Extraordinary Member

Default Diabolik vs Doc Savage

The King of Terror takes on the Man of Bronze!

Which of these two comes out top?

I mean, is he supposed to steal something from him? We are talking about the Italian comic character/final movie the original MST3K made fun of right

Extraordinary Member

It's the Italian comic book character, yes

In an arena match I'd give it to the Doc. Throwing knives come up short against a gun firing mercy bullets. IIRC, Diabolik does not wear a bullet proof suit, but the Doc has invented a Kevlar substitute. So advantage Doc.

Savage is also a foot taller and a 100 pds heavier, and nothing Diabolik has done to my limited knowledge is blatantly superhuman. He's a peak human vs the Doc who is a ringer imo.

A scenario match would be much more hard to predict. They're both genius polymaths, with limitless resources for the pulp milieu. Could go either way.

Man this would be a fun story to read.

I only know him from the movie, which I only know from MST3k, but he didn't seem to carry any weaponry, or even engage in combat, he was all about the stealth, planning, and improvising but he wasn't a fighter, so can't see him throwing down in an arena setting, much less against Doc

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I only know him from the movie, which I only know from MST3k, but he didn't seem to carry any weaponry, or even engage in combat, he was all about the stealth, planning, and improvising but he wasn't a fighter, so can't see him throwing down in an arena setting, much less against Doc
    In the comics he's noted as being an incredibly good knife thrower. To the point where he could nearly kill someone with a paper knife

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    As jcogginsa has said, the books and comics version of Diabolik is an incredible combatant, basically Batman level peak human who uses throwing knives and cool gear. I dont think thats enough to take out Doc Savage tho without a lot of one sided prep.