Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney +

Astonishing Member

Disney + just announced today that they have surpassed 100 million subscribers worldwide. At this rate it won't be long till they pass Netflix. Which is incredible.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I signed up for Disney+ to watch Hamilton (which I liked), then I discovered The Mandalorian, stuck around for WandaVision and watch NatGeo shows along with various movies. All things considered, I'm pleased with the service.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Gotta say, Marvel and Star Wars being the main draws, I've also enjoyed wandering down memory lane with a variety of Disney animated and live fare. Escape To Witch Mountain, for example; nostalgic, if not great, cinema.
    The nostalgic factor is a great draw. There was a Disney nature film from years ago called The Yellowstone Cubs. They follow a pair of bear cubs around Yellowstone park. I loved it as a kid. I watch that 50 times so far I think.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

One of the reasons it is so successful, is that parents signing it for their kids. I know a handful of parents who did that without being interested in it by themselves. Its not only us fanboys.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I have to say I am really enjoying the service overall, especially with the arrival of STAR here in the UK allowing for a whole host of shows I have wanted to watch for years, coupled with the growing number of original Marvel and Star Wars shows and the back catalogue. The only major critique I have is the need to have certain episodes removed from the episode library of some older shows to presumably avoid dated material - it's unfortunate that I can't have a comprehensive list of Disney Afternoon episodes, for example.

But overall it's great! Don't especially see the need to have any other steaming service outside it and Netflix right now, unless maybe HBO Max comes out over here with comprehensive DC content.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i like it, probably collectively my favorite streaming service

small complaints would be 1) didnt have tons of original launch content and 2) the xbox app sometimes is weird to navigate to specific episodes of series

but between mandolorian and wandavision so far i think their originals are top tier

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I have to say I am really enjoying the service overall, especially with the arrival of STAR here in the UK allowing for a whole host of shows I have wanted to watch for years, coupled with the growing number of original Marvel and Star Wars shows and the back catalogue. The only major critique I have is the need to have certain episodes removed from the episode library of some older shows to presumably avoid dated material - it's unfortunate that I can't have a comprehensive list of Disney Afternoon episodes, for example.

But overall it's great! Don't especially see the need to have any other steaming service outside it and Netflix right now, unless maybe HBO Max comes out over here with comprehensive DC content.
    Yea that is my only complaint as well. They have a lot of unreleased material especially from the 70s. But like you said tons of tv shows as well. The tv shows can't have to do with licensing issues, maybe its just not worth it for them to stream them. I don't know.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    One of the reasons it is so successful, is that parents signing it for their kids. I know a handful of parents who did that without being interested in it by themselves. Its not only us fanboys.
    Wait?!? What!?!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Wait?!? What!?!
    Unbelievable, huh?

Astonishing Member

Tons of stuff coming to Disney + in April. Including some old movies finally.

Ewok movies
    Ewoks 80s cartoons
    Clone wars 2d short cartoons (first series)
    Cartoon short from star wars holiday special!
    Island on top of the world
    Third man on the mountain
    Adventures in wonderland series

Among others!

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/whats-...april-2021-us/

Astonishing Member

Disney + just announced a new National Treasure series will be produced. Pretty cool.

Astonishing Member

Wow cool!. I was wondering when the next spidey animated would come. They can never go long without one

Still no Star Wars Holiday Special.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.