Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You all realize Morrison also has a huge Bat boner too, right?
    You can in fact like Superman and like Batman at the same time, that can happen. It happened with Morrison.

It also happened with Mort Weisinger, who on becoming editor of Superman said that he liked Batman comics more than Superman and found the character more balanced with interesting rogues than Supes. Does that mean Mort Weisinger is some hack who hated Superman and who didn't get the character?

Morrison's run on Batman tried to make Batman more like his silver age self. He said that Batman worked as an over-the-top adventurer fighting weird threats otherwise he becomes a "rich guy beating up the poor" so he wasn't a glorifier of the uber-badass Batman necessarily. Morrison said that the favorite part of his run was "Batman and Son" where Dick Grayson became Batman and Damian became Robin, and Dick's Batman became the optimistic foil to the cynical sidekick inverting the usual dynamic. And in FINAL CRISIS, Superman defeats Darkseid while Batman gets killed/transported through time, rather the opposite of ZS' vision for how the conflict with Darkseid would have played out.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

You all realize Morrison also has a huge Bat boner too, right?

All his best Superman stories exist in a vacuum away from Bruce. I have no doubt Morrison would Batgod wank hard.

It'd just be good Batwank that we'd begrudgingly call dope. lol
    Morrison is one of the few creators who has expressed a clear preference for Batman but also clearly loves Superman and would probably wank them both. We'd be in VERY good hands with them as far as those two were concerned. It sucks that the one we got some input from was Johns, who doesn't have the best track record with the Trinity. At this point, I'd probably give Morrison the advantage as far as Hal Jordan goes as well.

Wonder Woman would be the one I'd be concerned with as far as Morrison goes considering how inconsistent they are with her and her world. Though the last Earth One book was a big improvement.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I thought he was pretty even with the two in his JLA. Hilariously it’s Waid who really created the “preptime” meme. I wonder how he feels about that?
    Absolutely. I bet Waid regrets it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Morrison is one of the few creators who has expressed a clear preference for Batman but also clearly loves Superman and would probably wank them both. We'd be in VERY good hands with them as far as those two were concerned. It sucks that the one we got some input from was Johns, who doesn't have the best track record with the Trinity. At this point, I'd probably give Morrison the advantage as far as Hal Jordan goes as well.

Wonder Woman would be the one I'd be concerned with as far as Morrison goes considering how inconsistent they are with her and her world. Though the last Earth One book was a big improvement.
    I really like both characters too, but I keep seeing Morrison brought up when claims that Snyder simps hard for Bruce and it's always been evident that Morrison adores Batman and has stated to prefer him. You would still get Batwank, it'd just be quality and alongside Superwank.

But it's not like Morrison wouldn't center a lot of the plot on Batman and put him on a pedestal.

BANNED

About the only major creator who prefers Superman over Batman is Alan Moore. The few times Moore showed Batman, he either did stories from the villain's POV or had Batman lose handily to Swamp Thing in a fight, or basically ogle Wonder Woman, lol, and flounder ineffectually until Robin saves the day and defeats Mongul.

Superman though was always treated with respect.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I really like both characters too, but I keep seeing Morrison brought up when claims that Snyder simps hard for Bruce and it's always been evident that Morrison adores Batman and has stated to prefer him. You would still get Batwank, it'd just be quality and alongside Superwank..
    I mean, Jesus, I'd still take it in a heartbeat at this point

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I mean, Jesus, I'd still take it in a heartbeat at this point
    Never said I wouldn't either.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I'm just commenting on how ridiculous/hilarious it is that Bruce is the important human component of a child conceived and carried by Lois. That's like sexism to the point of parody.
    I am just having fun myself.I mean, it's like godfather.Many a times, a godfather is more important than parent.i would know I was taken in by one.this one would be very dead.i don't see the sexism.Just because the kid is Lois's. does that mean a guy can't have the kid be batman?His entire thing is combining the batman and superman.have them perform a fusion dance.Believe me, Lois's son could become the struggler that is batman.And believe me,I don't see Clark's son ever being that.He would probably be ”there is a reason for you being here”.Lois's son would probably say ”screw that,I make my own reason for being here".
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    About the only major creator who prefers Superman over Batman is Alan Moore. The few times Moore showed Batman, he either did stories from the villain's POV or had Batman lose handily to Swamp Thing in a fight, or basically ogle Wonder Woman, lol, and flounder ineffectually until Robin saves the day and defeats Mongul.

Superman though was always treated with respect.
    Anyone who understands history of these characters would prefer superman over batman.anyone who goes by perception wouldn't.As for Morrison,he prefers batman for obvious reasons.But he considers superman an authority that works.Superman the god that wouldn't let you down.Others aren't very keen on that idea.I am not either.He is far better than most
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-19-2021 at 09:37 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I thought he was pretty even with the two in his JLA. Hilariously it’s Waid who really created the “preptime” meme. I wonder how he feels about that?
    Given Waid's role in pushing "Warrior Woman" with Kingdom Come and what I'm hearing about the Snyder Cut, not feeling exactly sympathetic to Waid right now.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-19-2021 at 09:19 PM.

There is a seen where Lois Lane opens a drawer and the camera more or less highlights a pregnancy test. Lois Lane is pregnant, the question is...who is the father? Batman, Superman...Martian Manhunter???
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Given Waid's role in pushing "Warrior Woman" with Kingdom Come and what I'm hearing about the Snyder Cut, not feeling exactly sympathetic to Waid right now.
    If it’s any comfort, Waid thinks he did a bad job with Diana in KC too, and he f****** hates Snyder’s take on Superman, so the DCEU is pure agony for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    There is a seen where Lois Lane opens a drawer and the camera more or less highlights a pregnancy test. Lois Lane is pregnant, the question is...who is the father? Batman, Superman...Martian Manhunter???
    Martian Manhunter disguised as Batman pretending to be Superman obviously.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I will say I'm mad about that first Martian Manhunter scene. It's such a wonderful scene between two women, one of which got done dirty until now (Martha). Diane Lane proved she absolutely could be the best adapted Martha Kent we've ever had and then it's taken away because it's not even Martha, just J'onn pretending to be the Martha we've all come to know and love.

And it's pretty much the only scene in which two female characters interact in a significant manner. Real shame.

I will say I'm mad about that first Martian Manhunter scene. It's such a wonderful scene between two women, one of which got done dirty until now (Martha). Diane Lane proved she absolutely could be the best adapted Martha Kent we've ever had and then it's taken away because it's not even Martha, just J'onn pretending to be the Martha we've all come to know and love.

And it's pretty much the only scene in which two female characters interact in a significant manner. Real shame.
    Oh yeah, it was really strange, the people who saw the film with me were scratching their heads along with me.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah!I agree.it felt like an addage.heck!the entire Martian man hunter thing is tacked on.On the other hand,there is foreshadowing of the martian being actively trying to guide Lois and Clark from mos itself.Also,I believe bvs has martha giving Lois the ring.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah!I agree.it felt like an addage.heck!the entire Martian man hunter thing is tacked on.On the other hand,there is foreshadowing of the martian being actively trying to guide Lois and Clark from mos itself.Also,I believe bvs has martha giving Lois the ring.
    J'onn adds nothing to the film. It's stronger without him. Real shame.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Zack Snyder confirmed Clark is the father and Lois also carries bassinet to the farmhouse in the end. That's what Bruce congratulates Clark with.