Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Fans noticed that the baby bassinet was changed with a box in the theatrical release of JL:

Via: https://twitter.com/sergioees/status...70866003296265

Cavill Superman should be raising a 4/5 years old batkid by now, while being still childless in the main DCEU cuz the "multiverse!".

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    J'onn adds nothing to the film. It's stronger without him. Real shame.
    Judging by his face he knows all too well what grief is. He lost his wife and kids and the entire race. He is the last son of Mars. I think he kinda understood what Lois was going through and wanted to help (because he is a good person also), so he came as Martha because Swanwick is not Lois' friend, but Martha she would listen. This scene well establishes what kind of person this version of MMH is.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    And, even if they were willing, would the studio be able to afford them? Gadot and Mamoa are no doubt more expensive than they were before and their contracts for Justice League Part 2 have lapsed by now. And then Cavill's a whole other issue, as he doesn't want to return unless he gets a full-blown Superman sequel he has some degree of creative control over, which WB absolutely won't give him.

Once you add the Fisher/Hamada stuff on top of all that, the idea that Zack Snyder is going to make a sequel to this just because a bunch of people watched it on 3rd place streaming service is too ridiculous to consider a serious possibility...but, then again, Hollywood be crazy
    If Snyder's JL results in a significant uptake in HBO's subs then he'll likely get to expand his snyderverse on HbO.

The main reason why AT&T acquired WB/DC and ponied up 70 mil to complete ZJL was for IP & material to boost their streaming service not to make movies or publish comics.

If they were willing to sink so much money into a project that everyone [aside from diehard fans] had written off as dead then everything going forward is less of a gamble

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Judging by his face he knows all too well what grief is. He lost his wife and kids and the entire race. He is the last son of Mars. I think he kinda understood what Lois was going through and wanted to help (because he is a good person also), so he came as Martha because Swanwick is not Lois' friend, but Martha she would listen. This scene well establishes what kind of person this version of MMH is.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    If Snyder's JL results in a significant uptake in HBO's subs then he'll likely get to expand his snyderverse on HbO.

The main reason why AT&T acquired WB/DC and ponied up 70 mil to complete ZJL was for IP & material to boost their streaming service not to make movies or publish comics.

If they were willing to sink so much money into a project that everyone [aside from diehard fans] had written off as dead then everything going forward is less of a gamble
    I'm now wondering where MM could show up next.

I mentioned Morrison because is is overall wayyyyyyy better story teller than Zack"the hack" Snyder. And it doesn't have to be just him we could have gotten Rucka, Johns from the beggining to brainstorm and map out the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    J'onn adds nothing to the film. It's stronger without him. Real shame.
    And his design needed some work too.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am just having fun myself.I mean, it's like godfather.Many a times, a godfather is more important than parent.i would know I was taken in by one.this one would be very dead.i don't see the sexism.Just because the kid is Lois's. does that mean a guy can't have the kid be batman?His entire thing is combining the batman and superman.have them perform a fusion dance.Believe me, Lois's son could become the struggler that is batman.And believe me,I don't see Clark's son ever being that.He would probably be ”there is a reason for you being here”.Lois's son would probably say ”screw that,I make my own reason for being here".
    First, off that's very cool that your godfather did that for you! Here, godfather (unless we're talking in the mafia sense, lol) isn't quite as big of a role. It can be, certainly, but generally isn't.

But the idea is hilariously sexist because Superman and Batman are made the important parts of a child that's Superman & Lois's - which carries the suggestion that her only worth in the mix is her womb, all for symbolism.

I'm working on new music today (FINALLY! YAAAY!) but I'm planning to finally take 1/4th of my day and watch this. Like I said, I do hope I enjoy it, though it looks like Snyder's fans are and that's the important part in this.
    Last edited by JAK; 03-20-2021 at 10:58 AM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Honestly they could have adapted Morrison's New52 Action Comic,
    it's something that could make Clark Kent seem cool to the general public.
    I mean, Man of Steel essentially borrowed heavily from Superman Earth One.
    I'm really glad they didn't, in retrospect. Hate to imagine the hackjob that would have been done to it. Without WB suits interfering, a different director and some insight from Morrison himself? It'd be the best Superman movie since the original. But not as things are currently constructed.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm really glad they didn't, in retrospect. Hate to imagine the hackjob that would have been done to it. Without WB suits interfering, a different director and some insight from Morrison himself? It'd be the best Superman movie since the original. But not as things are currently constructed.
    Basically you are saying that in a completely different timeline we would have good Superman movies and good Superman comic books, with good directors, good writers and good artists, OK; but that's too easy
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    First, off that's very cool that your godfather did that for you! Here, godfather (unless we're talking in the mafia sense, lol) isn't quite as big of a role. It can be, certainly, but generally isn't.

But the idea is hilariously sexist because Superman and Batman are made the important parts of a child that's Superman & Lois's - which carries the suggestion that her only worth in the mix is her womb, all for symbolism.

I'm working on new music today (FINALLY! YAAAY!) but I'm planning to finally take 1/4th of my day and watch this. Like I said, I do hope I enjoy it, though it looks like Snyder's fans are and that's the important part in this.
    It depends on how they go on about portraying it.I mean,as said clark's son alone in my mind wouldn't be able to be batman.Unless,the apple falls far from trees.Snyder is specifically saying the kid is human.Unlike jon,the kid very well be known as batman because he is lois's son.Not,because he is clark's son.I am not saying the son won't have certain qualities of clark.But,it's generaly about making the kid the "embodying the best of both world".
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-22-2021 at 02:57 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Definitely want to be clear that my personal disagreement with some of Snyder’s creative choices should not be construed as personal dislike for the man. On the contrary, I think he seems like a genuine and kind person and I think it speaks volumes that so many people who work with him praise how comfortable he makes them on set. I genuinely think a lot of the critique aimed at Snyder has been overly personal and cruel in many respects especially after the tragic death of his daughter.

I don’t like everything about ZSJL but I do like Zack himself.
    I'm of the same mind. The vitriol that I see thrown Snyder's way never feels earned. He might not be making choices I would, but people's attempts to paint him as some hack who doesn't know what he's doing never made any sense to me. I suppose a lot of it is a by product of Snyder's more over-zealous fans, who haven't exactly endeared themselves with their obsessive devotion to Snyder's films, but that doesn't mean Snyder himself is responsible for their actions. I mean, I don't blame J.J. Abrams for the alt-right trolls who hated The Last Jedi. That doesn't mean I liked Rise of Skywalker, though

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

Crazier stuff has happened, sure, but I can't imagine either Fisher or Hamada blinking in their particular online staring contest.

Ultimate Member

Crazier stuff has happened, sure, but I can't imagine either Fisher or Hamada blinking in their particular online staring contest.
    Could depend on whether WB does something

Assuming that ATT is interested in more Snyder then the questions is... is it JL2 or something else? Everyone is expecting that, but maybe ATT wants to go with smaller budget first and test the waters a bit more? As I understand, chronologically Batman vs Deathstroke should happen before JL2. Can easily add some more "visions" to that movie to keep it connected to JL2 and maybe by then Fisher/Hamada situation is resolved one way or another.

BANNED

At best they might greenlight a HBO Max miniseries on the order of "The Peacemaker" where Zack Snyder gets to explore the Knightmare timeline. Obviously Snyder's excited and wants to do more of that, so maybe they put money for an animation series overseen by Snyder in the manner of "Guardians of Ga'Hoole" and have the actors voice the part. Call it Zack Snyder's Knightmare.