Default The Gangrel Antedeluvian vs Thanos

Thanos is unarmed

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Not really sure what Ennoia can do to Thanos, besides try to mess with his head via Animalism (and I doubt that'll work, considering the kinds of mental attacks Thanos has bounced).

Comic book Thanos really operates on a higher level than most of the 3rd Generation, if not all of them.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I agree with Sharp. The 3rd Gen and above are planetary scale threats. Thanos has survived shots from Odin, who breaks Galaxies when powering up. I think she's out of her paygrade here, but i would be curious to here the consensus of her planetary scale shape shifting against his Eternal molecular mastery.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    I agree with Sharp. The 3rd Gen and above are planetary scale threats. Thanos has survived shots from Odin, who breaks Galaxies when powering up. I think she's out of her paygrade here, but i would be curious to here the consensus of her planetary scale shape shifting against his Eternal molecular mastery.
    I mean, he basically took and pretty casually undid the effects of traveling into places where the physical laws of the entire universe were causing him to warp/shatter by default, so I don't *think* that it should be much of a problem for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Thanos - Mad Titan, Lover of Death and Cosmic Honey Badger.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Ennoia's thing isn't shapeshifting OTHER people, it's altering herself. In specific ways (Protean discipline); it's not like she's skilled in Vicissitude or anything. One of her powers (the highest level of Protean, apparently) is 'meld with planet and control planet to create localized effects' (like swallow large portions of cities in order to consume the vampires in said cities, as I recall).

Changes nothing, really; Thanos is stronger and tougher than her, he's not likely to be incapable of attacking her because she has changed into something he can't easily hit (dude projects energies and controls molecules and the like), and his mental powers are greater than hers (so her power to mess with people's heads via Animalism is just going to fail).

Those are her big three abilities - physical stuff, the shape-changing/earth-melding/etc, and the various abilities of Animalism to control beasts and mess with people's heads. She likely has a ton of other abilities, but not at the scale where they're anything to Thanos.

Edit: Yeah, I put the discipline names in italics just to make things clear. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate