Default Ebony Maw vs Agatha Harkness

MCU versions of both.

Maw's TK seems to be quicker on the draw than Agatha's magic would be, and he could start by breaking her hands making her unable to do the hand motions she needs for her magic, or he could snap her neck if you want to be boring about it

If Maw was beating Strange, Agatha has no chance whatsoever. She's basically a witch specializing in defeating other witches. Her one advantage doesn't exist as far as Maw is concerned. Likewise, Maw has the same "point-and-click" issue that gives MCU mages so much trouble. They're simply overwhelmed before they get their big guns up and running (not that Agatha has any big guns applicable here).

I dont think maw can use his tk on people, im not sure he has ever done that despite having multiple fights and reasons to do that. With thor he was using material, with doc strange the same..
    then again he did use tk to get his ally away so i guess all that was just pis.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    I dont think maw can use his tk on people, im not sure he has ever done that despite having multiple fights and reasons to do that. With thor he was using material, with doc strange the same..
    then again he did use tk to get his ally away so i guess all that was just pis.
    I recall there was a comment from the (directors?) that since Maw's TK is invisible, they deliberately filmed Maw manipulating surrounding materials since its more "cinematic" and visually impressive than affecting people directly with TK. It certainly looks better than him twisting people into pretzels and snapping necks left and right. He does shove Kull Obsidian away, and he was lifting Strange with TK while torturing him, so there are examples of him TK'ing living things. I'm in the PIS camp here.
    Last edited by Twickster; 03-08-2021 at 02:12 AM.

Wanda already basically did early on what Maw tends to open up with in fights and it worked at least momentarily.

He should be able to at least keep her busy even if he for some reason doesn't TK her direct.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    I recall there was a comment from the (directors?) that since Maw's TK is invisible, they deliberately filmed Maw manipulating surrounding materials since its more "cinematic" and visually impressive than affecting people directly with TK. It certainly looks better than him twisting people into pretzels and snapping necks left and right. He does shove Kull Obsidian away, and he was lifting Strange with TK while torturing him, so there are examples of him TK'ing living things. I'm in the PIS camp here.
    Yea makes sense. Fully agreed