Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Questions on the Batman sections of Infinite Frontier #0

Quick question(s) on Infinite Frontier #0:

On the two-page spread where they were showing several of the Batman-connected characters,

there was this panel:

Who is this severe-looking person that appears to be a cross between the Penguin and Jim Corrigan?
    I'm hoping it's not how they're depicting Leslie Thompkins these days!

Also, is it just me, or was that Harley Quinn channeling Bette Davis from "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane"?

Can't be Leslie, I remember her from Tynion's Punchline one-shot and the clownhunter that looks nothing like the woman here. Unless Jorge Jiminez is not good at drawing her, it feels off.

Like here is Leslie in Punchline, looks nothing alike

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I thought that was just some random congresswoman slash mayor slash whoever's in charge of any government body but dammit the hair color's the same. Brown with a white streak.

She's just older, put on more weight, and the nose... overall, she kinda looks like a younger version of her original appearance in the 70s

DetComics457_5d2676be15c613.52097764.jpg

I think it's her.

I don't mind the face or the build, she carries an aura of strength. I mind the hair. It's too trendy

About Harley I did think with that hair she looks like someone from the black and white era, but I was thinking more Lucille Ball since she's comedy
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-08-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Quick question(s) on Infinite Frontier #0:

On the two-page spread where they were showing several of the Batman-connected characters,

there was this panel:

Who is this severe-looking person that appears to be a cross between the Penguin and Jim Corrigan?
    I'm hoping it's not how they're depicting Leslie Thompkins these days!

Also, is it just me, or was that Harley Quinn channeling Bette Davis from "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane"?
    No idea who she is, but can anybody tell me who we're seeing in the panel between Nightwing and Punchline?

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    No idea who she is, but can anybody tell me who we're seeing in the panel between Nightwing and Punchline?
    Damian. Arriving on a ship, heading to Markovia.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I thought that was just some random congresswoman slash mayor slash whoever's in charge of any government body but dammit the hair color's the same. Brown with a white streak.

She's just older, put on more weight, and the nose... overall, she kinda looks like a younger version of her original appearance in the 70s

DetComics457_5d2676be15c613.52097764.jpg

I think it's her.

I don't mind the face or the build, she carries an aura of strength. I mind the hair. It's too trendy
    By the way, the image you posted doesn't show any brown hair.
    That's just an ugly old-lady hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Damian. Arriving on a ship, heading to Markovia.
    That would be a strange choice. Markovia's place on the map has changed over time, but it was never connected to the sea as far as I'm aware.

That would be a strange choice. Markovia's place on the map has changed over time, but it was never connected to the sea as far as I'm aware.
    He could be taking a boat to some place closer to Markovia and then transferring to transportation not as obvious as a commercial airliner?

By the way, the image you posted doesn't show any brown hair.
    That's just an ugly old-lady hat.
    Oh no, I was talking about the hair in Punchline and Infinite Frontier being the same brown with white streak.

He could be taking a boat to some place closer to Markovia and then transferring to transportation not as obvious as a commercial airliner?
    Yes, I imagine him taking a boat from Gotham to Europe first

He could, but I think this is just a strange way to tease what Damian is doing.
    Why not make a panel that makes it more clear who we're seeing and what he's doing.
    I'm not questioning that this is Damian, I just don't think this was a good choice.

Astonishing Member

I wondered who this lady is as well. Most of these folks are turning up in a few places and are central to the expansive plot of Tynion-Gotham. In the wake of Batman Urban Legends today we saw a dash of Penguin and what he's dealing with, and a few of the others. We saw Damian last week go to Markovia. We've seen various. I'm certain we'll know who this severe woman is within probably March's releases. But yeah, no joke about the Cobblepot-by-Corrigan-Only-a-Woman comparison.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Incredible Member

I'm not sure how yet but all the focus on Sean Mahoney seems to be *******phing a swerve where he's responsible for the gas attack, not Joker.

Who is Catwoman fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I'm not sure how yet but all the focus on Sean Mahoney seems to be *******phing a swerve where he's responsible for the gas attack, not Joker.
    I don't believe he's involved in that, especially since the dude was pretty selfless. If anything Scarecrow might fit the bill more working with the creator of Magistrate and turning things in his favour, or hell maybe it was Bane's plan all along to somehow get out of Arkham knowing he'd appear dead to everyone having possible immunity. All signs point to Mahoney being Peacemaker 01, especially looking at him in Future State.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who is Catwoman fighting?
    I almost want to say Joker's Daughter. But that doesn't make a whole lotta sense. Near the end of Jason's solo run, she was "made sane", and after talking it out with Jason and Artemis, re-united with her family.