Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Goosebumps TV Show

https://screenrant.com/goosebumps-sh...ctor-rl-stine/

I loved the show and books so can't wait for this!
    Last edited by choptop; 05-11-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Cool, I loved the books and the show back when I was a kid. Even liked that movie a few years back with Jack Black, although I hope the series is more like the former than the later.

Astonishing Member

Loved the original. It still holds a degree of nostalgia for me. However, apart from a few episodes, most of it doesn't hold up well. I wonder if this will be a straight reboot or maybe a continuation? Will it be anthology like the original or adopt a overarching narrative like the recent books?

It really Depends on the platform/network. I want a show that can go full on with the horror (The Haunted Mask barely got past the censors and the production team originally wanted it to be more gruesome!).

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Cool, I loved the books and the show back when I was a kid. Even liked that movie a few years back with Jack Black, although I hope the series is more like the former than the later.
    Ya I hope they continue to adapt the books I think they still have a ton of books they never got around to doing like night of the living dummy part 1.

If every episode is a book, I'd be down with that. Longform episodes 45-55-60 minutes, short seasons. I would like that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If every episode is a book, I'd be down with that. Longform episodes 45-55-60 minutes, short seasons. I would like that.
    Doubtful - most kids programming is still in the half hour commercials included slots, so 22-ish minutes per episode, each episode a book, just like the original series is most likely...

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Loved the original. It still holds a degree of nostalgia for me. However, apart from a few episodes, most of it doesn't hold up well. I wonder if this will be a straight reboot or maybe a continuation? Will it be anthology like the original or adopt a overarching narrative like the recent books?

It really Depends on the platform/network. I want a show that can go full on with the horror (The Haunted Mask barely got past the censors and the production team originally wanted it to be more gruesome!).
    I think the show holds up really good at least for a kid's show the FX are outdated of course but story acting and monsters still look great.

So ... Disney trying their hand at Stranger Things? Goonies?

EDIT: Oh $#!+ Disney owns Goonies and is doing a remake reboot series of it??
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So ... Disney trying their hand at Stranger Things? Goonies?

EDIT: Oh $#!+ Disney owns Goonies and is doing a remake reboot series of it??
    ...why do you think this is related to the Goonies at all???

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...why do you think this is related to the Goonies at all???
    Because it looks and sounds like the premise of Goonies?