Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I cant believe they did that!

What are some actors that when you saw them in a certain role could not believe it. maybe something goofy, or a great actor doing some thing so bad, or a bad actor doing something really great?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Airplane was full of 'usually serious' actors playing straight-faced comedy or at least playing a character against the norm for them.

But out of all of them, Barbara Billingsly, known for straight-laced mom June Cleaver on Leave It To Beaver, playing the Jive Lady was the best for me. She was incredible and I still laugh my head off whenever I see her in that film.

DeNiro in "Bullwinkle." (not in a good way)

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

kelsey grammer in "an american carol" and "money plane" was pretty bad

I read Gary Oldman played a dwarf in some movie. That can not have been good.

Speaking of Oldman, Keanu Reeves as Jonathan Harker was pretty awful.

Denise Richards was in no way believable as a nuclear physicist in a Bond movie. Though oddly, I bought her as a space pilot in Starship Troopers.

—————

On the good side, Tiny Lister as The President in The Fifth Element was inspired casting.

Michael Keaton as Batman blew up the internet before there even was an internet, but hew was great.

Speaking of Batman, Heath Ledger as Joker? Yeah there were doubters.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I read Gary Oldman played a dwarf in some movie. That can not have been good.
    It was in the 2003 Romantic comedy Tiptoes. It also had Peter Dinklage as a French Communist. It went as well as you would think it would.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

I call it phoning in the performance than straight up bad. There is a reason Harison Ford wanted Han Solo to be killed of in return of the jedi. He was so not really there in the Disney new films, His appearance in the Rise of Skywalker was pretty terrible.

Sylvester Stallone. Rocky. ALL OF EM.

Rambo, I'm rockin. Demolition Man, 2 tickets please. Oscar, OK why not. As a boxer though, to cut threw Lundgren, Mr. T and Carl Weathers twice GTFOH!! Even as a movie I've always struggled with it. Out of ring scenes 1,000% but as soon as scenes start in ring my disbelief suspension starts leaking fluid like you wouldn't beleive. Like one shouldn't believe. For scale, even DeNiro in Raging Bull when it's time to box is kind of a leap for me but between Marty's direction and DeNiro's weight its less of a leap.

I get it. If a larger more convincing actor is in the role maybe this isn't a 40 year franchise.

I get it, to Italians he's Black Panther and still. It's always been a lot.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Everybody in Movie 43. Turrible...lol

Eisenberg as Luthor, worst...casting...ever!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It was in the 2003 Romantic comedy Tiptoes. It also had Peter Dinklage as a French Communist. It went as well as you would think it would.
    Wow, how have I never heard of this movie?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Wow, how have I never heard of this movie?!?
    Im pretty sure even the cast want to forget this movie lol. So its no wonder not many people remember/heard about it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Rambo, I'm rockin. Demolition Man, 2 tickets please. Oscar, OK why not. As a boxer though, to cut threw Lundgren, Mr. T and Carl Weathers twice GTFOH!! Even as a movie I've always struggled with it. Out of ring scenes 1,000% but as soon as scenes start in ring my disbelief suspension starts leaking fluid like you wouldn't beleive. Like one shouldn't believe. For scale, even DeNiro in Raging Bull when it's time to box is kind of a leap for me but between Marty's direction and DeNiro's weight its less of a leap.

I get it. If a larger more convincing actor is in the role maybe this isn't a 40 year franchise.

I get it, to Italians he's Black Panther and still. It's always been a lot.
    My blood boils when the music hit and Rocky starts to fight. So, I love it...

I can't believe when Batista got beaten by a slim average guy at the end of House of the rising sun...unbelieveble stupid. Dave Bautista 300 Pound muscle and the other one...oh well...stupid movie anyway but that was too much.

Ryan Reynolds in Wolverine as Deadpool. He made up for it in Deadpool and Deadpool 2 and it wasn't his fault, but damn who was responsible for that ****. I am still looking for the guy who green lit the monster Deadpool character.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Rambo, I'm rockin. Demolition Man, 2 tickets please. Oscar, OK why not. As a boxer though, to cut threw Lundgren, Mr. T and Carl Weathers twice GTFOH!! Even as a movie I've always struggled with it...
    Jackie Chan was offered the role opposite Stallone in Demolition Man but he turned it down because he refused to be cast as a "bad-guy". I can't imagine saying no to Stallone in the 90's when he was still a highly bankable star.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Jackie Chan was offered the role opposite Stallone in Demolition Man but he turned it down because he refused to be cast as a "bad-guy". I can't imagine saying no to Stallone in the 90's when he was still a highly bankable star.
    Well, Jackie Chan was just as, if not more so, bankable as Stallone in the 90s. Anyway;

These two very white people were supposed to be cast as these two;

Yeah... That was just the tip of the iceberg. Noah Ringer, the kid that played Aang, was also incredibly white. But he at least looked like Aang. And apparently, when not on camera (directed by M. Knight) he also acted a lot like Aang would. On camera, well, not so much.