Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The leader will be called Cyclops Lass
    Really? That sounds like a thing Jay Ediden would’ve come up with.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, there had to be a female equivalent to the Cyclops in mythology to avoid a disaster like "Cyclops Lass".
    If they hook up with the luchador, I'll laugh.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Sounds awful to me still. I’ll wait to read the summary on Wednesday here.

I have to say I like Vita’s New Mutants, but this doesn’t interest me at all.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Sounds awful to me still. I’ll wait to read the summary on Wednesday here.
    agreed. I'm not sure how this pitch ever saw the light of day. I think it wouldn't not have come across so cringy to me if these characters were not virtual photocopies of existing xmen.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed. I'm not sure how this pitch ever saw the light of day. I think it wouldn't not have come across so cringy to me if these characters were not virtual photocopies of existing xmen.
    It’s like the X version of Young Avengers... the only difference is that we don’t need kids to emulate the X-men since we have a slew of youngsters that are unique.

At least Young Avengers took this emulation of the Avengers and created some unique and special characters that most had ties to the Avengers.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    It’s like the X version of Young Avengers... the only difference is that we don’t need kids to emulate the X-men since we have a slew of youngsters that are unique.

At least Young Avengers took this emulation of the Avengers and created some unique and special characters that most had ties to the Avengers.
    Young Avengers mostly worked due to the plot twists.
    "Cable was right!"

I like the concept, it really expand the x-men world. But I also think it doesnt really work that well

This did not excite me at all for the title.

I hope it hits for its target audience.

I haven’t learned enough about any of this to outright bash it. I’ll pick it up and see what it reads like. Can’t hurt to give it a chance.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I thought this was touted as Vita's big idea that was pitched? This is totally the opposite. I like the art but I still can't stand the dialogue, character designs or junk like "night-nightcrawler". Also, this kid is 12 years old? Shouldn't Wolverine be throwing a fit and splitting the X-Men in two over this?
    The last time he did that his kids were in combat MORE than the supposed 'Child Soldier Guy' so maybe he's holding back so as not to make things worse again?

Seriously, Schism was stupid on multiple levels, but the BIGGEST one has to be allowing things on panel to be the exact opposite of what the text bubbles were claiming.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm sure that's not actually meant to be the case, but the way this interview went it kinda ended up feeling like Vita being constantly like "I didn't come up with any of this!!! Judge me for the execution not the concept!!!" lol.
    Considering most openly expressed expectations for the title have been about hoping to have the official premise subverted in some way, while the idea of said premise being played straight has been met with negativity, it would be understandable if they want to not have the blame fall on them alone if either of these concepts is the one the actual readers get angry about. Because that's the problem with all the pre-release reactions. We don't know how much it actual reflects the potential readership.

Basicly if the concept is played straight and the majority of readers dislike it. "Sorry, that was the best i could do with the premise given."
    And if it's subverted and the actual readers wanted to have the premise played straight. "Sorry we really thought it would be a good way to suprise everyone."

However we indeed don't know if that's the intention of their interview, or if it only feels that way because of all the speculation and negativity the title recieved before release. The many delays certainly didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Really? That sounds like a thing Jay Ediden would’ve come up with.
    As nickname for a one-shot character in an ExplainTheXmen perhaps, but not as actualy name for a new character in an official comic, i think he would do better.

Though i have to admit, names like Nighty Nightcrawler and Cyclop Lass remind me to the awkwardness that was the Super Young Team over at DC comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    As nickname for a one-shot character in an ExplainTheXmen perhaps, but not as actualy name for a new character in an official comic, i think he would do better.
    Oh I definitely agree. I wasn't trying to besmirch his good name. I read that Marvel Snapshot issue he did and really liked it.

BANNED

Maybe the XBabies will show up and school these sad sacks.

I gotta say, I really don't like the X-Babies. They've never felt right. From their first appearance to their most recent they have come off as corny to me.

Mighty Member

I think I’d rather have them than this title. Vita can write them.