Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Anyone hoping he shows up in Armor Wars?

Extraordinary Member

See the first post

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    He’s recruited Tiger Shark before though
    In the 90s, when dealing with the faceless ones?

Yeah, they shared a common enemy then. If he's starting a purist movement to banish surface dwellers, Tiger Shark should be first on his hit list

Ultimate Member

Ah, Stingray and those Armor Wars, when Tony was huffing all the coke in the world...

"Gimme yer armor, it might be made of stolen Stark tech!"

"I made it out of *electrified shark cartilage,* is that an idea I stole from you? Do you have jellyfish running those repulsors?"

"Shut up!"

He’s recruited Tiger Shark before though
    Which makes no sense considering his long history with Tiger Shark.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I love Stingray! I know he's technically a 'water guy', but with a suit of armor that can fly, why can't he be more of a mainstream hero?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I love Stingray! I know he's technically a 'water guy', but with a suit of armor that can fly, why can't he be more of a mainstream hero?
    Because people like to stick to "main characters" and never give "secondary" characters a chance to shine.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

When I think of 'secondary' characters like Stingray, I always think about the Defenders #62. They had a recruitment drive, and truth be told, many of those heroes who showed up in that story were favorites of mine. Marvel didn't know what a grand collection of heroes with cool costumes by the way, that they had.

Stingray, Nova, Black Goliath, Iron Fist, Jack of Hearts, Torpedo, Polaris, Havok, Paladdin, White Tiger, Marvel Man, and let's not forget Captain Ultra! Tell me that isn't a team book you'd read?

Incredible Member

What about casting, I imagine they will probably do an open race or possibly even gender when it comes to him showing up in the MCU.

He won't make it to the MCU, he barely makes it to the 616 MU.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    There’s a good chance he’ll show up in Armor Wars.

Even the Swordsman is showing up in Hawkeye.

Ultimate Member

There’s a good chance he’ll show up in Armor Wars.

Even the Swordsman is showing up in Hawkeye.
    It would make sense that with an Armor Wars setup, they'll introduce armor suits such as seen in Iron Man 2, from various other factions trying to build their own 'Iron Man,' including other countries (Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo?) and rival corporations (ooh, the new Hammertech suit doesn't *always* blow up on the pad and cripple it's wearers! Sometimes it blows up 45 seconds later...) and whatnot, so an aquatic 'Stingray' suit designed for salvage and deep-sea rescue operations seems like a solid notion. It adds some variety to the various other colored Iron Man wannabes like Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo.

Then again, I could see it *not* making the cut, because they don't want to deal with expensive underwater filming sequences...

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I don't know...whenever they wind up introducing Namor, I could see Walter starting out in a supporting player capacity, similar to Rhodey or Monica Rambeau, before taking on a heroic mantle and becoming a serious utility player. I know there are some rights issues with Universal (or is it Paramount?) and Namor as far as him getting his own film, but I don't doubt there isn't the possibility of a Sony-like arrangement, should Namor prove to be a hit with viewers.