Fantastic Member

Default In the Movies, if Amazons Went To War With The Atlanteans, They Must Be Metas!

Before and after, Atlanteans were already more advanced magically and technologically even before Aquaman came about. There is no way in hell they would have been able to fend off advanced Atlantean technology when they already had difficult with WW2 Nazis.

Yes, they did fight Darkseid's forces earlier on, but then again, the Atlanteans were there, a GL and more importantly, the Gods of Olympus, along with King Atlan.

No Amazon training would have been enough to let them win against a technologically advanced warrior society.

Well some version basically treat them as demi-goddesses. They're more than just skilled warriors in most versions, they're also superhuman. Whether that is by birthright or by divine blessings... it's there.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think they could probably take on Atlanteans on land. They had problems with the Nazis because they werent expecting guns and never encountered those before. I'd expect that their bracers are able to deflect attacks just as Diana can.

Didn't Snyder want the Amazons to be offshoots of Kryptionians at some point?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think they could probably take on Atlanteans on land. They had problems with the Nazis because they werent expecting guns and never encountered those before. I'd expect that their bracers are able to deflect attacks just as Diana can.

But their war with the parademons earlier on should have prepared them with much more advanced weaponry. And I have no doubt any amazon would be a better fighter than the average Atlantean or Parademon, but technology does make a big difference. Antiope, the best of the warriors, could not even dodge the bullet; fairly slow projectile by energy weapon standards. Hence, I think the Synder version of the amazons are more powerful than what Patty had.

But who knows...Perhaps the Amazons have something up their sleeves we don't know about...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    But their war with the parademons earlier on should have prepared them with much more advanced weaponry. And I have no doubt any amazon would be a better fighter than the average Atlantean (except in Water and I highly doubt the amazons had the capability to bring the war in the oceans) or Parademon, but technology does make a big difference. Antiope, the best of the warriors, could not even dodge the bullet; fairly slow projectile by energy weapon standards. Hence, I think the Synder version of the amazons are more powerful than what Patty had.

But who knows...Perhaps the Amazons have something up their sleeves we don't know about...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

I hope not. Greek mythology is so rich that is not even necessary...to make them Superhuman is not a stretch. There are the Primordial gods, the Titans, the Oympians, and all their host of children. I have always been a proponent that every Amazon should be just as powerful as WW, with restrictions and without her lasso and the quality of her bracelets and Tiara (but they have something close Amazonium). I don't even want WW to be no. 1 on everthing from sword fighting, archery, etc. I only want amazons to have this power while in PI though, and they can only maintain this power outside PI for a shorr time so we don't want lots of amazons running around the DCU. This way, WW winning the contest is really unique because although she may not be no. 1 on everything, she is second best to everyone, which does make her no. 1, still human and more interesting.

If given the choice, I would have preferred the Amazons to be created by Themis; Goddess of Justice..which makes more sense with their moral sense of piece..and hence why the city is named Themysicira, with Athena Aphrodite and Artemis (the Triple A goddesses) helping with the creation with their gifts, and Hestia and Demeter will be the added extra for Diana. Cassie will be the daughter of Hercules and Antiope, and Donna will the warrior-mystic of PI.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    That wasn't Snyder. It was a fan on Batman-On-Film who was just thinking out loud while reporting some WW related rumors and the internet took that as fact and ran with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    I hope not. Greek mythology is so rich that is not even necessary...to make them Superhuman is not a stretch. There are the Primordial gods, the Titans, the Oympians, and all their host of children. I have always been a proponent that every Amazon should be just as powerful as WW, with restrictions and without her lasso and the quality of her bracelets and Tiara (but they have something close Amazonium). I don't even want WW to be no. 1 on everthing from sword fighting, archery, etc. I only want amazons to have this power while in PI though, and they can only maintain this power outside PI for a shorr time so we don't want lots of amazons running around the DCU. This way, WW winning the contest is really unique because although she may not be no. 1 on everything, she is second best to everyone, which does make her no. 1, still human and more interesting.

If given the choice, I would have preferred the Amazons to be created by Themis; Goddess of Justice..which makes more sense with their moral sense of piece..and hence why the city is named Themysicira, with Athena Aphrodite and Artemis (the Triple A goddesses) helping with the creation with their gifts, and Hestia and Demeter will be the added extra for Diana. Cassie will be the daughter of Hercules and Antiope, and Donna will the warrior-mystic of PI.
    Well the DC version of Hercules's labors... has it that he took more than just Hippolyta's girdle.... And also... some version say Hipplolyta is a daughter of Ares... yeah the idea that some or all of the Amazons are demi-goddesses suddenly becomes more likely.

I mean in some versions the girdle is suppose to make the Amazons unbeatable also. I would also say that the Island could have given the Amazons their power. BY that since the Island is shown to magic. The Amazons were able to tap into that magic