Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney +

Astonishing Member

Default Disney +

I couldn't find a thread on this, and was a little surprised considering how big it is becoming. I just wanted to start a thread to discuss what you like or dislike about the service. I have no complaints about their new and upcoming programming it looks incredible. My only issues is they don't seem interested in putting much older material on the site. Maybe its just not worth it I don't know. I have a feeling they will bring more 20th century and touchstone stuff in over time, as this is already happening in Europe with their STAR set up. Don't know if anyone else has any thoughts but love to hear them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I kinda wish they would put the more mature stuff on Hulu. Disney owns 80% of it and they don't do much with it.

Astonishing Member

Mandalorian and Wandavision is a sign that they want to get high quality products out. Thats the reason I subscribe Disney. Simple as that.

Mighty Member

I'm a MCU/Star Wars fan so more than happy to sign up. Plus, I enjoy Pixar too.

Star is pretty good so far, but missing Die Hard and all the Alien and Predator films, so definitely not all of the 20th Century Fox back-catalogue yet.

Also, they need to fix the thing where you get Continue Watching on stuff you stopped during the end credits. And add a “skip credits” button for Marvel Studios, obv.

All-New Member

Well I got my $1 Disney+ price hike today so I unsubbed. I was disappointed in Wandavision and it was the only reason I subbed. So I'll catch the first 2 episodes of TFATWS and wait till the entire series drops...possibly Loki series too before I come back.....Gonna get my $8 worth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by seth-man3000 View Post
    Well I got my $1 Disney+ price hike today so I unsubbed. I was disappointed in Wandavision and it was the only reason I subbed. So I'll catch the first 2 episodes of TFATWS and wait till the entire series drops...possibly Loki series too before I come back.....Gonna get my $8 worth
    Nice second post. Trust me, you are never gonna get your $8 worth.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I kinda wish they would put the more mature stuff on Hulu. Disney owns 80% of it and they don't do much with it.
    Modok should drop on hulu soonish...and rumors of Punisher winding up there?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I already have 3 years of the service already paid for so I shouldn't get screwed on price hikes anytime soon. I signed up for the Marvel content and I'm glad we're finally getting it.

Love Disney + not just for the Marvel and Star Wars stuff but I really love the nature shows on there and I got the bundle with ESPN.

I dropped Hulu. Everything I wanted to watch it seems you had to pay for some add on.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Love Disney + not just for the Marvel and Star Wars stuff but I really love the nature shows on there and I got the bundle with ESPN.

I dropped Hulu. Everything I wanted to watch it seems you had to pay for some add on.

Yea. I still have Hulu I don't really like the set up they have. I think we will see some major changes with that streaming service in the future. In Europe they incorporated STAR into their main Disney + site. I really see this happening in the USA at some point. Which will make Disney + just explode here.

Boisterously Confused

Gotta say, Marvel and Star Wars being the main draws, I've also enjoyed wandering down memory lane with a variety of Disney animated and live fare. Escape To Witch Mountain, for example; nostalgic, if not great, cinema.

Mighty Member

Yeah I heard the new Duck Tales series is pretty good and they're planning on having a new Darkwing Duck series too.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Yea. I still have Hulu I don't really like the set up they have. I think we will see some major changes with that streaming service in the future. In Europe they incorporated STAR into their main Disney + site. I really see this happening in the USA at some point. Which will make Disney + just explode here.
    I agree Disney plus isn't flexible enough so at some point, they will probably merge in Hulu/Star into the ecosystem. OR they are holding Hulu to be future potential Hub because with everybody having a streaming service and set price it is only a matter of time before people start *bundle them together.

* What I mean is someone like Apple or Google would offer NBC or CBS a chunk of money to offset the loss, Then Apple would offer paramount plus at cheaper rate if you are signed up to Apple TV and consumers are happy because they can seamless integrate their shows together. Since Apple is also trying to drive to their physical products it is also a bonus.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I agree Disney plus isn't flexible enough so at some point, they will probably merge in Hulu/Star into the ecosystem. OR they are holding Hulu to be future potential Hub because with everybody having a streaming service and set price it is only a matter of time before people start *bundle them together.

* What I mean is someone like Apple or Google would offer NBC or CBS a chunk of money to offset the loss, Then Apple would offer paramount plus at cheaper rate if you are signed up to Apple TV and consumers are happy because they can seamless integrate their shows together. Since Apple is also trying to drive to their physical products it is also a bonus.
    I will say Hulu is ok as a basic streaming service. But compared to Netflix its page and search set ups look like they are from a different decade. I suppose this is more of a compliment to Netflix than anything else. I know Disney doesn't actually run that site but if they did I am sure they would make it more user friendly.