Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

So Circe would be what would what happens if Diana and the Amazons ever decided to use their powers against humanity and sought out war and conflict instead of peace and love?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So Circe would be what would what happens if Diana and the Amazons ever decided to use their powers against humanity and sought out war and conflict instead of peace and love?
    I think it's simpler, than that, John.

I think Circe wants to use black magic to subjugate and terrorize all of us, the way her Greek hero husband subjugated her, with his abuse. For Circe, celebrated by the ancient world, for her healing arts and oracular gifts, ..this was the ultimate betrayal. I don't think the JLD story made it clear, exactly how she planned to do that - earthquakes, mass transmutation, money, mass mind-control, etc - but, that's how it was portrayed, in the story, basically.

The challenge for writers, now, is to smooth down and refine those nebulous edges. The challenge is to keep her villainous motivation clear, while building on her methods...the wondrous how. Is there an Anti-life Equation for Circe - a specific thing that she wants (bigger plasma screen TV set, etc)? Writers have to figure out what a world, conquered by Circe, looks like, ..because this is what Wonder Woman is fighting to protect us from. It's a very important thing, ..because the prevention of this ominous outcome is what justifies Wonder Woman's existence.

There hasn't been a single Wonder Woman story that has accomplished that. There hasn't been a single Wonder Woman story that offers Wonder Woman, as being uniquely suited for some potentially world-altering battle, with an evil-doer. Not even that tussle, with Medusa, made it clear what Medusa had to gain from turning every living human being to stone - so, what was that about, really? For this reason, Wonder Woman and her rogues, even with all of their earth-shaking power, continue to be virtually inconsequential. For this reason, there is no DKR on the horizon, for WW fans.

The challenge, going forward, will be establishing what makes Circe, so special, ..and what makes her enmity with Wonder Woman, something I should put down my Avengers, to follow.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-27-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!