Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Seems as though Spencer is wrapping up a lot of previous plots, and it looks like he’s doing it quickly too. First Kingpin and now Chameleon. Looks like he might want out by #100 so is getting through stories faster with these one shots.

Incredible Member

As someone who has always liked the Chameleon (he has had some good stories over the years) I have to say I am looking forward to this

Fantastic Member

Huh, I wonder if Otto is gonna be showing up for this or is coming to Spencer's run soon? Seems like just about everyone on that cover has been involved to some degree in Spencer's run and the non-Kindred plotlines, maybe the rest will show up as part of this plotline.

It's nice the Chameleon has been getting some love, I'm not a fan of 2 months in a row of throwing out giant size books for stories that should probably be in the main book, though. Seems like a thing to me if things were managed better and maybe things like Last Remains didn't go on for like 12 parts with all the tie-ins they wouldn't have to do stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Seems as though Spencer is wrapping up a lot of previous plots, and it looks like he’s doing it quickly too. First Kingpin and now Chameleon. Looks like he might want out by #100 so is getting through stories faster with these one shots.
    might be the plan actually. What other storylines are left after these 2?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Huh, I wonder if Otto is gonna be showing up for this or is coming to Spencer's run soon? Seems like just about everyone on that cover has been involved to some degree in Spencer's run and the non-Kindred plotlines, maybe the rest will show up as part of this plotline.
    let him remain in time out
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    It's nice the Chameleon has been getting some love, I'm not a fan of 2 months in a row of throwing out giant size books for stories that should probably be in the main book, though. Seems like a thing to me if things were managed better and maybe things like Last Remains didn't go on for like 12 parts with all the tie-ins they wouldn't have to do stuff like this.
    are you implying that good comics are more important than anniversary dates, money gauging, and bloated storylines

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    are you implying that good comics are more important than anniversary dates, money gauging, and bloated storylines
    Yeah it's a radical idea I know lmao.

I wonder why Marvel's releasing it this way. They would probably make more money with two issues of Amazing Spider-Man than one giant-sized special.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Is there a chance there's some big (earth shattering/Secret Wars class/status quo-changing) Marvel event coming up in the near future and Spencer is trying to get some stuff off the table before that event and the status quo change? Otherwise, this seems a little silly to have two giant size specials in such rapid succession.

Oh, hmm, other idea - No Way Home comes out in the December, and two giant sized specials buys 4 issues of time*. Just to spitball: if there are no more Specials after King's Ransom and Chameleon Conspiracy, that'd put issue 75 out in September (let's say that's the end of a big Mephisto arc) and then there's whatever the post-Mephisto status quo is as the book Marvel wants on the stands when the movie is out. This would not be that different from rushing Superior's ending to get ASM back on the stands for whichever SM movie that was, just a better implementation.

*The Specials are in addition to the twice monthly shipping and seem giant sized, so they each move the story forward by a month
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

The 60th anniversary of AF #15 is next year.

ASM is going Weekly in June with 3 regular issues and then the Giant sized finale. Story is up on Newsrama.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    ASM is going Weekly in June with 3 regular issues and then the Giant sized finale. Story is up on Newsrama.
    Weekly ASM and the Giant Sized conclusion to Chameleon is another hint that Spencer is coming to the end of his run, and he wants to leave nothing behind such as plot holes and to use as many characters as possible before going. Chance ( who is meh to me), Jack O’Lantern and the Foreigner in a Chameleon story are the latest example of this. Who and what are still left? Kindred/OMD plus Mysterio possibly Otto, Dillion, Kingsley and Sandman. I would also mention Vulture is still a possibility as well. I am happy to see Theresa back and would like to see Theresa finally meet Aunt May.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 03-08-2021 at 06:41 PM.

Incredible Member

Okay so besides Kingpin, Chameleon and Kindred, what other plots are left?