Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Means to an end? A high profile job adjacent to something he'd rather be doing?

As others say, we can't prove what was in his head or heart, but the DCEU isn't exactly damning proof that he had a great vision for Superman independent of other DC heroes.
    In addendum to this, he could have very well thought "Superman is a flat, boring character but I can fix him."

Think about the Hawks. Everyone wants a shot at fixing that mess even if they don't love the Hawks.

I'm not saying he doesn't like Clark, but I don't buy that he's his favorite.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Who would've ever thought that deep down Snyder was a Silver-Age fanboy: 😜

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Means to an end? A high profile job adjacent to something he'd rather be doing?

As others say, we can't prove what was in his head or heart, but the DCEU isn't exactly damning proof that he had a great vision for Superman.
    That's true,we don't know.But,These guys don't need to research their paychecks are guarnteed with pitch landing, after that success of the movie(which snyder had none of).Donner is the only other man who did his research with superman.Singer didn't.his takes are directly based on just max fleischer cartoons and donner movie.Heck! i don't even think singer ever realised that fliescher did go for the working class guy,but it was more in consumable way for mass audiences.Even christopher nolan didn't much.He had consultants.He might have read "greatest hits of batman" like long halloween or something like that.What he did was present a vigilante with a bit of an anarchist leaning like zorro (in a heroic fashion.i might add for a change) on screen with bit of scifi tech(specifically scifi,scifi in general is more grounded.Superman is pure fantasy,unless it's something like the take where he leaps some distance).
    More importantly,it's easy to make batman.He's just a noir detective character.Superman would have been that easy as well.He's just an action character.Yet,he ain't.why? i don't know.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-05-2021 at 03:38 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Well we finally have the smoking gun showing us that the whole 5 arc film was superman developing into the hero he was destined to be was a bunch of bull. Much like how martian manhunter was always planned. That after all the criticism that only then did he decide to change his plans from this mess.

Honestly imagine the flack that would have taken place if this travesty actually went ahead? I mean if "martha" was made into a meme then superman getting cucked sure as day follows night would. They'd change his name to "simpman" and "the "S" stands for simping".

It just shines through how much Zack wanted to play with batman and his toys rather then any other members of the justice league baring cyborg and the flash and even then I'm pretty sure they would turn into his sidekicks.

I just can't wait until this is over so we can finally move on from this mess and get on with our lives and possibly even see about a potential of a justice league film helmed by a director that actually cares about the characters rather then his interpretation of the characters.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

...oh.
    Buh-bye

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post

...oh.
    Yep, even Snyder said in a recent podcast that this Alfred's line refers to Lois.

In BvS, there's also Superman being angry at Batman in the Knightmare vision telling him "You took her away from me"
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-05-2021 at 04:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yep, even Snyder said in a recent podcast that this Alfred's line refers to Lois.

There's also Superman being angry at Batman in the Knightmare vision telling him "You took her away from me"
    It's like bad poetry, it rhymes badly.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

...oh.
    *screaming internally*

...oh.
    Irons was always in a better movie in his head.

Mighty Member

Wow.... Is Snyder secretly Lex Luthor? Can anyone verify?

...oh.
    Bruce Wayne and honest women? Pfft .

Astonishing Member

It's very allegorical. Superman in this case would be Joseph, Batman would be God, Lois would be Mary and Bruce Kent would be Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It's very allegorical. Superman in this case would be Joseph, Batman would be God, Lois would be Mary and Bruce Kent would be Jesus.
    For some reason Joker is Jesus, and I don't understand that either.

BANNED

snyder fans keep saying he's a superman fan, let's see.
    1: superman takes a beating from batman.
    2: lois falls in love and gets pregnant with batman.
    3: lois returns with superman because he needs her more (sorry, she is still in love with batman).
    4: superman is the great villain of history, batman the hero.
    5: superman forgives lois and raises the son who is proof of lois' infidelity with the man who humiliated him in every way.
    I think it's very clear that snyder hates superman, the only reason he speaks so highly of superman is because of his work, he can't go out and say that superman sucks.

...oh.
    Supercuck was built in from the start. God these movies are such dog****
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/