Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She was a part of pop culture long before the movie, the movie just made people aware of specific details beyond “strong female hero on the JL”. Her being a “warrior” is a new development that started around the 00s where DC decided that she was the killer of the Trinity and went hard on that. It’s made it’s way into her depictions in mass media.
    For all intents and purposes, Gal Gadot is the George Reeves of the WW franchise. WB has to keep the ball rolling even after she bows out of the role. We got to wait till we get our WW equivalent of Brandon Routh and Tyler Hochelin. I hope I'm not too old by the time that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    For all intents and purposes, Gal Gadot is the George Reeves of the WW franchise. WB has to keep the ball rolling even after she bows out of the role. We got to wait till we get our WW equivalent of Brandon Routh and Tyler Hochelin. I hope I'm not too old by the time that happens.
    Wouldn't that be Lynda Carter?

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Just watched a review of the Snyder cut, haven't seen it myself yet, but the female reviewer excitedly praised Snyder's handling of Wonder Woman and she wants him to direct her next movie. She said she loves Patty Jenkins and 1984 but Snyder better balances Wonder Woman's humanity with a high level of badassary that made her by far the best part of BvS.
    ...was it Grace Randolph?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Wouldn't that be Lynda Carter?
    Yeah, you're right. Lynda would be George Reeves and Gal is Christopher Reeves equivalent.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

There has to be someone who can deliver on more exciting action scenes that depict Diana as a powerhouse than Jenkins managed in WW84, without also seemingly making her overly violent and lethal the way Snyder makes her. At least as far as her "punching downward" goes

These can't be our only two options.

Lauren Montogomery who directed the first solo Wonder Woman DTV feature and also a lot of the JL DTV's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPlSdns_n1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL7pH3RUlqA

They could at least get her to story board the fight sequences. She has a good feel for how WW should fight.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There has to be someone who can deliver on more exciting action scenes that depict Diana as a powerhouse than Jenkins managed in WW84, without also seemingly making her overly violent and lethal the way Snyder makes her. At least as far as her "punching downward" goes

These can't be our only two options.
    I mean, this isn't a Wonder Woman only problem, or even a Patty Jenkins or Snyder director problem.

The MCU seriously nerfs all of its characters compared to their comic counterparts. Captain Marvel was nurfed for 90% of her movie and she could only use her full powers in space, and they somehow made a space battle super boring. When she shows up in Endgame, she's only there for a minute and just flies through the ship while everyone else had much better action scenes.

Dr. Strange had a moment to shine in Infinity War but then was relegated to "holding back water" in Endgame.

WandaVision's final battle was between two super powerful reality altering witches and it culminated to them circling each other in the sky and throwing sparkles at each other... Visions final battle was better but it mostly him phasing through his opponent and through building and stuff so he didn't break everything around him.

I think it's just a matter of setting. In the 3rd movie, have Diana fight an unquestionably evil villain with an unquestionably evil army on Themyscira were there are no civilians to worry about hurting by accident. That way you get a beautiful background and an army of Amazons that Diana doesn't have to worry about because they can take care of themselves.

Edit: I'd say Aquaman got it the closest because most of the fight scenes were free of civilians and took place in large underwater spaces. His one surface fight between himself and black Manta had Aquaman at a near identical power level to WW's No Mans Land scene in the first movie.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-17-2021 at 07:04 AM.

Actually, WW84 had the perfect way to show how powerful Diana is without compromising her morality through the character Barbara. You have a character who has very similar (maybe identical) powers to Wonder Woman, who is loosing her morality and therefor won't hold back. Barbara could have been the one who was hitting people so hard they turn into a puddle, or rip peoples heads off or whatever other violent things Snyder fans want Wonder Woman to do.

And then to have that character get upgraded again (when Barbara becomes Cheetah) and have Diana not only be able to survive those kinds of hits but defeat that person, that's a great way of showing how strong Wonder Woman is. (And it also a nice way to show that Diana's straight comes from more than just her physical stats, but her hand-to-hand experience as well.)

They could have had their cake and eat it too if they did that. Patty kept Barbara from seriously hurting anyone though, I'm guessing it's because of whatever she wants Barbara to be in Wonder Woman 3 (if she is indeed going to be in that film).

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Yeah, you're right. Lynda would be George Reeves and Gal is Christopher Reeves equivalent.
    I would say Lynda Carter should be lumped in with Christopher Reeves based on the fact that they were in essentially the same time period.

Spectacular Member

Nah, Lynda would be up there with Christopher Reeve based on how iconic their portrayals have become. When some says "Superman" or "Wonder Woman", for a majority of the general public it would be Christopher Reeve and Lynda Carter whose images come to mind.

The biggest thing is that while you've had a variety of actors who have played Superman over the decades (Kirk Alyn, George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, Brandon Routh, Henry Cavill and now Tyler Hochelin) there's really only been ONE Wonder Woman before Gal, so there's not really anyone else to compare her too besides Lynda.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    Nah, Lynda would be up there with Christopher Reeve based on how iconic their portrayals have become. When some says "Superman" or "Wonder Woman", for a majority of the general public it would be Christopher Reeve and Lynda Carter whose images come to mind.

The biggest thing is that while you've had a variety of actors who have played Superman over the decades (Kirk Alyn, George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, Brandon Routh, Henry Cavill and now Tyler Hochelin) there's really only been ONE Wonder Woman before Gal, so there's not really anyone else to compare her too besides Lynda.
    Well written!

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post

*stuffs 2011 Wonder Woman pilot into a trash compactor*

^That one had Pedro Pascal in it too. So he's been in two WW adaptations.

At least she's had a great run of voice actors; Susan Eisenberg, Keri Russell (2009 solo movie), Lucy Lawless (New Frontier), Vanessa Marshall (Crisis on 2 Earths) and Rosario Dawson.

I didn't like Rosario Dawson when she first started out, her line delivery was too over the top for me, but that was probably the directors fault more than hers. I liked her a lot in Bloodlines though, it's a shame she's probably not going to get to voice the character again when I felt she was finally nailing it.
    Although I will say, I preferer Wonder Woman with a non-American accent.

It's a shame Eisenberg's a good voice for Diana but she's mainly voiced two of the worst versions of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I didn't like Rosario Dawson when she first started out, her line delivery was too over the top for me, but that was probably the directors fault more than hers. I liked her a lot in Bloodlines though, it's a shame she's probably not going to get to voice the character again when I felt she was finally nailing it.
    Although I will say, I preferer Wonder Woman with a non-American accent.
    Yeah, wasn't until Gadot I realized Diana should probably have an accent.

Even though there's narration from comics going back years stating she does.