Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I did see this on another site and thought it would be cool. i dont know if we could make it work but it would be kind of fun to have like a movie or tv club. Like post a moive in a thread and that week people watch the movie and post their thoughts or a show and people watch a couple episodes and post their thoughts and debate it and such. Like a movie or two a week and let people go at their own pace.

maybe do something Like this with comics as well. Like a book club. And then all of you guys can post your facts and trivia

I know not everyone has a lot of time so I am not sure this could work.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Ok I had this cousin, who I saw spiderman 2 (2004) with. she was not into comic books. when we saw the film, she started asking me questions about spiderman and I felt excited because i was going to indoctrinate my cousin to comic books.

she gave up and got bored in a month with anything spiderman after bugging me in the cinema for more information and trivia about the character.

Retired

I wish I had those friends now. Back in the day, I had quite a lot. But not the kind that would text me--not much texting back then or even email. I can understand now how that's the easiest way to share--since we can't meet in person with friends--so it seems like a nice gesture to send text about movies.

We would get together in bars to talk about the movies we'd seen. I was pretty good in my knowledge, but not a great talker. I had a close friend who seemed to have a photographic memory, could easily quote lines from every movie, and would go on and on about some movies.

I lost touch with those friends long ago. They could be a pain in the butt, sometimes, but not about movies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    My best friend wants to know the entire plot of the film before she watches it. And if she doesn't know, she'll constantly ask me questions all through the film. Like I would know more about it than she would. Can't tell you how many times I've yelled at her to shut up in a movie theater.
    Concerning this same friend, I had seen Jurassic World when it came out in 2015. A few weeks later, my friend's kids talked her into going to see it, even though she hates violent and scary movies. I went with them and every time something big was about to happen, I would squeeze her wrist so she would have time to cover her eyes. Needless to say, as the movie went on, she was covering those eyes a LOT.

Retired

Normally, I don't like to have plots spoiled, but some of my best memories growing up with my older brother are when he would tell me about a movie he'd just seen. He would have to tell the whole story and what all the characters did and said. It was better than any movie watching my brother regurgitate it all.