Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    10,026
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

  2. #2
    Mighty Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,956

    Default

    Seems as though Spencer is wrapping up a lot of previous plots, and it looks like he’s doing it quickly too. First Kingpin and now Chameleon. Looks like he might want out by #100 so is getting through stories faster with these one shots.

  3. #3
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    694

    Default

    As someone who has always liked the Chameleon (he has had some good stories over the years) I have to say I am looking forward to this

  4. #4
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Huh, I wonder if Otto is gonna be showing up for this or is coming to Spencer's run soon? Seems like just about everyone on that cover has been involved to some degree in Spencer's run and the non-Kindred plotlines, maybe the rest will show up as part of this plotline.

  5. #5
    Incredible Member Spidey_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    577

    Default

    It's nice the Chameleon has been getting some love, I'm not a fan of 2 months in a row of throwing out giant size books for stories that should probably be in the main book, though. Seems like a thing to me if things were managed better and maybe things like Last Remains didn't go on for like 12 parts with all the tie-ins they wouldn't have to do stuff like this.

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Seems as though Spencer is wrapping up a lot of previous plots, and it looks like he’s doing it quickly too. First Kingpin and now Chameleon. Looks like he might want out by #100 so is getting through stories faster with these one shots.
    might be the plan actually. What other storylines are left after these 2?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  7. #7
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Huh, I wonder if Otto is gonna be showing up for this or is coming to Spencer's run soon? Seems like just about everyone on that cover has been involved to some degree in Spencer's run and the non-Kindred plotlines, maybe the rest will show up as part of this plotline.
    let him remain in time out
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  8. #8
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    10,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    It's nice the Chameleon has been getting some love, I'm not a fan of 2 months in a row of throwing out giant size books for stories that should probably be in the main book, though. Seems like a thing to me if things were managed better and maybe things like Last Remains didn't go on for like 12 parts with all the tie-ins they wouldn't have to do stuff like this.
    are you implying that good comics are more important than anniversary dates, money gauging, and bloated storylines
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

  9. #9
    Incredible Member Spidey_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    are you implying that good comics are more important than anniversary dates, money gauging, and bloated storylines
    Yeah it's a radical idea I know lmao.

  10. #10
    Ultimate Member Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,568

    Default

    I wonder why Marvel's releasing it this way. They would probably make more money with two issues of Amazing Spider-Man than one giant-sized special.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  11. #11
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Is there a chance there's some big (earth shattering/Secret Wars class/status quo-changing) Marvel event coming up in the near future and Spencer is trying to get some stuff off the table before that event and the status quo change? Otherwise, this seems a little silly to have two giant size specials in such rapid succession.

    Oh, hmm, other idea - No Way Home comes out in the December, and two giant sized specials buys 4 issues of time*. Just to spitball: if there are no more Specials after King's Ransom and Chameleon Conspiracy, that'd put issue 75 out in September (let's say that's the end of a big Mephisto arc) and then there's whatever the post-Mephisto status quo is as the book Marvel wants on the stands when the movie is out. This would not be that different from rushing Superior's ending to get ASM back on the stands for whichever SM movie that was, just a better implementation.

    *The Specials are in addition to the twice monthly shipping and seem giant sized, so they each move the story forward by a month
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  12. #12
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    10,026

    Default

    The 60th anniversary of AF #15 is next year.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

  13. #13
    Mighty Member chachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,025

    Default

    ASM is going Weekly in June with 3 regular issues and then the Giant sized finale. Story is up on Newsrama.

  14. #14
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    ASM is going Weekly in June with 3 regular issues and then the Giant sized finale. Story is up on Newsrama.
    Weekly ASM and the Giant Sized conclusion to Chameleon is another hint that Spencer is coming to the end of his run, and he wants to leave nothing behind such as plot holes and to use as many characters as possible before going. Chance ( who is meh to me), Jack O’Lantern and the Foreigner in a Chameleon story are the latest example of this. Who and what are still left? Kindred/OMD plus Mysterio possibly Otto, Dillion, Kingsley and Sandman. I would also mention Vulture is still a possibility as well. I am happy to see Theresa back and would like to see Theresa finally meet Aunt May.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 03-08-2021 at 06:41 PM.

  15. #15
    Incredible Member xpyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Okay so besides Kingpin, Chameleon and Kindred, what other plots are left?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •