Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Scarlet Witch (mcu) vs Captain Marvel (mcu)

That’s right.

Can Wanda bring down Carol?

No, because Wanda's still a glass canon.

It’s basically a quickdraw.

If Wanda can act, yes. If not, Carol tears through her like tissue paper.

*IF* Wanda can act, she basically takes down anyone in the MCU who isn't a cosmic. Yes, she's that strong now.

But Carol still outspeeds her by a considerable margin. It'll never get to that point.

Carol has insane travel speed, but does that also give her insane reaction speed? Can carol simply *think* faster then wanda to?

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Carol has insane travel speed, but does that also give her insane reaction speed? Can carol simply *think* faster then wanda to?
    Wanda doesn't attack by thinking, she still has to do hand motions, and for the big ticket items, chargeup and spells.

While Carol does dogfights in space with alien Kree spaceships and generally just has to point and click. Carol will win the quickdraw.

Any one of these quick blasts will outright kill Wanda. It will take much more time for Wanda to pull something that will take down Carol in turn (although its well within her feats to outright one-shot her with the bigger stuff).
    Last edited by Twickster; 03-05-2021 at 09:08 AM.

In her fight with agatha where she throws a projectile towards wanda and her family she pops up that shield pretty quick while it already was on it’s way. She doesnt really need “hand gestures” anymore it seems. They look more like hand flicks or hand raising at best these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    In her fight with agatha where she throws a projectile towards wanda and her family she pops up that shield pretty quick while it already was on it’s way. She doesnt really need “hand gestures” anymore it seems. They look more like hand flicks or hand raising at best these days.
    No different from her usual bolts. But the fact remains she needs significantly more time for the bigger stuff that will affect Carol, while Carol just has to point and blast her.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, Carol was a military grade fighter pilot before she got her super powers and spent extensive time training in melee combat with a race of superhumans. I'd bet on her having better reflexes in a quickdraw, especially if she can think "fire" and "fly at my opponent at FTL speeds" at the same time, just in case.

Basically what Twickster said. Carol can overwhelm Wanda before she can really get going.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Wanda seems to be able to do relatively fast mind clouding stuff to a group of soldiers. But she doesn't use them against main characters.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

What do we make of Wanda being fast enough to catch her supersonic son Tommy? Since Wanda created a host of super humans, do we attribute their feats to her too?

In the WandaVision finale, Wanda put a shield up around herself and her family faster than any of Captain Marvel's attacks have hit anyone. I know Carol is quick, but there's absolutely no evidence of an attack quick enough to cross Khazan before that shield goes up. If said shield can block Carol's attack - which I believe it can - Wanda takes the fight fairly handily.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    In the WandaVision finale, Wanda put a shield up around herself and her family faster than any of Captain Marvel's attacks have hit anyone. I know Carol is quick, but there's absolutely no evidence of an attack quick enough to cross Khazan before that shield goes up. If said shield can block Carol's attack - which I believe it can - Wanda takes the fight fairly handily.
    Would it? Feats for that attack? Because Carol's casual blasts blow up space ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Would it? Feats for that attack? Because Carol's casual blasts blow up space ships.
    On the flip side, what are the durability feats for the spaceships?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan