Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I hope we get Al Ewing on more stuff.
    His Hulk book is wrapping up; he might well have more room on his plate for a new project.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hickman is good with plotting but he sucks at getting character voices write, so Im fine with him being in the background steering the ship and leaving the dialogue to other writers
    Eh, I wouldn't say that to replace it with Duggan. That guy was one of the reasons we had XoS "tournament" and Kid Cable. Hickman is not good with Jean but then again what he does best is rarity in comic book industry.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-09-2021 at 08:47 PM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    That'll clearly change down the line, or else XoS was for nothing.

Or maybe it'd take Nimrod for them to wake up to alliances.
    Arakko feels like a continuation of Hickman’s Ultimate plans with CotV being the children, Krakoa and Arakko being the Celestials and Eternals of Tian. He’ll probably bring in whatever long term plan he had for that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This is true, when he takes his time we get Fantastic Four, Secret Warriors, and HOX.

I just hope that he gets to give us his vision and not deviate it because of other writers.

I mean Aaron, Remender, and Slott really made Hickman's Avengers run kinda crazy. One second you have the classic team and all of a sudden you have Old Man Steve, SpOck, and Unworthy Thor
    Not to beat a dead horse, but you're right; he already had Slott take away whatever he had in mind for Franklin Richards (and I have low expectations for whatever Slott plans to do).

I find it disconcerting that Hickman is writing less and less of the major X-stories; first Howard on X of Swords and now Duggan...

Make me think something is afoot
    THIS!!! I find Duggan fanboyish, basic, and meandering in his plotting. Now he he's assuming most of the control of all the mutant groups? Something tells me this will be about lots of x-women, Scott, Magneto. And if he's not going to bait and switch, maybe iceman. Anyone else will be dressed up wallpaper. X-Men are already starting down that slide they were in all their books prior to Hickman saving them!

Astonishing Member

This is true, when he takes his time we get Fantastic Four, Secret Warriors, and HOX.

I just hope that he gets to give us his vision and not deviate it because of other writers.

I mean Aaron, Remender, and Slott really made Hickman's Avengers run kinda crazy. One second you have the classic team and all of a sudden you have Old Man Steve, SpOck, and Unworthy Thor
    One major difference between his time on the Avengers and his time on X-Men is that with X-Men he has a much larger creative input then he did on the Avengers. So hopefully that helps mitigate less interference.

Planet-size? I want the mutant nation to terraform the entire moon!!! Would be cool to have the moon fully colonized by mutants in the Marvel Universe.

I misread this initially and thought it was "Plant-sized X-Men" and thought "well that's definitely a new direction."
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I feel stupid that I do not understand the [part where they say: Twelve titles, twelve stories, all focused on a single night that will go down in Marvel Comics history. Stay tuned for more HELLFIRE GALA cover reveals, costume designs, variants covers, and more as the buildup to this major turning point in the saga of the X-Men begins!

Maybe that is because English is not my first language. Do they mean there will be 12 stories told in this one Planed Size issue? Or will it be a crosssover, starting with this issue and then followed upon in 12 different X-books?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I feel stupid that I do not understand the [part where they say: Twelve titles, twelve stories, all focused on a single night that will go down in Marvel Comics history. Stay tuned for more HELLFIRE GALA cover reveals, costume designs, variants covers, and more as the buildup to this major turning point in the saga of the X-Men begins!

Maybe that is because English is not my first language. Do they mean there will be 12 stories told in this one Planed Size issue? Or will it be a crosssover, starting with this issue and then followed upon in 12 different X-books?
    It will be the latter, the story will kick off in this one-shot and then continue in the 11 mutant titles Marvel will publish that month.

You're not the only one, that was my first thought as well - Planet sized = 12 stories. But I think it really means the latter.

Extraordinary Member

I also assumed that it was 12 stories in the one 'planet-sized' issue at first. It was only after seeing so many people talking about the '12 titles' that I went back and realized the wording made more sense if it was 12 different issues. They probably could have been clearer on that since quite a few of us seem to have come away with the wrong idea.

But each book having its own gala story makes it look like there's going to be someone from each book on the new X-Men team.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 03-10-2021 at 04:49 AM.

Planet Sized X-men is a great title
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I also assumed that it was 12 stories in the one 'planet-sized' issue at first. t was only after seeing so many people talking about the '12 titles' that I went back and realized the wording made more sense if it was 12 different issues. They probably could have been clearer on that since quite a few of us seem to have come away with the wrong away.

But each book having its own gala story makes it look like there's going to be someone from each book on the new X-Men team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    You're not the only one, that was my first thought as well - Planet sized = 12 stories. But I think it really means the latter.
    Glad to hear I am not the only one who was confused. I was starting to doubt myself. Thanks guys!!

REALLY LOVE THE COVER!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This highly anticipated comics event will unfold in issues of your favorite ongoing X-Men series as well as PLANET-SIZE X-MEN, a special double-sized one-shot from two of mutantkind’s most masterful creators: writer Gerry Duggan (MARAUDERS, SAVAGE AVENGERS) and artist Pepe Larraz (HOUSE OF X). The HELLFIRE GALA rages on in one of the most pivotal chapters yet in Jonathan Hickman’s X-Men era. But even bigger things are afoot a world away…

The One-Shot is also slated for a 16th June release...I don't think it kicks off of the Gala story.

It's in the middle of the month which means there should be two weeks of books/HG stories prior to the one shot.
    Also...
    They specifically don't use the word "crossover" in the press release which makes me think it's not a crossover in the true sense. All the books are telling their own individual stories centred around the HG night but they may not necessarily tie-in to each other (like XoS) from one issue to the next.
    (just my interpretation of the article, I could be wrong)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-10-2021 at 05:04 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!