Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default New Star Trek Film Announced

https://blog.trekcore.com/2021/03/ka...film/#comments

Unfortunately this is one series I like but I believe in my heart is struggling far more than Paramount/CBS will like to admit.

This is the 3rd new movie since Star Trek 4 and Quentin Tarantino Star Trek that has been announced since Star Trek Beyond failed to meet Box Office expectations.

I hope this one makes it to Pre-Production.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I won't believe it's real until I see a trailer

Ultimate Member

I wonder what era it will be in. Right now Star Trek is in all different eras on TV

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I wonder what era it will be in. Right now Star Trek is in all different eras on TV
    If they want to appeal to a mass audience and Trek nostalgia, then the TOS or TNG eras makes the most sense I suppose.

I'd love to see a Kelvin timeline TNG movie, if they want to keep that universe going.

If they manage to get Pine, Quintom, Saldana and the rest of the gang on board, maybe we will get a new take on Star Trek 4? One that wraps up the Kelvin Enterprise crews story.

By the time this movie comes out, it'll likely have been around 15 years since Star Trek '09 (God, typing that makes me feel old!) If we're following a real-time progression, due to actors ageing and stuff, the movie could be set in the early 2270's i.e. the era of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, when Kirk is an Admiral getting past his prime.

Maybe we could see a version of the events leading up to that. A last mission for the Enterprise crew that ends with this Kirk giving up command to Spock and becoming Admiral?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    If they want to appeal to a mass audience and Trek nostalgia, then the TOS or TNG eras makes the most sense I suppose.

I'd love to see a Kelvin timeline TNG movie, if they want to keep that universe going.

If they manage to get Pine, Quintom, Saldana and the rest of the gang on board, maybe we will get a new take on Star Trek 4? One that wraps up the Kelvin Enterprise crews story.

By the time this movie comes out, it'll likely have been around 15 years since Star Trek '09 (God, typing that makes me feel old!) If we're following a real-time progression, due to actors ageing and stuff, the movie could be set in the early 2270's i.e. the era of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, when Kirk is an Admiral getting past his prime.

Maybe we could see a version of the events leading up to that. A last mission for the Enterprise crew that ends with this Kirk giving up command to Spock and becoming Admiral?
    I like to see a post-Nemesis movie.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They need to stop announcing Star Trek projects. We know this will go nowhere as long as Bad Robot is still involved.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They need to stop announcing Star Trek projects. We know this will go nowhere as long as Bad Robot is still involved.
    Well, I'd like them stop announcing and actually get to it!

The Trouble with Tribbles - The Motion Picture

Well, I'd like them stop announcing and actually get to it!
    Everything points to CBS not wanting greenlight their projects as suppose to them not getting their ass in gear.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Everything points to CBS not wanting greenlight their projects as suppose to them not getting their ass in gear.
    Huh, why do you think that is?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Huh, why do you think that is?
    Because Alex Kultzman and Bad Robot/Secret Hideout are a forced leftover from the previous regime at CBS that ViacomCBS hates and wants to get rid of but are forced to work with because of contracts and put up with the whole classic trek vs 'prime' trek nonsense. Alex knows his days are numbered so will happily pollute the brand as much as possible before ViacomCBS can finally show him and his production team the door.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Because Alex Kultzman and Bad Robot/Secret Hideout are a forced leftover from the previous regime at CBS that ViacomCBS hates and wants to get rid of but are forced to work with because of contracts and put up with the whole classic trek vs 'prime' trek nonsense. Alex knows his days are numbered so will happily pollute the brand as much as possible before ViacomCBS can finally show him and his production team the door.
    If that happens, what happens to Star Trek?

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post

I think they mentioned the Kelvin timeline in Discovery with an alien who came from there...who was wearing a TNG season 1-2 style uniform.

As for Kirk becoming an admiral, I think Beyond already teased that. Then again Kirk started the original movies as an admiral, went back to becoming a Captain very quickly (In TMP), then became an Admiral again in the next movie, only to once again be demoted to Captain.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think they mentioned the Kelvin timeline in Discovery with an alien who came from there...who was wearing a TNG season 1-2 style uniform.

As for Kirk becoming an admiral, I think Beyond already teased that. Then again Kirk started the original movies as an admiral, went back to becoming a Captain very quickly (In TMP), then became an Admiral again in the next movie, only to once again be demoted to Captain.
    Kelvin Kirk might still be a little young to be an Admiral.

If that happens, what happens to Star Trek?
    Viacom gets a production company they actually want to work with do Trek. Wipe their hands of the current Trek shows and the Calvin timeline as a whole.