Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I just checked and saw Snyder's JL is sitting at 75% on RT.
    Might be the highest reviewing movie he’s made since Dawn of the Dead which is a rather hilarious capstone to this whole mess. But I don’t know how high the chances are of him continuing. Ray has completely burned his bridges with WB. Affleck seems to want to move on. Cavill and WB are refusing to budge from their positions, and Batman & Superman are already being recasted.

If there is a continuation I’m expecting it through comic book or animated channels which is “whatever” to me. I don’t want to see a continuation of his plans but I also am not excited about what WB’s is planning for the character either. So film side Superman is a toxic mess that I don’t give a damn about either way anymore.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Jeez and to think that this was supposed to be basically how the dc cinematic universe to compete with the MCU was supposed to go, with Bruce Wayne’s illegitimate son raised by Lois as the new Batman. Imagine the weird alternate timeline that must exist out there somewhere.
    The combination of handing the verse over to a guy who has such hatred/disdain and/or lack of understanding for DCs flagship character and not having a programme plan pretty much insured they were never going to be able to compete with the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    You know, I used to think people were being paranoid when they said DC hates Superman but, honestly, there's no other explanation for this other than that. There's no way someone at Warners would have signed off on this if they were taking Superman fans into consideration. Two video games where he's a villain and now this? It's one thing to say Snyder hates Superman, but how many people at Warners would have had to approve this script? Who knows how far up the chain this would have gotten but this proves that Snyder shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Superman.
    Well at the executive level they are suits who know next to nothing about the various IPs at a granular level and only see the broadest of broad strokes. A keen example is Joel Silver and the WW film rights. He acquired them why? Because he wanted to capitalize on the affinity audiences had for Trinity in the Matrix. Do you see the gaping galactic expanse between his understanding and the reality of the characters concept? The two are not remotely similar beyond "girl fight good" and yet he viewed WW as a means to duplicate the success of whatever trend Trinity tapped into.

To fans, this is nothing short of assinine. To studio execs, it is a perfectly logical train of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I just checked and saw Snyder's JL is sitting at 75% on RT.
    Yeah, I avoid RT reviews as a rule.

On the reviews I've seen, its more seriousness, no smiling moments, more grimdark, and a lot of "nothing scenes". The kind where, if you took them out of the film, you would lose nothing of relevance.

BANNED

No one is going to talk on the possible Martha Kent is Martian Manhunter thing lol.. I’d argue that’s more questionable

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, I avoid RT reviews as a rule.

On the reviews I've seen, its more seriousness, no smiling moments, more grimdark, and a lot of "nothing scenes". The kind where, if you took them out of the film, you would lose nothing of relevance.
    I get that there's a lot of fluff on RT, but the site is mostly just an aggregator. I think they put at least some effort to have as diverse of a population of reviewers to poll.

That said, I can't fault you for picking a small handful of reviewers whose opinions you trust. A lot of times I look at RT aggregated scores and am left in shock.

Watched the Snyder Cut, and I have to say, the cuck of steel storyline would (will?) definitelly happen if Snyder get a chance of making the other movies. The movie is just full of clues about it, from pregnancy tests, to longing looks from Bruce to LetoJoker teasing Knightmare Batman about it.

Honesly, if JJ Abrams reboot stop others movie versions of the character getting greenlit, that would be the best. If the Snyder Cut is any indication, we, Superman fans, were spared from years of memes that would make the Martha and Aquaman ones look good spirited.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Watched the Snyder Cut, and I have to say, the cuck of steel storyline would (will?) definitelly happen if Snyder get a chance of making the other movies. The movie is just full of clues about it, from pregnancy tests, to longing looks from Bruce to LetoJoker teasing Knightmare Batman about it.

Honesly, if JJ Abrams reboot stop others movie versions of the character getting greenlit, that would be the best. If the Snyder Cut is any indication, we, Superman fans, were spared from years of memes that would make the Martha and Aquaman ones look good spirited.
    That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That sucks.
    Yes.
    But Maybe the Snyder Cut is better than what I found it to be? Honestly I watched it more for Superman than anything else, and he is barely in the movie, and if he have more than 5 line than he had on the 2017 version I would be surprised. It's possible the fans of the rest of the League will love the movie.

I made a comparison between the Snyder Cut trailers and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier trailer, about how TFATWS trailers made the emotion of losing Steve more real than Superman's on the Snyder Cut trailers, and I got to say, the full movie still don't make the importance and presence of Superman be as powerful as Captain America was in the trailers.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't think you guys have anything to worry about in regards to the Snyder Cut. Superman comes off just fine in it, despite it hinting at the Superman being possessed by the Anti-Life Equation after Lois is murdered nonsense. Absolutely none of the Lois getting pregnant stuff is there. That was nixed by Johns before this even started shooting.

Anyone who knows me should understand by now that I loves me some bright, sunny, optimistic Superman. Trust me when I say that he comes off just fine here as long as the very concept of a theoretical sequel that will never happen doesn't get set you off. If you ignore that, or rolled your eyes at it, as I did, the rest is great. Amy Adams, Diane Lane, and Henry Cavill each do great work here.

I would suggest watching it with an open-mind, if you are interested, and try to ignore the reductive toxic and largely pointless debates surrounding Snyder's interpretation of Superman and simply judge it for what it is, rather than what you want it to be. Because the Superman stuff in here is pretty wonderful in this film if you ignore the brief hints at the Evil Superman-focused sequel--which, again, isn't happening.

I think you're overthinking it. I saw none of that. What pregnancy tests? What longing looks?

The original idea was that Bruce would fall in love with Lois while she was still mourning Clark. Since Clark returns in this film, there's no way for that to happen now because it was rightfully shot down before the film even started shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't think you guys have anything to worry about in regards to the Snyder Cut. Superman comes off just fine in it, despite it hinting at the Superman being possessed by the Anti-Life Equation after Lois is murdered nonsense. Absolutely none of the Lois getting pregnant stuff is there. That was nixed by Johns before this even started shooting.

Anyone who knows me should understand by now that I loves me some bright, sunny, optimistic Superman. Trust me when I say that he comes off just fine here as long as the very concept of a theoretical sequel that will never happen doesn't get set you off. If you ignore that, or rolled your eyes at it, as I did, the rest is great. Amy Adams, Diane Lane, and Henry Cavill each do great work here.

I would suggest watching it with an open-mind, if you are interested, and try to ignore the reductive toxic and largely pointless debates surrounding Snyder's interpretation of Superman and simply judge it for what it is, rather than what you want it to be. Because the Superman stuff in here is pretty wonderful in this film if you ignore the brief hints at the Evil Superman-focused sequel--which, again, isn't happening.
    If enough people view it though it will happen. No offense Bored but I think you’re being naive about all this. Against all odds Snyder
    -Got this thing made
    -It reviewed well, his first fresh movie in ages
    -Is only going to embolden his fanbase to demand more hence the #RestoreTheSnyderverse hashtag
    There absolutely is a chance now that they could give him a sequel. So no thanks, I won’t be watching. If you like what he’s done cool, but if you don’t want more evil Superman you shouldn’t be giving this views.

Yeah Snyder never realized “woah this is a stupid ******* idea, I shouldn’t do this.” WB told him no and squashed it. If he gets full control again he absolutely will do it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Because nobody had ever had a stupid idea and moved on from it when it was explained to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If enough people view it though it will happen. No offense Bored but I think you’re being naive about all this. Against all odds Snyder
    -Got this thing made
    -It reviewed well, his first fresh movie in ages
    -Is only going to embolden his fanbase to demand more hence the #RestoreTheSnyderverse hashtag
    There absolutely is a chance now that they could give him a sequel. So no thanks, I won’t be watching. If you like what he’s done cool, but if you don’t want more evil Superman you shouldn’t be giving this views.
    So, I assume you won't be watching Superman & Lois, who are also doing Evil Superman?

Believe me, I am just as tired of Evil Superman as everyone else. If Snyder's films aren't your bag, then you absolutely shouldn't watch this 4 hour movie. However, if you liked some of what Snyder did with MoS and/or BvS, this is well worth a watch. The pitifully small number of views it's going to get from the people on this message board won't make one lick of difference in regards to whether or not Snyder gets another film, which is extremely unlikely as the head of DC films has outright said he's not interested.

The reviews for this film aren't good enough that anyone's changing their minds about Snyder's films. They're still divisive and will continue to be for the foreseeable future and WB aren't interested in gambling more money on Snyder when reboots are cheaper and will generate the same buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Because nobody had ever had a stupid idea and moved on from it when it was explained to him.
    Snyder doubled down on his dumb ideas from MoS in BvS. And he never said he thought the storyboards were bad or dumb in any way, just that WB crushed his plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    So, I assume you won't be watching Superman & Lois, who are also doing Evil Superman?
    Hah! Well played. But at least there it’s not going to be the overwhelming main focus of the show as opposed to the Snyderverse where we’ll spend more time with evil Superman than we would with a heroic one. And Hoechlin is at least a character and not a Jesus cipher.
    Believe me, I am just as tired of Evil Superman as everyone else. If Snyder's films aren't your bag, then you absolutely shouldn't watch this 4 hour movie. However, if you liked some of what Snyder did with MoS and/or BvS, this is well worth a watch. The pitifully small number of views it's going to get from the people on this message board won't make one lick of difference in regards to whether or not Snyder gets another film, which is extremely unlikely as the head of DC films has outright said he's not interested.

The reviews for this film aren't good enough that anyone's changing their minds about Snyder's films. They're still divisive and will continue to be for the foreseeable future and WB aren't interested in gambling more money on Snyder when reboots are cheaper and will generate the same buzz.
    Guess we’ll see. Honestly I think Ray Fisher’s feud with Hamada more than anything is what’s ensuring this is the end of Snyder’s days as handling DC. That and I guess Cavill refusing to appear in anything unless they give him what he wants. But make no mistake: There’s zero guarantee Snyder won’t get more anymore.