Cool, I loved the books and the show back when I was a kid. Even liked that movie a few years back with Jack Black, although I hope the series is more like the former than the later.

Mighty Member

Loved the original. It still holds a degree of nostalgia for me. However, apart from a few episodes, most of it doesn't hold up well. I wonder if this will be a straight reboot or maybe a continuation? Will it be anthology like the original or adopt a overarching narrative like the recent books?

It really Depends on the platform/network. I want a show that can go full on with the horror (The Haunted Mask barely got past the censors and the production team originally wanted it to be more gruesome!).

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Cool, I loved the books and the show back when I was a kid. Even liked that movie a few years back with Jack Black, although I hope the series is more like the former than the later.
    Ya I hope they continue to adapt the books I think they still have a ton of books they never got around to doing like night of the living dummy part 1.

If every episode is a book, I'd be down with that. Longform episodes 45-55-60 minutes, short seasons. I would like that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If every episode is a book, I'd be down with that. Longform episodes 45-55-60 minutes, short seasons. I would like that.
    Doubtful - most kids programming is still in the half hour commercials included slots, so 22-ish minutes per episode, each episode a book, just like the original series is most likely...