Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default When it comes to movies Do you have that one friend who...

Bombards you with useless trivia and obscure facts about the movie. Or maybe they try and tell you about the deeper meaning of a movie?

I today wanted to watch a mindless pointless movie so I turned on Demolition Man. a fun blow em up shootem up movie. Mindless and fun. my friend when I told him I was watching it sent me like a nonstop wall of texts about how the movie is a great warning in the dangers of social conformity in the name of safety and comfort. I mean I honest to god had to turn off my phone.

So do you have that one friend you just cant watch a movie or tv show with?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

No I am that friend �� lol

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    LOL, so am i!

BANNED

no, most of my friends come well informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    LOL, so am i!

You two are off the list for my Super Fun Time Number One Popcorn Movie night!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Come on I'll bring soda and candy!!!

Come on I'll bring soda and candy!!!
    What kind of candy?

What kind of candy?
    Blue sour patch kids! And starburst!

C’mon, I’ll even tell you who coined the term popcorn movie!

The great thing about being an american is accepting bribes and not feeling guilty about it!

You two can come just don't ask about my tax returns.

Bombards you with useless trivia and obscure facts about the movie. Or maybe they try and tell you about the deeper meaning of a movie?

I today wanted to watch a mindless pointless movie so I turned on Demolition Man. a fun blow em up shootem up movie. Mindless and fun. my friend when I told him I was watching it sent me like a nonstop wall of texts about how the movie is a great warning in the dangers of social conformity in the name of safety and comfort. I mean I honest to god had to turn off my phone.

So do you have that one friend you just cant watch a movie or tv show with?
    I have that one friend who, if he dislikes a movie, will endlessly make remarks under his breath.

I used to have a friend who was the person who had to make endless stupid jokes. For instance, we'd be watching "The Mosquito Coast".

"Well, that's one way to get away from the Empire".

Two minutes later: "Aw come on, he'd deal with this easily if he had his whip".

And on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

Then, when everybody finally just said, "Shut the f*** up", he couldn't understand why, after the 50th remark, nobody thought it was funny anymore and just let out loud sighs.
    Power with Girl is better.

not really, if anything I'm usually the friend talking deeper meaning and the occasional trivia (if I pick something up).
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I am sort of that friend myself. I don't read that much. But i read and listen much more then any of my friends do. But i keep stuff to myself. A film has to be enjoyed on its own. Whether it has anything deep or not, the film itself has to be worth watching. If i would jump in every other scene to say something about it, i would ruin the experience of my friend. I would hate it if someone does that to me. (Let me enjoy my movie dammit!). I do tell stuff after the movie's over. And that too depending upon how receptive my friend is. There are fewer frustrating things then giving something to someone who does not value what you are giving.

Extraordinary Member

My best friend wants to know the entire plot of the film before she watches it. And if she doesn't know, she'll constantly ask me questions all through the film. Like I would know more about it than she would. Can't tell you how many times I've yelled at her to shut up in a movie theater.

The great thing about being an american is accepting bribes and not feeling guilty about it!

You two can come just don't ask about my tax returns.
    ^^^mum’s the word!

That expression first became popular in the 16th century...