Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

There's a YouTube video that revisits the Silver Age comic and it addresses the ruckus around Snyder's plans:

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I legit read through every comment in this thread. Probably the most entertaining thread I’ve seen on CBR based of responses.

I don’t think a lot of you are using the term cuck properly or it might be intentional due to anger.
    This combined with "We live in a society" and the Joker Jesus promotional image has made this the funniest past few weeks.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-06-2021 at 10:01 AM.

BANNED

What are the links to the “we live in a society” and joker Jesus discussions!? I’m definitely up for laughs

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That's another issue I have with Snyder. IN press and interviews he keeps talking smack about Donner and Chris Reeve's Superman.
    Show me an interview where he did.I will believe you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah the irony is that despite fans of the DCEU talking about “let the character evolve”, most of Snyder’s stuff is just reusing the Donner films except poorly done. Same villains, same big emotional beats, the same Clois endgame (hey I like the Clois relationship but if you really wanted to do something new you would use one of the other major LIs), etc. And when he’s not taking from Donner, when he’s doing his own stuff, it’s frequently... stuff like the OP.
    On the contrary,what snyder has been saying is that he is presenting your superman filtered through him.It was just people that hated that viewpoint itself that said "this ain't our superman".
    there is a meme.right? with snyder going "this is only way i know how to" or something like that.
    here it is.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-06-2021 at 10:57 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Show me an interview where he did.I will believe you.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...201159883/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    which part of that was talking smack.genuine question.
    “The thing I was surprised about in response to Superman was how everyone clings to the Christopher Reeve version of Superman,” he told Forbes. “How tightly they cling to those ideas, not really the comic book version, but more the movie version. … If you really analyze the comic book version of Superman, he’s killed, he’s done all the things. I guess the rules that people associate with Superman in the movie world are not the rules that really apply to him in the comic book world because those rules are different. He’s done all the things and more that we’ve shown him doing, right?”

“It’s just funny to see people really taking it personally … because I made (Superman) real, you know, I made him feel or made consequences (in) the world,” he said. “I felt like, it was the same thing in ‘Watchmen.’ We really wanted to show it wasn’t just like they thought, like the PG-13 version where everyone just gets up and they’re fine. I really wanted to show the violence is real, people get killed or get hurt and it’s not fun or funny.”

Either you guys haven't heard people talk smack or really thin skinned.
    edit-the guy is only saying he is surprised by backlash when byrne superman killed becasue donner's superman didn't and just that.He says,he tried to make more stakes high atmosphere with actions having consequences.which wasn't fun or funny.It's not strictly the pg13 like the donner movies either.I refuse to believe people don't get it.It's just they want to take a shot at snyder.Do so.I have no problem.But,there is such a thing as being fair.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-06-2021 at 11:25 AM.

The funny part is the article ends by saying BvS would face CA: Civil War, what a beatdown that was, BvS took a worse beating than a crook's wife.

BANNED

“It’s just funny to see people really taking it personally … because I made (Superman) real, you know,
    No you didn't.

...I made him feel or made consequences (in) the world,” he said.
    Man of Steel ends with Superman making out with Lois and bro-ing out with the military, and BVS begins with building a statue of Superman for saving them from Zod while also 9/11-ing the entire city in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    No you didn't.

Man of Steel ends with Superman making out with Lois and bro-ing out with the military, and BVS begins with building a statue of Superman for saving them from Zod while also 9/11-ing the entire city in the process.
    Huh! that's you personal opinion on snyder's view point.You are fine to have that opinion or criticism.You still didn't show me where he talked smack.

which part of that was talking smack.genuine question.
    “The thing I was surprised about in response to Superman was how everyone clings to the Christopher Reeve version of Superman,” he told Forbes. “How tightly they cling to those ideas, not really the comic book version, but more the movie version. … If you really analyze the comic book version of Superman, he’s killed, he’s done all the things. I guess the rules that people associate with Superman in the movie world are not the rules that really apply to him in the comic book world because those rules are different. He’s done all the things and more that we’ve shown him doing, right?”

“It’s just funny to see people really taking it personally … because I made (Superman) real, you know, I made him feel or made consequences (in) the world,” he said. “I felt like, it was the same thing in ‘Watchmen.’ We really wanted to show it wasn’t just like they thought, like the PG-13 version where everyone just gets up and they’re fine. I really wanted to show the violence is real, people get killed or get hurt and it’s not fun or funny.”

Either you guys haven't heard people talk smack or really thin skinned.
    edit-the guy is only saying he is surprised by backlash when byrne superman killed becasue donner's superman didn't and just that.He says,he tried to make more stakes high atmosphere with actions having consequences.which wasn't fun or funny.It's not strictly the pg13 like the donner movies either.I refuse to believe people don't get it.It's just they want to take a shot at snyder.Do so.I have no problem.But,there is such a thing as being fair.
    You asked for proof that he talked down about Christopher Reeve's Superman and I provided that to you. There's no way you can walk away from reading that and feel he has a great appreciation for that incarnation of Superman or its fans. It's clear he thinks his interpretation of the character is better.

I'm not even a huge fan of the Donner Superman either, but Snyder's condescending feelings definitely permeates in that article.

It's really good tht we know Snyder original plans, so people can stop caling for him being back on DCEU.

His plan looks like some generic fanfic on AO3, if I had a doubt that he dislikes Superman now i'm sure he hates Superman.

Sometimes is really good a film executive says no to nosense plans like this. What a way to destroy characters

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's really good tht we know Snyder original plans, so people can stop caling for him being back on DCEU.

His plan looks like some generic fanfic on AO3, if I had a doubt that he dislikes Superman now i'm sure he hates Superman.

Sometimes is really good a film executive says no to nosense plans like this. What a way to destroy characters
    The irony is I don't think he hates Superman at all. In fact I would argue the opposite.

Again, this is a guy who just has a very dark, very somber, very unfun view of super heroes.

You asked for proof that he talked down about Christopher Reeve's Superman and I provided that to you. There's no way you can walk away from reading that and feel he has a great appreciation for that incarnation of Superman or its fans. It's clear he thinks his interpretation of the character is better.

I'm not even a huge fan of the Donner Superman either, but Snyder's condescending feelings definitely permeates in that article.
    Talking about something is not talking smack.It's that simple.I can,because the mos plot is basically donner movie done differently with other takes like bryne,earthone,for tomorrow..etc mixed in.No,he thinks he doesn't understand the reluctance to embrace another take not his take being superior.He talked smack ofcourse to some journalist regarding saturday night cartoons and justice league or something like that.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-06-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Talking about something is not talking smack.It's that simple.I can,because the mos plot is basically donner movie done differently with other takes like bryne,earthone,for tomorrow..etc mixed in.No,he thinks he doesn't understand the reluctance to embrace another take.
    Again, you asked for proof. I gave it to you. Interpret it as you see fit. I'm not here to change people's minds.

Again, you asked for proof. I gave it to you. Interpret it as you see fit. I'm not here to change people's minds.
    I don't need to interpret.That's not talking smack this is.
    "Roman reigns is a punk who doesn't know how to wrestle and is basically the champion because of his family connections"
    Also,saying superman the movie is pg13 fun movie is not condescension.It's the truth.He wanted something more edgier is all.That's his m.o.His previous works are 300,watchmen,sucker punch..etc.Expecting a donner movie from snyder is foolish.It's not his head space.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-06-2021 at 11:51 AM.