Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    God, isn't there enough stuff packed in here already?

Setting up a sequel that may or may not end up happening caused some story telling issues in BvS (the Knightmare, which should have been the first thing on the cutting room floor for the theatrical release), it seems it would have continued here if this is the case. Focus on telling a good story NOW, not a tomorrow that might never come.
    Yeah, long-form storytelling has proven to not be DCEU's forte.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    The thing is wouldn't that vision have more of a impact if they actually spoke more then five words to each other? Be the actual friends and colleagues depicted in the comics rather simply have a short conversation about killing things not belonging to this world?
    And Zack wonders why his movies feel flat.
    You are asking too much character work for plot driven movies.

Question is who would be next after wonder woman? Aquaman, Flash or cyborg? Or maybe even bat... nah.
    All of them except BM because he's dead.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-07-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Where does it say snyder will make jl2 and how do we know part of the plot already?
    He had an entire 5 movie story line plotted out. Starting with Man of Steel and concluding with Justice League 3. So he was laying the plot for Justice League 2 with story boards as far back at BvS production.

btw his 5 movie plan was Man of Steel, BvS, Justice League 1,2,3. He probably has as a plot summary for the 3rd movie buried somewhere.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    He had an entire 5 movie story line plotted out. Starting with Man of Steel and concluding with Justice League 3. So he was laying the plot for Justice League 2 with story boards as far back at BvS production.

btw his 5 movie plan was Man of Steel, BvS, Justice League 1,2,3. He probably has as a plot summary for the 3rd movie buried somewhere.
    So were are going to see WW being killed by evil SM in jl2? Like can't we please get a break from all the crappy treatment this character gets?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    So were are going to see WW being killed by evil SM in jl2? Like can't we please get a break from all the crappy treatment this character gets?
    No, Evil God of War WW was gonna kill normal SM in a nightmare future vision and then die by toxic gas from Dr.Poison while attending a welcome home feast on her own Island. And then the Flash would go back in time and undo it all.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

No, Evil God of War WW was gonna kill normal SM in a nightmare future vision and then die by toxic gas from Dr.Poison while attending a welcome home feast on her own Island. And then the Flash would go back in time and undo it all.
    But i heard another user said that jl2 plot was changing and SM will kill WW in the batcave.

Lord, I'm just so tired of Snyder and everything JL related right now. I mean just reading through this story board was a chore. People like Snyder love making things dark/gritty/realistic or what have you, but very and holy heck do I mean VERY few people know Diana well enough to maybe sort of pull off dark/gritty Wonder Woman. There is no slow fall or progression into what would cause Diana to start abandoning her morals or codes. We don't know who she is at first to get emotionally attached when we she her do morally questionable things. Snyder just throws us these "heroes" doing dumb **** and brooding all the time for a cool factor, and its not even cool anymore.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    No, it's okay. She would just chop some heads off as soon as she came back--because that makes it okay. It's like how she'll get rag-dolled by the villain and utterly crushed by Superman, but it's all right because she chops Steppenwolf's head off (after Superman does all the work).

That's empowerment, right? Get ass kicked, contribute nothing, then behead the bad guy after the real heroes save the day. Right?
    Yup... This is a very consistent trend with Diana in particular right now in DC comics, well the Wonderfam (or lack there of) too. Team books are especially bad in that regard. constantly in the background, ragdolled to make Superman look better during fights, barely shows her physical powers, and just swings a sword around.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Yup... This is a very consistent trend with Diana in particular right now in DC comics, well the Wonderfam (or lack there of) too. Team books are especially bad in that regard. constantly in the background, ragdolled to make Superman look better during fights, barely shows her physical powers, and just swings a sword around.
    He said ww gets a lot more action & she could always fly in his film version. I watched his interviews with grace randolph & others. I wanna see her superpspeed & strength. I have to watch her get beat up by Superman again

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    He said ww gets a lot more action & she could always fly in his film version. I watched his interviews with grace randolph & others. I wanna see her superpspeed & strength. I have to watch her get beat up by Superman again
    I don't hold interviews with much weight. I'm sure it sounds good, its an interview that's the point. He has just over 4 hours to prove me wrong about his Wonder Woman, but if its the same nonsense I'm not gonna waste energy being surprised about it.

Also I hope you mean "hate to" and not "have to". IDK why Superman beating up the entirety of the JL was a good part, when 1 maybe 2 members can stalemate/solo him when written well.

Oof, yeah that was bad. Left a real sour taste in my mouth as someone who likes Superman and probably where I started think Diana'd be better off not being on the JL or close to Bruce and Clark.

Incredible Member

I wouldn't trust much about what Zack says in interviews as the truth tends to change from interview to interview. Remember when the syndercut was complete until it needed more funding for extra shots? Or that martian manhunter was always planned?

Thank god for Patty Jenkins is all there is necessary to say. Her movies aren't 100% perfect but they both understand the character.

Well one more thought though...we got some chemistry-less Bat-flirting only because Snyder couldn't use his idea that Bruce would fall in love with Lois. What an appropriate back story.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

So she becomes a God but is susceptible to poison gas? Was it some magical gas mixed with God Killing Febreeze or something? Cause otherwise that's bullshit. Does that mean Darkseid can be killed by Mustard Gas or Agent Orange?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So she becomes a God but is susceptible to poison gas? Was it some magical gas mixed with God Killing Febreeze or something? Cause otherwise that's bullshit. Does that mean Darkseid can be killed by Mustard Gas or Agent Orange?
    I think the God of War was just a vision and dying on Themyscira was a separate thing later in the movie.

I'd guess I'd give some credit for at least giving the "wiping out Themyscira" plot point to a Wonder Woman villain like Poison rather than a New God or some other villain but yeah I have say rock and a hard place for Diana between Whedon and Snyder.

I think the implication is that Dr. Poison spent the past hundred years since World War 1 perfecting a super toxin that could kill Diana.

Doesn't make Diana and the Amazons' demise any less undignified or pathetic. Mighty, god-like Wonder Woman and a race of great warriors...wiped out without resistance by a lone madwoman with a grudge.

Even though this will likely not get made, we are still going to see the Amazons slaughtered by Steppenwolf and Diana murdered by evil Superman in the Snyder Cut. Not sure why Zack is so determined to depict the horrific death of Wonder Woman and her sisters one way or another on the big screen, but here we are.