Fantastic Member

Default DBS Future Trunks vs. Super Perfect Cell

Who wins?

10char

All-New Member

Why gotta spite Cell so hard? Trunks blitzes and one-shots.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

DBS era Trunks was introduced as being powerful enough to give a Goku that was strong enough to swat Super Perfect Cell in passing a good go of it before Goku broke out God Ki, and was last seen being able to tap into something that seems to resemble God Ki enough to successfully bisect a peer of Super Saiyajin Blue Vegetto.

Super Perfect Cell don't want none of what DBS Trunks is bringing to the table, unless he has time to train and activate his Frieza genes, or learn how to tap into God Ki himself.

Trunks hit at least cell saga era Gohan level during his timeline's version of the Buu saga when he smoked Dabura, who was around Cell level, the upgrades he got during the Black saga wouldn't even be necessary. And manga version it'd be even worse since his SSJ2 was close to Goku's SSJ3(one instance where I prefer the anime version actually).

Yeah, Trunks takes this unless he acts badly OOC, like pulling a Vegeta or Goku. Trunks isn't even one to purposefully let a dangerous threat power up. He ends it ASAP.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    DBS era Trunks was introduced as being powerful enough to give a Goku that was strong enough to swat Super Perfect Cell in passing a good go of it before Goku broke out God Ki, and was last seen being able to tap into something that seems to resemble God Ki enough to successfully bisect a peer of Super Saiyajin Blue Vegetto.

Super Perfect Cell don't want none of what DBS Trunks is bringing to the table, unless he has time to train and activate his Frieza genes, or learn how to tap into God Ki himself.
    Kinda makes me wonder how powerful Cell'd be if he actually trained. He's got both Goku's and Frieza's genetics after all.

Pretty certain any Saiyan from Super can smoke Super Perfect Cell. Trunks at the beginning of the saga was already beyond Cell. He only got stronger since.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    Pretty certain any Saiyan from Super can smoke Super Perfect Cell. Trunks at the beginning of the saga was already beyond Cell. He only got stronger since.
    Goten and kid Trunks probably couldn't do it without fusing

For what it's worth, Trunks did kill Dabura - and Babidi - without too much apparent difficulty.

Granted, we don't know if his power level corresponded directly to the present timeline - after all, I seem to recall present 18 and 17 are much stronger than their future counterparts - but according to Vegeta and Gohan Dabura was about as strong as Perfect Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Goten and kid Trunks probably couldn't do it without fusing
    Probably not. Unfortunately we don't really see enough of them fighting individually to gauge.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    Probably not. Unfortunately we don't really see enough of them fighting individually to gauge.
    From what I recall, as of the Tarble movie Goten and Trunks were each stated to be about as strong as Namek-era Frieza since they were considered good matches for Avo and Cado who had each become as powerful as that version of Frieza.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    From what I recall, as of the Tarble movie Goten and Trunks were each stated to be about as strong as Namek-era Frieza since they were considered good matches for Avo and Cado who had each become as powerful as that version of Frieza.
    And though rare, Tarble, at the very least, is mentioned from time to time. Making that special, at the very least, canonical.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    - after all, I seem to recall present 18 and 17 are much stronger than their future counterparts -
    Trunks said that because he didn't know that he'd only seen half of the future Androids' power, since they were deliberately holding back. Only Future Gohan heard it from Future #17.

I feel sorry for Perfect Cell here. This is a no contest. Damn, I can't believe I wrote that.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."