Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 137
  1. #1
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    705

    Default Wonder Woman Snyderverse JLA 2: What might have been

    This CBR article focuses on the plan for Lois & Batman to have a child in JLA 2, but it includes a link to Snyder's Twitter post with pictures of the whole story laid out, which include use of Dr. Poison & Menalippe, Diana having a vision of herself as the God of War & killing Superman (with a drawing), and Diana returning to the Themyscira.

    Storyboard Snyder JLA part 1.jpg

    Storyboard Snyder JLA part 2.jpg

    Storyboard Snyder JLA.jpg
    Last edited by Frank; 03-05-2021 at 10:29 AM.

  2. #2
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    705

    Default

    And b/c one can only have 3 attachments to any post, here's the fourth pic:

    Storyboard Snyder JLA part 4.jpg

  3. #3
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,635

    Default

    Ugh, I wish those were actually readable.

    I do think it's interesting the Dr. Poison image is of Elena Anaya's from the first WW film. That means she must have found a toxin that kept her from aging, something Maru tried to do in post-Crisis (that ended up with her devolving herself out of existence).

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    4,896

    Default

    Well, there's "Diana the slay queen" for people who wanted the sword and shield in WW84.

    I'd have to say between Whedon and Snyder, this makes more grateful for the Jenkins films.

  5. #5
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Ugh, I wish those were actually readable.
    The best I can make out of the Maru recruitment scene is this:

    Lex recruits Dr. Maru (last seen in the 2017 WW film) -- still alive, experimenting on herself, preserving her life and testing new _____ ______ on _______ ______ like rats. Like an obsessed stalker, Maru has spent decades collecting ________, and portraits, ________ Diana and the Amazons. Now that Diana has meaning known (?) to the world, ______ _______, ______ a chance at ________ the same because he _______ to Diana's friends, Superman and Batman. Maru accepts. Lex smiles, "_______ let it _______."

  6. #6
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,182

    Default

    Ah, the God of War thing. Not surprised Snyder would use it.

  7. #7
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    705

    Default

    On the third page, regarding Diana, this is what I can make out:

    At the Louvre in Paris, Diana and Menalippe (the amazon who came to warn Diana about Steppenwolf) speculate there could be a way to "remember" the way back to Themyscira. Diana must use the lasso on herself to waken her mind. It's a ______ process but Diana wants to help Menalippe home, and Diana wants to see her mother again, even if she might reject her.

    Diana puts the lasso on -- and suddenly she's overwhelmed by visions! In the beginning, they're wonderful. For the first time in over a century, Diana sees her ______ - _______ ______ the ______ - that she sees the Amazon's ______ ______, _______ _______, but then the visions _____ _____, Diana sees herself as the God of War in a battle with Superman. As she kills him, Bruce cries out!

    ______ _____ ______ the lasso, despite the ______ ______ _______, Diana remembers the way home.

  8. #8
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    705

    Default

    On the fourth page, regarding Diana:

    Wonder Woman and Menalippe return to Themyscria. Diana's unsure what her mother's reaction will be...but a teary and overjoyed Hippolyta embraces her. The Queen declares there will be a celebration unlike an in Amazon history. Her daughter is home!

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    4,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    On the third page, regarding Diana, this is what I can make out:

    At the Louvre in Paris, Diana and Menalippe (the amazon who came to warn Diana about Steppenwolf) speculate there could be a way to "remember" the way back to Themyscira. Diana must use the lasso on herself to waken her mind. It's a ______ process but Diana wants to help Menalippe home, and Diana wants to see her mother again, even if she might reject her.

    Diana puts the lasso on -- and suddenly she's overwhelmed by visions! In the beginning, they're wonderful. For the first time in over a century, Diana sees her ______ - _______ ______ the ______ - that she sees the Amazon's ______ ______, _______ _______, but then the visions _____ _____, Diana sees herself as the God of War in a battle with Superman. As she kills him, Bruce cries out!

    ______ _____ ______ the lasso, despite the ______ ______ _______, Diana remembers the way home.
    Interesting with her using the lasso on herself to open up the way back to Themyscira. I'd assume the time this was being conceived would have been around the time of Rebirth, which was also just did something like that in Rucka's run.

    Not surprised he went with the God of War thing also as that was also relatively recent.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    If its alternate future version of Wonder Woman as the God of War, that's fine for me.

    spoilers:
    I wonder if the concept of Diana using the lasso on herself to find her way to Themyscira will carry over to WW3, if the rumors are true and Diana goes back home.
    end of spoilers

  11. #11
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    829

    Default

    I believe her trip to Themyscira wouldn't have ended well, as part of a coordinated attack on the justice league Dr poison would have poisoned the entire of paradise island killing off all the amazons including Wonder woman. So for pretty much large portions of the justice league films she'd be dead until the magic time travel solution undoes it all.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    I believe her trip to Themyscira wouldn't have ended well, as part of a coordinated attack on the justice league Dr poison would have poisoned the entire of paradise island killing off all the amazons including Wonder woman. So for pretty much large portions of the justice league films she'd be dead until the magic time travel solution undoes it all.
    No, it's okay. She would just chop some heads off as soon as she came back--because that makes it okay. It's like how she'll get rag-dolled by the villain and utterly crushed by Superman, but it's all right because she chops Steppenwolf's head off (after Superman does all the work).

    That's empowerment, right? Get ass kicked, contribute nothing, then behead the bad guy after the real heroes save the day. Right?
    "Never place your trust in us. We're only human. Inevitably, we will disappoint you."


  13. #13
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    No, it's okay. She would just chop some heads off as soon as she came back--because that makes it okay. It's like how she'll get rag-dolled by the villain and utterly crushed by Superman, but it's all right because she chops Steppenwolf's head off (after Superman does all the work).

    That's empowerment, right? Get ass kicked, contribute nothing, then behead the bad guy after the real heroes save the day. Right?
    Don't forget being crowned queen out of nowhere. Not like that could have been saved for her own trilogy where it could have been explored more and be a nice way to cap off her films.
    But yes five seconds of kick ass, head slicing glory makes up for several films worth of abuse, that's why sucker punch was so amazing right? /s

  14. #14
    Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    351

    Default

    This basically would've been a Batman film and Wonder Woman would've been a secondary character in it. The good news is this got nixed by the higher-ups -- the bad news is Snyder's new plans for JL2 involve Superman killing Wonder Woman, which arguably makes it even worse

  15. #15
    Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    On the fourth page, regarding Diana:

    Wonder Woman and Menalippe return to Themyscria. Diana's unsure what her mother's reaction will be...but a teary and overjoyed Hippolyta embraces her. The Queen declares there will be a celebration unlike an in Amazon history. Her daughter is home!
    Diana's reunion with her Mother will obviously take place in WW3 so if Snyder ever gets to make JL2, he'll have to abandon that..which is why in the new version, Diana doesn't go back to Themyscira and gets killed by Superman in the Batcave instead

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •