Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She was resurrected back to her 23 year old body on Krakoa by the Five.

I’d do the same thing if I were her.
    Haha true!

Despite all my joking, I actually do like the Marvel Girl dress, especially when drawn by Larraz. I don't want Jean to be stuck with it permanently, but I'm enjoying it for the time being. And it's not a matter of nostalgia, because I wasn't alive when she originally wore it.

So the X-men are taking Mars in addition to the Moon, huh? I'm kinda curious as to how humans will react to the news. Sure, Elon Musk will be pissed, but will the rhetoric become "OMG mutants are starting an empire, let's stop them!" or will it be "Just get off OUR planet already, we're happy to see you leave!"
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Incredible Member

Planet sized state dinner with delegates from across the world? Ya'll can bet that Mikhail Rasputin is going to attend and **** up everyone's ****.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I find it disconcerting that Hickman is writing less and less of the major X-stories; first Howard on X of Swords and now Duggan...

Make me think something is afoot

Didn't he and JDW both say he tends to be late on scripts and he's kind of 'Head of X'.

I think he's delegating and doing what works for him.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I find it disconcerting that Hickman is writing less and less of the major X-stories; first Howard on X of Swords and now Duggan...

Make me think something is afoot
    Hickman is good with plotting but he sucks at getting character voices write, so Im fine with him being in the background steering the ship and leaving the dialogue to other writers

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    While the gala is on the way, Planet-Size X-Men 01 might just feature the four Omegas terraforming Mars as the new Krakoan/Mutant outpost...hence the name.
    Hence planet sized.
    That was my first thought too, particularly with the red background.

Hickman already stole a lot from Dune.
    Mutants expanding into space may end up as one of the most important solutions for mutant kind to survive war with machines. Classic Dune.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Didn't he and JDW both say he tends to be late on scripts and he's kind of 'Head of X'.

I think he's delegating and doing what works for him.
    Do you think eventually he will completely step back and only be the Head of X, for me, I love his writing and I would be pretty disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    So the X-men are taking Mars in addition to the Moon, huh? I'm kinda curious as to how humans will react to the news. Sure, Elon Musk will be pissed, but will the rhetoric become "OMG mutants are starting an empire, let's stop them!" or will it be "Just get off OUR planet already, we're happy to see you leave!"
    So they are using Remender ideas now? LOL

Duggan is so bad, really no excited for this

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Hickman already stole a lot from Dune.
    Mutants expanding into space may end up as one of the most important solutions for mutant kind to survive war with machines. Classic Dune.
    Remender also had this idea for X-men before Hickman. It's clear Dune ingluence on Hickman's ideas
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-09-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Curios if anyone has written about the similarities between Dawn of X and Dune.

I loved Duggan’s Uncanny Avengers run with Rogue, Deadpool and real Cable. Hope we get that Duggan on this.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Do you think eventually he will completely step back and only be the Head of X, for me, I love his writing and I would be pretty disappointed
    Nah, he definitely won’t step down. We might not get a second ongoing or stuff like another round of Giant-Size issues but I’m confident he’ll stick with his story (even if it takes a couple years).

My immediate thought is that the purpose of mutants expanding out into space is to reconnect the X-Men franchise with galactic Marvel.

It's somewhat ironic that a decade ago, this was treated like a way to abandon Lorna, Rachel and Havok off in space. Further ironic that before the Fox merger, the idea of the X-Men going off to their own separate planet away from Earth seemed to be universally reviled. I suppose Marvel no longer trying to turn Inhumans into a replacement for the X-Men, and a massive amount of promotion into the franchise and Hickman taking over since 2019, changed the landscape for most people.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Nah, he definitely won’t step down. We might not get a second ongoing or stuff like another round of Giant-Size issues but I’m confident he’ll stick with his story (even if it takes a couple years).
    Fingers crossed