Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't need to interpret.That's not talking smack this is.
    "Roman reigns is a punk who doesn't know how to wrestle and is basically the champion because of his family connections"
    Again you want to argue your point. You feel a certain way about Snyder and his view of the DCEU. I get it.

I'm telling you I'm not here to argue. Everyone is going to have their own feelings and bias, and interpret things accordingly.

I'm telling you from my perspective, he definitely looks down on the Reeve films and that incarnation of the character as well as its fans. Again, I'm telling you this as someone who feels 100% he's right, because while I appreciate the films I don't hold Reeve's Superman as definitive either. But it's clear that if he's not talking smack as you keep saying, he certainly has a condescending view of it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Again you want to argue your point. You feel a certain way about Snyder and his view of the DCEU. I get it.

I'm telling you I'm not here to argue. Everyone is going to have their own feelings and bias, and interpret things accordingly.

I'm telling you from my perspective, he definitely looks down on the Reeve films and that incarnation of the character as well as its fans. Again, I'm telling you this as someone who feels 100% he's right, because while I appreciate the films I don't hold Reeve's Superman as definitive either. But it's clear that if he's not talking smack as you keep saying, he certainly has a condescending view of it.
    I don't really care about snyder or his movie.I feel this place entirely lacks balance.So,i argue from the other side.Besides,i like wasting time.

As for looking down,I haven't seen or felt it.He feels pg13 fun mass appeal movies are boring.He wants gore,destruction,visual imagery,elements,heavy metal and things like that.Just like how i feel soap opera drama is boring.I will roll my eyes at cause it ain't for me.It doesn't mean i am being condescending toward it's audiences.It just mean i will not likely be a part of it.I sure as hell won't be making superman and lois or lois and clark or something like that.If i ever did ,there will be a lot of kicking and punching like martial arts series.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-06-2021 at 12:15 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Again, you asked for proof. I gave it to you. Interpret it as you see fit. I'm not here to change people's minds.
    I don't really understand what is there to even interpret? In quoted text he doesn't say anything negative about older Superman movies.

I'm pretty sure none of us here were excited for the adventures of Cuck man's and my wife's son.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Would it have been too much energy for Snyder's Carla Gugino Catwoman and Bruce to have a child together?

If the Bruce and Lois was going to be a thing. I wonder if Clark and Diana was planned next.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I do want to add that while Snyder clearly had his reasons for picking Lois, it's not entirely correct to say she is cuckolding Superman. He's literally dead when it happens. She's allowed to move on, albeit it should never be with Bruce (and especially not in this continuity). It's awful for so many reasons, but that's not one of them specifically.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don’t think Lois moving on is the problem (at least it shouldn’t be). It’s that she moved on to the guy who tried to kill him than decided they were best buds afterward. The only worse choices would be Lex and Doomsday itself.

So what's the over/under Superman being revived after only being dead for three days?

That's exactly what I was wondering. How long in the story was he dead for? Its supposed to be a few months in the original comic story. In the New 52 although it was never detailed, it could have only been a few days. But 3 days would completely fit with the easy and ultimately empty biblical allusions.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Its supposed to be a few months in the original comic story.
    I had thought it was 3 weeks to a month (I recall asking this question before, but don't recall the exact answer). I know there was those two little kids buried in the rubble they pulled out alive (they had access to water), and then they pulled the same story for Clark.

On the other other hand, this discussion has people putting forward the the text claimed anything from days to months. Leaves me up in the air. So, what are everyone's thoughts on it? To me, the kids and Clark's return are important so I think more weeks than months for that to be remotely feasible.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I don’t think Lois moving on is the problem (at least it shouldn’t be). It’s that she moved on to the guy who tried to kill him than decided they were best buds afterward. The only worse choices would be Lex and Doomsday itself.
    It would have been hilarious if Bruce went from obsessively hating Superman and plotting his murder to obsessively wanting to be his best friend to bunny boiler levels.

Then Clark comes back from the dead and is all "I know we teamed up and I hope you stay on the right path, but seriously stay the f*** away from me please. I will get a restraining order if I have to."

BANNED

I see many defending lois, the truth is that I do not understand.
    1: lois falls in love with the man who tried to kill the love of her life.
    2: superman is dead at most a few months, but lois is not only with another, is pregnant, it seems that the night that doomsday went through superman, batman went through lois, I don't cry much.
    3: go back to superman because he needs her, not out of love, out of necessity.
    4: lie about your pregnancy.
    5: There are millions of men, but she ends up with another hero, it seems that she collects them.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It would have been hilarious if Bruce went from obsessively hating Superman and plotting his murder to obsessively wanting to be his best friend to bunny boiler levels.

Then Clark comes back from the dead and is all "I know we teamed up and I hope you stay on the right path, but seriously stay the f*** away from me please. I will get a restraining order if I have to."
    Followed up a few week later where Bruce shows up to a lit bat signal only to be handed a court summons for stalking Superman.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I see many defending lois, the truth is that I do not understand.
    1: lois falls in love with the man who tried to kill the love of her life.
    2: superman is dead at most a few months, but lois is not only with another, is pregnant, it seems that the night that doomsday went through superman, batman went through lois, I don't cry much.
    3: go back to superman because he needs her, not out of love, out of necessity.
    4: lie about your pregnancy.
    5: There are millions of men, but she ends up with another hero, it seems that she collects them.
    I think it's more that people are defending Lois from a bad plot, not from how she acts in the plot.

She really does come off kind of badly, but so do Clark and Bruce. It's just a headache all the way down for those three.

In some ways, Dick and Jimmy are the lucky ones...

Followed up a few week later where Bruce shows up to a lit bat signal only to be handed a court summons for stalking Superman.
    Cue going back to trying to murder him again, in a "if I can't have you" way

Meanwhile, Dick is actually alive and just living in the next city over but doesn't call that much anymore, and Bruce is just going into melodramatic "my son is dead (to me)" mode
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 03-06-2021 at 05:07 PM.

You pinpoint the moment Batmans heart is broken and Alfred having "I told you" moment.