Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I have,no comments on the politics.All I am gonna do is wait.Last time I jumped to conclusions.The idea was pretty good.
    Thankfully this idea was scrapped

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

The real takeaway is we now, uh, know what the bottom of this meant.

(Awaiting the "this is feminist because Clark accepts Lois having moved on and respects her reproductive autonomy" takes, which...is true enough in-universe, but...probably wasn't quite at the forefront of Snyder's thought process in putting it together. The "this is pure poetry, the completion of the five-film Superman cycle is him adopting a son of another world as he himself was adopted!" takes on the other hand I don't know that I'll be able to handle. Because Lois needed to sleep with Batman for him to truly BECOME Superman, you see.)
    Buh-bye

Just to be clear, this was an idea Snyder had but did not go through with so the hand wringing over this is yet more mountains out of mole hills. And no, I don't like the idea.

Superman had to 9/11 an entire city, commit genocide on his fellow Kryptonians, get his ass beat by Batman, die, come back, get cucked, and raise his wife’s son, the son of the man who wanted to murder him in cold blood, before he could truly become Superman!

I will forever be furious that one of the greatest All-Star lines was wasted on Hack Snyder and his dumbass hard on for Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Just to be clear, this was an idea Snyder had but did not go through with so the hand wringing over this is yet more mountains out of mole hills. And no, I don't like the idea.
    Fair enough Z, but this is what Snyder wanted to do before they started taking control form him. This WAS the fabled “plan”. That this is what Snyder had planned for Superman is pretty damning evidence that he never cared about the character and does not like him. If he did, then surely he could come up with a better arc than THIS? Clark is barely even an entity in this and he sure as hell doesn’t get any development. He’s just a dumb thug who punches stuff, he spends most of the time mind controlled. He’s neither likable nor relatable, he’s just “there” and no one would come out of this thinking “wow I sure see the appeal of Superman”.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-04-2021 at 09:11 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Thankfully this idea was scrapped
    The unrequited love thing was pretty reasonable.This is leaked right.Is there a confirmation?Not that Snyder wouldn't try to fit in Arthurian legends.Considering,movie ends with superman choosing to be Clark to raise Batman's child.I am ok with that part.But,then Clark getting back together with Lois would be shitty idea.Even yamcha is not written that bad.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This sounds like it would have been pretty bad. The main thrust of the Justice League arc would have been essentially Dark Future Batman, guest-starring the Justice League against Evil Superman over and over again.

What a colossal series of miscalculations on the part of Warner Bros. in regards to their DC characters. They should have just had Snyder doing dark edgy Batman movies and given Superman to someone who actually wanted to tell a story with him. Jenkins's Wonder Woman and Wan's Aquaman are beginning to feel like flukes that ended up being successful despite the behind the scenes idiocy.

The unrequited love thing was pretty reasonable.This is leaked right.Is there a confirmation?Not that Snyder wouldn't try to fit in Arthurian legends.Considering,movie ends with superman choosing to be Clark to raise Batman's child.I am ok with that part.But,then Clark getting back together with Lois would be shitty idea.Even yamcha is not written that bad.
    One thins is being a mentor , another is being a straight up cuck. No f*ck this.

You're probably right, but for many of us, we didn't like a lot of Snyder's direction for Superman, and we feel like we got lucky because it could've been so much worse.

I wasn't excited about the Snyder Cut for various reasons, but this makes me want to see it even less.

BANNED

The bizarre thing is that there's literally no set-up for this in Man of Steel and BVS.

If he had hinted that Superman and Lois had some issues in their relationship or at least one scene between Bruce and Lois which suggested Bruce having a crush on her or something.

Instead Snyder basically decided on this because Lois was the only uterus-bearer among the supporting cast. He figured Batman had to die but there needed to be a successor to Batman and since Lois was a human woman, she fit.

It's kind of shocking because to be honest the Lois/Clark stuff in Man of Steel and BVS were the main redeeming parts of those movies. Snyder was close to torching his last bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Zack Snyder probably intended it as a backhanded tribute to PEARL HARBOR. In that movie Ben Affleck is presumed dead, his girlfriend Kate Beckinsale falls for best friend, becomes pregnant, and then Affleck is alive, and then later on best friend dies, and in epilogue Affleck marries girlfriend and raises her kid with best friend.

In his planned movie, Cavill gets to be Pearl Harbor guy, while Ben Affleck gets to be the sperm-donor.

But yes, this is indeed advanced Batgod wanking.
    I thought about this, too. Also, that got me to think, who in his right mind thinks the movie Pearl Harbor is begging to be commemorated in any way? At least call out a good Affleck movie, like Daredevil or Gigli.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Superman had to 9/11 an entire city, commit genocide on his fellow Kryptonians, get his ass beat by Batman, die, come back, get cucked, and raise his wife’s son, the son of the man who wanted to murder him in cold blood, before he could truly become Superman!

I will forever be furious that one of the greatest All-Star lines was wasted on Hack Snyder and his dumbass hard on for Batman.

Fair enough Z, but this is what Snyder wanted to do before they started taking control form him. This WAS the fabled “plan”. That this is what Snyder had planned for Superman is pretty damning evidence that he never cared about the character and does not like him. If he did, then surely he could come up with a better arc than THIS? Clark is barely even an entity in this and he sure as hell doesn’t get any development. He’s just a dumb thug who punches stuff, he spends most of the time mind controlled. He’s neither likable nor relatable, he’s just “there” and no one would come out of this thinking “wow I sure see the appeal of Superman”.
    Why does everyone always think this is about hating a character. Joe Quesada is a Spider-Man fan and he was the main driving force behind One More Day, arguably the worst Spider-Man story of the 21st Century. Bryan Singer is a Superman fan and he made Superman Returns.

Again, I don't like this idea either but it was not going to go through and using this to judge Snyder's feelings about Superman himself is completely off base.

Why does everyone always think this is about hating a character. Joe Quesada is a Spider-Man fan and he was the main driving force behind One More Day, arguably the worst Spider-Man story of the 21st Century. Bryan Singer is a Superman fan and he made Superman Returns.

Again, I don't like this idea either but it was not going to go through and using this to judge Snyder's feelings about Superman himself is completely off base.
    You might be right but he also has a point. From what we have seen so far indicates that Snyder cares very little of Superman. He literally almost turned him into "My wives son" Superman. Are you kidding me?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

honestly feels like the guy takes cues from Bruce timm
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't think Snyder hates Superman, even after reading this.

I don't think he remotely gets what can make the character great, but I highly doubt this is coming from a place of malice. It's just a very bad story presented by a creator who thought he was making a good one

Hey Siege your pm message is full so I’m posting my reply here to your last message:

I have cancer now from how radioactive dog crap that plan was. Thanks Siege.
    I HAD TO SHARE THE MISERY

So what the hell was all that stupid ass SuperJesus crap for? He does nothing! NOTHING at all to live up to that kind of imagery. God I knew Snyder was just a hack, but Christ I must admit I didn’t think he’d so blatantly throw in Jesus imagery just for “coolzies”. Superman did literally nothing except make the world a worse place, Earth would have been better off if he had died on the way to Krypton. That’s so incredibly f***** up.
    "The Last Supper of the Justice League"

I mean, anyone who knows what my avatar is from can tell I am happy to roll with some pretentious religious imagery.

But I think even Hideaki Anno would be like "dial it back a bit there, bud."

honestly feels like the guy takes cues from Bruce timm
    Agreed, which is why I'll always have a love/hate relationship with the DCAU. Its best stuff is legendary, but it spawned or recycled a handful of terrible ideas that won't seem to die.