
    3: lois returns with superman because he needs her more (sorry, she is still in love with batman).
    4: superman is the great villain of history, batman the hero.
    5: superman forgives lois and raises the son who is proof of lois' infidelity with the man who humiliated him in every way.
    I think it's very clear that snyder hates superman, the only reason he speaks so highly of superman is because of his work, he can't go out and say that superman sucks.
    I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-05-2021 at 06:55 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song.
    We only saw part of snyder's plans. snyder's complete plans include a vision in which we see batman with lara and martha, superman sees that vision and with a smile says how happy he is with his mother and his wife sleeping with god.

Incredible Member

I have to say, reading these 9 pages of pure horror and disgust ocassionally disguised as humor has been more entertaining than any Snyder film I've seen. So thank you, random internet people.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Didn't they make MOS because of the Superman rights?
    Sort of...

They had a Superman Returns sequel in development until about 2009-ish when they decided to go reboot. There were some issues with the rights (something like WB had to actively make a Superman movie or the rights would revert to the Siegel/Shuster estates) but they were going to make a MoS-type movie anyway. They also reportedly went with Snyder because Snyder was fast and could finish MoS by whatever deadline they needed.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

As far as the topic...yeah, this is why I'm adamant WB should have fired Snyder after BvS and never looked back. I'm hoping the Snyder Cut excludes most of this but we really don't know what he filmed and what he's able to edit together. Hollywood is full of movies that were creatively edited to add storylines that were never in scripts.

Interestingly enough, while I've read how poor this makes Superman look and how this feeds into the Bat-God concept...no one has mentioned how terrible Lois is portrayed in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    As far as the topic...yeah, this is why I'm adamant WB should have fired Snyder after BvS and never looked back. I'm hoping the Snyder Cut excludes most of this but we really don't know what he filmed and what he's able to edit together. Hollywood is full of movies that were creatively edited to add storylines that were never in scripts.

Interestingly enough, while I've read how poor this makes Superman look and how this feeds into the Bat-God concept...no one has mentioned how terrible Lois is portrayed in this scenario.
    Yeah she is terrible. She tells Batman that Superman “needs her”, basically implying she’s sticking with him out of pity instead of her one true love Batman. Also lying to Clark that he’s the father. She’s a terrible person but so are DCEU Clark and Bruce so whatever I guess.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Lois has endured worse, or weirder:
    -- Like in RED SON by Millar, he envisions that without US-Born Superman, Lois would automatically shack up with Luthor when it doesn't make sense.
    -- Then the Elseworld with Superman raised in Apokolips, has Lois hook up with Orion for some weird reason.
    -- Let's not forget the misogynist nightmare she was plunged into in the '50s where she became this total harpy with an obnoxious personality in comics that were bafflingly popular and sold more than Wonder Woman and any other female heroine at the time. Thus cementing and mainlining sexism and codifying women in a negative way in comics' history.

It's kind of funny to me that Modern Lois Lane actually has far more in common with Harvey Kurtzman's parody of her in SUPERDUPERMAN which attacked the sexism of the Superman comics and the Superman/Lois/Clark (which he pointed out was inherently sexist):

As for Snyder...
    Amy Adams' Lois was one of the few redeeming moments in Man of Steel and BVS (that sex scene at the bathtub between her and Clark was genuinely well done), and to me it's just absurdly nonsensical for her to hook up with Affleck after she personally intervened to stop Batman inches from stabbing her beau with a spear.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    As for Snyder...
    Amy Adams' Lois was one of the few redeeming moments in Man of Steel and BVS (that sex scene at the bathtub between her and Clark was genuinely well done), and to me it's just absurdly nonsensical for her to hook up with Affleck after she personally intervened to stop Batman inches from stabbing her beau with a spear.
    This draft was before bvs.I wonder who's baby it is in JL poster,if this is scrapped.He clearly wants to start and end with a baby.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-05-2021 at 10:13 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

There's nothing I can add that hasn't been said in previous posts...other than "yikes".

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Those storyboards were written by Geoff Johns.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Were did you get that?

So now will Snyderfans admit they’re dogcrap and terrible since they can just shift all the blame to Johns? Because there’s plenty evidence in this thread that Snyder was the one who came up with these ideas.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Imagine Snyder cultist this desperate.
    Clearly some Snyder fans claim this was before BvS at which point Geoff Johns wasn't even involved.
    And Snyder himself claimed in the interview that he wanted Lois and Bruce romance but got nixed by WB.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Imagine Snyder cultist this desperate.
    Clearly some Snyder fans claim this was before BvS at which point Geoff Johns wasn't even involved.
    And Snyder himself claimed in the interview that he wanted Lois and Bruce romance but got nixed by WB.
    Last I checked,Geoff Johns was involved with bvs as producer. He was the one who launched the DC film universe with Kevin smith.I don't know if this was before bvs .But, that's what was circulated.maybe I should have put "from what I heard",this time as well.
    Edit-apparently the handwriting is Geoff johns's.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-05-2021 at 11:14 PM.

So it’s just a conspiracy theory based on someone saying the handwriting looks like Johns’? Ok then. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was involved since he was CCO at the time but he clearly would not be the one coming up with this. This story is 100% Snyder’s, if Johns was calling the shots Batman would not be impregnating Lois Lane, it’s insane to think otherwise.