Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    But Danvers did, and she was kind of assuming Mar-Vell’s role from the comics.

Also, I was pleased as punch to see Spidey duking it out with Thanos. I just wish Warlock and the Thing could have been in it, too.
    Ok. I see what you're saying. I'm don't like Thing, and I'm not super familiar with Adam, but I liked Carol fighting Thanos, so I guess that's a bit of that comic put into the movie

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I didn't miss the Thing, but I was curious to see Adam Warlock.

Captain Marvel was weakly integrated, I agree. But I didn't think it brought the movie down too much.

Thanos is a major enemy of Mar-Vell, right?
    Kinda weird that Nebula who was a villain in the books got more development than Carol.

Also Mar-Vell only shows up to die in CM.

Hope they do better next time.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Kinda weird that Nebula who was a villain in the books got more development than Carol.

I think Nebula had already been in the previous one so that's why. Plus some people complained about Carol potentially "solving everything", even though that was a baseless fear

They could have kept Mar-Vell alive and then have her die of cancer in the sequel, like in the graphic novel.

But I think the next one will be better.

Ok. I see what you're saying. I'm don't like Thing, and I'm not super familiar with Adam, but I liked Carol fighting Thanos, so I guess that's a bit of that comic put into the movie
    How can you not like the Thing? He’s one of Marvel’s best characters EVAH! He’s right up there with Spidey and Wolverine and Cap and now Iron Man and Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Same except I wasn't mad.

But it did make sense to have the first Avengers be the main focus of the sequel.

Maybe Carol should have been in IW and beats Thanos to keep him from a stone? Then, she gets dusted, when he gets that stone.

That would've sold both her and Thanos as big time. What we got was great, too.
    Maybe mad wasn't the right word and I do kinda follow that she might've made the good guys winning too easy, but I was really looking forward to seeing her as part of the main Avengers team. Maybe the original team deserved a last hurrah, but adding new characters into the mix was always what made the Avengers movies interesting.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe mad wasn't the right word and I do kinda follow that she might've made the good guys winning too easy, but I was really looking forward to seeing her as part of the main Avengers team. Maybe the original team deserved a last hurrah, but adding new characters into the mix was always what made the Avengers movies interesting.
    I can see your point. I wish she had some more interactions with the OG Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Agree again!

Can you imagine though in the first movie when Thor takes his shot, Thanos drops his quote about the head, and Carol come flying in to punch his head off but WHOOOSH she is completely dusted running into him, cut to the others getting dusted as he then falls into the portal?

I am still happy with what we got but that would've been a gut punch, too. The Despair! OH, I love it.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-08-2021 at 02:56 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Agree again!

Can you imagine though in the first movie when Thor takes his shot, Thanos drops his quote about the head, and Carol come flying in to punch his head off but WHOOOSH she is completely dusted running into him, cut to the others getting dusted as he then falls into the portal?

I am still happy with what we got but that would've been a gut punch, too. The Despair! OH, I love it.
    The thing is, heroes interacting with other is always entertaining. Remember Tony and Peter with Strange and the Guardians. Yet Carol didn't even speak to him or Bruce

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Hopefully they will never descend to doing movies that are perfect representations of old comic stories.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Hopefully they will never descend to doing movies that are perfect representations of old comic stories.
    I think they can take some parts. Not exact copies, but keep the unique and interesting ideas.

BANNED

I think they can take some parts. Not exact copies, but keep the unique and interesting ideas.
    They've been doing that since Iron Man

Ultimate Member

They've been doing that since Iron Man
    I agree. I think it's important to strike a balance. Exact copies of comic storylines wouldn't always work, but sometimes the changes made in adaptations tend to be generic

BANNED

I agree. I think it's important to strike a balance. Exact copies of comic storylines wouldn't always work, but sometimes the changes made in adaptations tend to be generic
    I personally don't feel like the examples mentioned are good examples of generic changes

I mean, Professor Hulk was a generic thing. Yes it happened in other media, but in the end he didn't do anything that Banner couldn't have done. Including putting on the gauntlet. And if he had been brute Hulk at the end, he might have had a greater impact on the final fight.
    Last edited by green_garnish; 03-08-2021 at 06:46 PM.

I’d like to see some movies like that!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I’d like to see some movies like that!
    Well it would certainly avoid the need for spoiler tags...