Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Last I checked,Geoff Johns was involved with bvs as producer. He was the one who launched the DC film universe with Kevin smith.I don't know if this was before bvs .But, that's what was circulated.maybe I should have put "from what I heard",this time as well.
    Edit-apparently the handwriting is Geoff johns's.
    Wasn't the general consensus of Snyder fans that Geoff Johns sold out Snyder's storyboards to Kevin Feige?
    And that's why Endgame had time travel involved and MCU is totally ripping off DCEU.

I wonder why Geoff Johns would steal his own work and sell it to Kevin Feige.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So it’s just a conspiracy theory based on someone saying the handwriting looks like Johns’? Ok then. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was involved since he was CCO at the time but he clearly would not be the one coming up with this. This story is 100% Snyder’s, if Johns was calling the shots Batman would not be impregnating Lois Lane, it’s insane to think otherwise.
    I think the ideas are from snyder.But,geoff johns and jim lee were there.Jim lee sketched the whole thing.Geoff johns was the consultant like he was for the green lantern movie.This was snyder confirming that the boards where lettered by geoff johns in the vodka stream.This was in 2016.This thing isn't a spoiler and except for broad things here/there.The detail and things have massively changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Wasn't the general consensus of Snyder fans that Geoff Johns sold out Snyder's storyboards to Kevin Feige?
    And that's why Endgame had time travel involved and MCU is totally ripping off DCEU.

There is a lot of **** online.I don't care enough to look.I wouldn't have this as well.I looked this time because I felt i had spread misinformation .I thought your post was regarding my post.That's that.These things i posted are verfiable .Go for it.geoff johns was executive producer of bvs and was part of the launch.Jim lee drew it and snyder says johns lettered it.That's all i have to say.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-05-2021 at 11:52 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

I think the ideas are from snyder.But,geoff johns and jim lee were there.Jim lee sketched the whole thing.Geoff johns was the consultant like he was for the green lantern movie.This was snyder confirming that the boards where lettered by geoff johns in the vodka stream.This was in 2016.This thing isn't a spoiler and except for broad things here/there.This detail and things have massively changed.
    I don't think the story is that drastically changed apart from the whole Lois/Bruce thing.
    Most of the elements are still there.
    Snyder still said on many occasions that Darkseid killing Lois made Superman easily corrupted by the equation,
    and Batman would sacrifice himself at the end of his five films, stopping Lois from getting killed.

The stream for those that are interested.

BANNED

There is a lot of **** online.I don't care enough to look.I wouldn't have this as well.I looked this time because I felt i had spread misinformation .I thought your post was regarding my post.That's that.These things i posted are verfiable .Go for it.geoff johns was executive producer of bvs and was part of the launch.Jim lee drew it and snyder says johns lettered it.That's all i have to say.
    Checked it, and according to the stream,
    the story was still created by Snyder and Terrio,
    the storyboard lettered by Johns, drawn by Jim Lee,
    not sure why some Snyder cultist would claim the story "Written" by Johns.

Checked it, and according to the stream,
    the story was still created by Snyder and Terrio,
    the storyboard lettered by Johns, drawn by Jim Lee,
    not sure why some Snyder cultist would claim the story "Written" by Johns.
    That was what was spread on twitter.No matter what,if people think this to be a bad idea or mother of bad ideas for superman brand.Then you have to acknowledge that these guys don't care enough to voice an objection.Or maybe they can't.Now we know how things like injustice is greenlit And how superman is basically mocked in dcau.
    Granted,i don't know if they did object.The conversations are really not available.If they did,i wonder how they came to an agreement so much so to pitch it to the higher ups.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-06-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Is this what Snyder cultists actually believe?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Snyder’s original story outlines for JL sequel leaked and it turns out the plan was to have Bruce and Lois have a child.

Snyder's plot outlines

Superman would have been a brainwashed tool of Darkseid until the end when Batman sacrifices himself and saves the day.

"Lois mourns Bruce's death. Afterwards Superman looks closer realizing that Lois is carrying Bruce's child. "

Holy crap. This would have been the true death of Superman.
    This stuff is awful and pretentious.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Imagine Snyder cultist this desperate.
    Clearly some Snyder fans claim this was before BvS at which point Geoff Johns wasn't even involved.
    And Snyder himself claimed in the interview that he wanted Lois and Bruce romance but got nixed by WB.
    The thing is, what Zack actually described himself in the interview was that Bruce was going to love Lois from afar and by that driven to bring back Superman for her and for the League. He would've only discussed possibility of normal life with Alfred, saying how Lois made him think that it's possible for him after all this ends. There was no affair or actual interaction between the two. At least from what he actually said. Not those storyboards that turned out to be a collaborative work, not Zack's alone.

“The intention was that Bruce fell in love with Lois and then realized that the only way to save the world was to bring Superman back to life,” says Snyder. “So he had this insane conflict, because Lois, of course, was still in love with Superman. We had this beautiful speech where [Bruce] said to Alfred: ‘I never had a life outside the cave. I never imagined a world for me beyond this. But this woman makes me think that if I can get this group of gods together, then my job is done. I can quit. I can stop.’ And of course that doesn’t work out for him.”
    Last edited by GreatKungLao; 03-06-2021 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    The thing is, what Zack actually described himself in the interview was that Bruce was going to love Lois from afar and by that driven to bring back Superman for her and for the League. He would've only discussed possibility of normal life with Alfred, saying how Lois made him think that it's possible for him after all this ends. There was no affair or actual interaction between the two. At least from what he actually said. Not those storyboards that turned out to be a collaborative work, not Zack's alone.
    So what?bruce wayne is naruto, lois is sakura and superman is sasuke?

That is funny as heck! all that's missing is for batman and superman to start a fight screaming
    "batmaaaan!!!!"
    "Suuuuuupermaann!"

So, if his initial idea was that Bruce's love for Lois was one sided... how did they end up with a baby?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So, if his initial idea was that Bruce's love for Lois was one sided... how did they end up with a baby?
    At one point when Snyder Cut wasn't a thing yet, a fan left a comment to Zack on Vero theorizing that Lois and Clark would conceive a baby on the farm during Superman's amnesia recovering process and in the end when Batman dies, they name their kid Bruce Kent to honor the fallen. Zack replied to theory with approval.

And yes, Snyder Cut is going to have a scene with Clark and Lois inside the house.

Screenshot_20201009-172941.jpg

IMG_20191226_003644.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Seems conveniently to say "written by Johns".
    When Snyder himself claims that "full disclosure, that was lettered by Geoff Johns, it's Johns handwriting, he wrote it down."
    Not that he wrote those stories, but he did work with them, and lettered all those boards.
    And obviously it was drawn by Jim Lee.
    So if we were to criticize the story, we should criticize Johns and Lee, but not Snyder and Terrio.
    So convenient.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    As far as the topic...yeah, this is why I'm adamant WB should have fired Snyder after BvS and never looked back. I'm hoping the Snyder Cut excludes most of this but we really don't know what he filmed and what he's able to edit together. Hollywood is full of movies that were creatively edited to add storylines that were never in scripts.

Interestingly enough, while I've read how poor this makes Superman look and how this feeds into the Bat-God concept...no one has mentioned how terrible Lois is portrayed in this scenario.
    She was a widow, she didn't do anything. If Clark dies or vice versa they're not mandated to remain alone afterwards. But for what it's worth Bruce getting with Lois over Clark ranks pretty low on the BatGod totem pole (not that I'm vying for that to happen mind you) but atleast it's a canonical part of Bruce's character that he's a bit of a Casanova. Bruce beating Clark in a fight makes pretty no sense at all going off what both characters a capable of and is imo a much more egregious example of BatGod pushing.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory