Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Oh I definitely agree. I wasn't trying to besmirch his good name. I read that Marvel Snapshot issue he did and really liked it.
    It does sound like a nickname fans or reviewers would come up with for a character if they resembled or were themed after existing characters. Or at least what an observer might think said culture would create.
    Which might be the point. An attempt at highlighting the character to be an in universe reflection of the real life fandom. But it also runs the high risk of either being seen as awkward attempt at trying to be "in touch" with said target audience or trying to immitate them in the fictional universe and missing the mark.

While this can work, see the current Miss Marvel, it can also easily end up making the characters look too forced or awkward. Again though. Though perhaps that IS the point too?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm sure that's not actually meant to be the case, but the way this interview went it kinda ended up feeling like Vita being constantly like "I didn't come up with any of this!!! Judge me for the execution not the concept!!!" lol.
    I can't really blame them. The vitriol flung at this book on social media and even these boards has been massive. I've seen videos posted about it divert from insulting the book to insulting Vita's own identity too.

I originally wasn't going to check it out but Vita has earned enough good will after New Mutants that I'll give it a try.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

The concept sounds pretty terrible to be honest and the names are cringe-worthy.

I like Vita's writing on New Mutants though and Bernard Chang's art is always a joy to behold so it might still be worth a shot. But if there isn't a Thunderbolts-style reveal at the end of the first issue and the title is REALLY about X-Men fanboys/girls who happen to have the same powers as some of the most famous mutants... I really don't see this lasting very long.

Everything about this makes me feel like we're in for a big twist on Wednesday. Vita says in the interview the names are meant to be kinda hokey. An editor approached Vita with this idea, so it seems like it must be something baked into the X-Line in some way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Was that a duck in the preview art?

I don't know the context, but I want to find out.
    That was captain goose betsy. Shes from the reality were the UK is made of goose

No offense meant to Vita, and I'm sure the interviewer was just trying to sound nice, but has anyone seriously been dying to read this title?
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm sure that's not actually meant to be the case, but the way this interview went it kinda ended up feeling like Vita being constantly like "I didn't come up with any of this!!! Judge me for the execution not the concept!!!" lol.
    Poor Vita's gonna take all of the reactionary heat.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

In the grand scheme of this Krakoan Era...kids playing mutant dress-up does not seem...seem...to bring anything interesting and meaningful to the over-all game. (It's too early to tell, either way).
    Sure...for its very nature the CotA was and will be heavily scrutinised and it won't necessarily be because of Vita's talent. Once New Mutants continues to do well, creatively, they will be fine.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I want to give this book a chance but i find it very hard to understand that importance of it and im probably one of the target audiences �� it just seems so unnecessary now. But i will buy and support it regardless lol
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Fantastic Member

betting on this falls apart faster than Fallen Angels .... it's probably going to be worse too. at least Fallen Angels had interesting characters but bad execution and story

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    betting on this falls apart faster than Fallen Angels .... it's probably going to be worse too. at least Fallen Angels had interesting characters but bad execution and story
    yeah i'm not going to best against that lol. i can't be less excited for any book

Yeah, she was making it very clear that most of this wasn’t even her idea... Just in case it fails based on concept alone. So what happens if it turns out to be another fan-favorite hit like Hellions? I’m looking forward to this book because it’s something different and new. Hopefully it’s good.

I can't for the X-community for CoTA go "wait this isn't that bad" to "Hey I like this" to "No No, You can't cancel this book" because that pretty much always happens.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-09-2021 at 02:11 AM.

BANNED

I'm hoping for an Avengers Arena twist where they all die!

Hard pass on this book.