Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Guess we’ll see. Honestly I think Ray Fisher’s feud with Hamada more than anything is what’s ensuring this is the end of Snyder’s days as handling DC. That and I guess Cavill refusing to appear in anything unless they give him what he wants. But make no mistake: There’s zero guarantee Snyder won’t get more anymore.
    There's no guarantee of anything, but the chances of Snyder getting a full-blown sequel are so microscopic, I think the fanboy kvetching is unnecessary. That said, I can absolutely see HBO Max ponying up some money to do an animated sequel, but live-action would simply be too expensive a gamble.

I think the big question is - would the key actors want to return for a sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    And, even if they were willing, would the studio be able to afford them? Gadot and Mamoa are no doubt more expensive than they were before and their contracts for Justice League Part 2 have lapsed by now. And then Cavill's a whole other issue, as he doesn't want to return unless he gets a full-blown Superman sequel he has some degree of creative control over, which WB absolutely won't give him.

Once you add the Fisher/Hamada stuff on top of all that, the idea that Zack Snyder is going to make a sequel to this just because a bunch of people watched it on 3rd place streaming service is too ridiculous to consider a serious possibility...but, then again, Hollywood be crazy

Astonishing Member

I guess that some of them could have some contractual obligations, while others - like Ray Fisher - have basically destroyed their not particularly healthy career. Others, like Affleck, may not even want to return, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.
    I mean, it took a pandemic for Snyder to have his JL released (I doubt that they would have ever allowed this to happen if they didn't desperately need content for HBO Max), but here we are now.
    Personally speaking, I would have never believed this could happen, but I will watch it. I mean, I don't expect it to be particularly good, but who knows? My main issue with the previous DCEU movies is not that they were over-the-top and bizarre, but that they weren't over-the-top or bizarre ENOUGH. If Snyder had inserted more deformed freaks à la 300, Sucker Punch-y giant robot samurais with a machine gun and steam zombies, maybe they would have been better. Snyder trying to look and sound deeper than he is, with SuperJesus and similar rubbish, is what makes these movies fail.

I mean, there is a vague possibility that this JL may actually be interesting if they took the Mad Max Fury Road direction, because Mad Max Fury Road is one of the few masterpieces of the latest decade. Yes, Snyder is not George Miller - not even remotely - but who knows.

In any case, ZSJL can't be as bad as Wonder Woman 84. Nothing can be THAT bad.

I actually have way fewer problems with Snyder - I kind of like him even if I don't find him particularly talented and I have a soft spot for people who desperately believe so much in their projects to be released - than I have with Snyderfans. The fact that some Snyderfans actually define themselves as a "movement" makes me very sad about the decline of Western civilization.

Anyway, if the ZSJL is a creative, over-the-top slugfest I'd actually support some sequels. But I want my ridiculous samurai robots, more people breaking necks (in my opinion every single ZS superhero should break a neck at least once), Batman - with his mask on - and Lois Lane in Joker makeup banging each other as if there was no tomorrow while Superman watches them dressed as Alfred, Clark Kent becoming Gollum and kissing the feet of Saur, err Darkseid, the Legion of Doom in tattoos and eyepatch, MORE filters and more more more objectivist bullshit. I am serious. As long as it doesn't touch the Matt Reeves relaunch and - maybe - the JJ Abrams one.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

BANNED

I just watched it, and I hope we don't get a continuation of this universe.
    There was just a lot of Evil Superman scene, I honestly don't want to see any of that, can't speak for the general audience though.

The Superman scene in the Kryptonian Ship was pretty cool, a bunch of dialogue from Joseph and Jor-El.
    There was the BGM from MoS's Flight when Superman takes off again in Black Suit, that was pretty good but way too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think you're overthinking it. I saw none of that. What pregnancy tests? What longing looks?

The original idea was that Bruce would fall in love with Lois while she was still mourning Clark. Since Clark returns in this film, there's no way for that to happen now because it was rightfully shot down before the film even started shooting.
    When Lois opens the drawer to get the engagement ring, it's right next to It.
    Now that could mean a lot of things, but based on the leaked storyboards we know what he intended with it.

Then, when Leto talk about the loved ones Bruce lost, who is werdly added in the conversation? Lois Lane.
    It's good to keep in mind that this scene is a knew one, shot and written after the Snyder Cut was greenlit, so the Lois and Bruce thing is very much a possibility if Snyder get a chance of making JL 2 and 3.

Not to talk about Diana saying Lois was Superman's world while looking a Bruce.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 03-18-2021 at 03:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Now that could mean a lot of things, but based on the leaked storyboards we know what he intended with it.

Then, when Leto talk about the loved ones Bruce lost, who is werdly added in the conversation? Lois Lane.
    It's good to keep in mind that this scene is a knew one, shot and written after the Snyder Cut was greenlit, so the Lois and Bruce thing is very much a possibility if Snyder get a chance of making JL 2 and 3.

Yeah, I think I saw the pregnancy test as well, also Bruce saying "Congratulation" to Clark,
    but I think it's probably just Lois being pregnant with Clark's baby,
    they probably changed from the storyboard ending to Lois and Clark naming their child Bruce or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

That would imply Lois is pregnant with Clark’s baby, not Bruce’s, so, again, I don’t see how that storyline could possibly work unless you’re suggesting that Snyder was planning on retconning in an entire failed romance between Bruce and Lois that somehow took place while Lois was a shut-in and Bruce wasn’t trying to gather together the League.

The Lois stuff in the Joker/Batman conversation was alluding to the whole Lois being murdered to corrupt Superman with the Anti-Life Equation stuff, which was explicitly shown in the various dark alternate future scenes, which I don’t really have much interest in, but at least it’s not as dumb as Lois getting pregnant by Bruce.

This is one of those things when fans hear that something bad was in the plans once and they keep thinking that it still might happen or it is just around the corner. Best example of this in comics for me is Nightwing. Didio wanted to kill him in Infinite Crisis, but Dick ended up getting lots of great stuff. Obviously it is unfortunate that it ended with Ric, a complete flop, but argument could probably be made that he had more good stuff published under Didio than under previous "regimes".

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This is one of those things when fans hear that something bad was in the plans once and they keep thinking that it still might happen or it is just around the corner. Best example of this in comics for me is Nightwing. Didio wanted to kill him in Infinite Crisis, but Dick ended up getting lots of great stuff. Obviously it is unfortunate that it ended with Ric, a complete flop, but argument could probably be made that he had more good stuff published under Didio than under previous "regimes".
    It'd be easier to roll with scrapped bad plans if the stuff that made it to screen was good.

Dick had his tenure as Batman II and Agent 37. Clark hasn't gotten anything that good in the DCEU so far, and apparently ten minutes or whatever of screen time as a plot device in this doesn't sound like it's an improvement, even if the film overall seems more solid than Snyder's last efforts.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Snyder's revised plan for Lois' child:

Darkseid’s invasion, the fall of Earth, and the tragedy’s reversal all happen fairly quickly after the events of *Justice League—*say, within a few months. Long enough for a child to be born shortly thereafter.

This is another major spoiler from the #SnyderCut: “Lois is pregnant at the end of the movie,” Snyder said. The pregnancy test can be seen in her nightstand—with a label from the fictional brand Force Majeure, a French phrase that basically translates to “unforeseeable circumstances.”

Her pregnancy is another storyline Warner Bros. wanted to cut from Snyder’s movie before he left the project originally in 2017, he said. “That was always my hope, but they made me not do it, originally. But I got it in.”

Presumably, this baby was conceived before Superman’s death in Batman v Superman. (They did have that romantic bathtub scene, which may have been more important than viewers realized.)

Remember at the beginning of all this, when Snyder said a new Batman would replace Affleck’s Bruce Wayne? “It was going to be Lois and Superman’s son,” the filmmaker said. “He doesn’t have any powers, and then he was going to end up being the new Batman.”

The Snyderverse would have flash-forwarded to a scene in which Clark Kent and Lois Lane take their now grown son to visit a familiar location. There, they ask him to pick up the crusade of their fallen friend. “Twenty years later, on the anniversary of [Batman’s] death, they take young Bruce Kent down to the Batcave and they say, ‘Your Uncle Bruce would’ve been proud if you did this,’” Snyder said.

“Anyway,” the director added. “Something like that.”

Source: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ding-explained

Lol, considering how bad the new Superman idea is going in the comics, maybe the new Batman would be just a little less stupid.

Nah, its still really really stupid. So tired of these kid ideas.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Snyder's revised plan for Lois' child:

Darkseid’s invasion, the fall of Earth, and the tragedy’s reversal all happen fairly quickly after the events of *Justice League—*say, within a few months. Long enough for a child to be born shortly thereafter.

This is another major spoiler from the #SnyderCut: “Lois is pregnant at the end of the movie,” Snyder said. The pregnancy test can be seen in her nightstand—with a label from the fictional brand Force Majeure, a French phrase that basically translates to “unforeseeable circumstances.”

Her pregnancy is another storyline Warner Bros. wanted to cut from Snyder’s movie before he left the project originally in 2017, he said. “That was always my hope, but they made me not do it, originally. But I got it in.”

Presumably, this baby was conceived before Superman’s death in Batman v Superman. (They did have that romantic bathtub scene, which may have been more important than viewers realized.)

Remember at the beginning of all this, when Snyder said a new Batman would replace Affleck’s Bruce Wayne? “It was going to be Lois and Superman’s son,” the filmmaker said. “He doesn’t have any powers, and then he was going to end up being the new Batman.”

The Snyderverse would have flash-forwarded to a scene in which Clark Kent and Lois Lane take their now grown son to visit a familiar location. There, they ask him to pick up the crusade of their fallen friend. “Twenty years later, on the anniversary of [Batman’s] death, they take young Bruce Kent down to the Batcave and they say, ‘Your Uncle Bruce would’ve been proud if you did this,’” Snyder said.

“Anyway,” the director added. “Something like that.”

Source: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ding-explained
    Well, atleast he got rid of the stupid subplot of loisxbatman, but i still find this all hamfisted batman hype, as far as i'm concerned, there is only one legitimate son of superman they should ever have in cinemas and thats jon, this bruce kent smells like just another piece of pandering to batman's fanbase, besides, wouldn't make sense if rather than becoming batman, they make him nightwing (original silverage superman costume).

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    “When I made the film originally, it was part of a five-part trilogy,” Snyder told Vanity Fair.

I couldn't help but have one of those CinemaSins moments and laugh at this line. At least it could've gotten an easy sponsorship from Fifth-Third Bank.

I'm not sure how that is pandering to Batman's fanbase, Bruce is dead, yay? If anything, it moves Batman below Superman and throws Batfamily away.