Default What do you think is in store for Damien?

I'm honestly hoping that he ends up rejecting both of his family legacies. I think a good twist would be for the Order of Saint Dumas to make a return and kill off Azrael and force the mantle on to Damien with brainwashing. I think Azrael is a good fit for him as it would place him between the line. It'd also be nice reversal for the demon's grandson to become an avenging angel.

Besides the more I think about it the more I think both Azrael costumes would really fit Damien. I just think he's going to end up between both idealogies and take on a mantle that represents that.

I like how he forces Bruce and Talia to... question why they do things the way they do. He can't fully embrace either side because then he'd stop being... what he is. So he needs to stay in a neutral ground between the two.

He should fall head over heels for someone.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I like how he forces Bruce and Talia to... question why they do things the way they do. He can't fully embrace either side because then he'd stop being... what he is. So he needs to stay in a neutral ground between the two.
    I don't think Bruce questions anything nor should he. Bruce has his mission and Damian's actions plays no part in it. Damian choose to go his own way and walk his own path, as is his right to do. Batman and Talia are busy with their own business and Damian is as well. But I'm sure he will be doing something "heroic" and eventually will even reconnect/reunite with Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I don't think Bruce questions anything nor should he. Bruce has his mission and Damian's actions plays no part in it. Damian choose to go his own way and walk his own path, as is his right to do. Batman and Talia are busy with their own business and Damian is as well. But I'm sure he will be doing something "heroic" and eventually will even reconnect/reunite with Bruce.
    Bruce is his father and Damian is only 13 years old. Bruce's neglect has lead to the messed up state their relationship is in.
    So whatever Damian is doing next is Bruce's business.

BANNED

Being a son of a superhero and a supervillain just makes him not fully commited to one side over another.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Bruce is his father and Damian is only 13 years old. Bruce's neglect has lead to the messed up state their relationship is in.
    Well also most of his life Damian got raised by his mother. Then after that she told Bruce about Damian.

But this means Damian knows stuff about his mother's business that Bruce doesn't. He also has connections from that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Bruce never asked for Damian, he was just dropped into his lap unannounced and preceded to be nothing but a problem child and headache for Bruce. Let Talia deal with Damian, is she not being neglectful as well. This mindset is exactly why giving Batman a biological son was the worst thing to ever happen to the character. Damian is a willful, spoiled, arrogant brat and his fans excuse his behavior and instead heap the blame on Bruce. As if Bruce is expected to upend his entire life for a brat he didn't even know existed. And the funny thing is if Bruce did try to rein in Damian, if he was more tough/hard on him, more of a disciplinarian and forbade him from being Robin the same fans would be ripping him. It's like those who condemn Batman for child endangerment/abuse but rip him if he attempts to prevent said child/youth from being a vigilante, then he's the arrogant controlling jerk who bosses people around. Dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't. Damian is going to do whatever he wants to do, regardless of what Bruce thinks or wants. And his fans will love him for it because they love when he stands up to Bruce. And I guarantee if and when Batman makes an appearance in Damian's solo it will be met with scorn and cries "we don't want him in Damian's book". The best thing would be to keep both characters separated for a good long while.

I know Dick will be in Damian's book. A lot of fans want Damian and Dick to be a duo. But I like the two just spending time

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Bruce never asked for Damian, he was just dropped into his lap unannounced and preceded to be nothing but a problem child and headache for Bruce. Let Talia deal with Damian, is she not being neglectful as well. This mindset is exactly why giving Batman a biological son was the worst thing to ever happen to the character. Damian is a willful, spoiled, arrogant brat and his fans excuse his behavior and instead heap the blame on Bruce. As if Bruce is expected to upend his entire life for a brat he didn't even know existed. And the funny thing is if Bruce did try to rein in Damian, if he was more tough/hard on him, more of a disciplinarian and forbade him from being Robin the same fans would be ripping him. It's like those who condemn Batman for child endangerment/abuse but rip him if he attempts to prevent said child/youth from being a vigilante, then he's the arrogant controlling jerk who bosses people around. Dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't. Damian is going to do whatever he wants to do, regardless of what Bruce thinks or wants. And his fans will love him for it because they love when he stands up to Bruce. And I guarantee if and when Batman makes an appearance in Damian's solo it will be met with scorn and cries "we don't want him in Damian's book". The best thing would be to keep both characters separated for a good long while.
    You don't seem to have read Batman and Robin 2011.
    The moment Bruce chose to bring Damian back to life all the whining about how "he never chose him! Damian's existence is not his responsibility!" stopped being true.
    He wanted him back, knowing how difficult Damian could be, but he did it because he loves him. It was one of his best moments of humanity in recent years.
    Also, be mad at DC for writing Bruce so terribly, not at Damian and other batfamily fans who find it hard to like a character who is such a bad parent.

Also, if you just hate Damian, why are you even in a thread to discuss his future? Sounds a bit like you're searching for a fight. Which is you're right I guess, but not something I can understand.