Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default DC’ characters' most powerful/most dangerous “claim”

I was reading a DC Comics presents issue and I saw a claim Superman made about Dr. Mist and it had me wondering if we were tally every statement of a character being the most powerful being on the planet or most dangerous. Who would be the contenders? Who would have the most claims? Any scans or issue references?

BANNED

For an example I’d list

1C04E687-A8F5-4EC4-A1F2-CC97875E944D.jpg
    DC Comics Presents issue 46

Giving Dr. Mist one tally

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

If I am remembering correctly in Superman/Batman (Loeb's run) Desaad or someone on Apokolips was trying to figure out how Superman flies and they discovered that:

Superman doesn't move around the universe, but the universe moves around Superman!

That would make him the MOST powerful being ever

Last edited by charliehustle415; 03-09-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batman - The most dangerous man on earth - said by Superman - Grant Morrison - JLA

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    If I am remembering correctly in Superman/Batman (Loeb's run) Desaad or someone on Apokolips was trying to figure out how Superman flies and they discovered that:

Superman doesn't move around the universe, but the universe moves around Superman!

Also Dr. Manhattan confirmed the Multiverse revolves around Superman in Doomsday Clock

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Batman - The most dangerous man on earth - said by Superman - Grant Morrison - JLA

Also Dr. Manhattan confirmed the Multiverse revolves around Superman in Doomsday Clock
    Any scans on the Batman thing.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I was hoping for a more direct claim or statement of a character being the most dangerous or most powerful being on the planet. Which the universe thing or theory of the world bending towards him or him bending it is great but not necessarily what I was looking for.

Something a kin to this scan from the New52
    081C9F92-4BE0-472A-A415-D30A91C2A6BF.jpg
    Superman Iss 7

Helspont in reference to Superman “A seeker to evaluate thralls I can cull from this world’s Metahuman population but it confirms there are none more powerful than he”

Or Throne of Atlantis where Aquaman stated this
    947BD18F-C529-4326-89A9-DC25B872B0ED.jpg
    “Superman is the most powerful being on the planet Orm, and you just pissed him off”

More directly using the term powerful or dangerous in reference to his placement on the planet as the top dog.

Nonetheless I enjoyed the Superman mentions I learned something off the Desaad scan.

I came into this thinking Superman would definitely win but any mentions for other characters? Or any more Superman mentions so far it would be

Superman: 2
    Batman: 1
    Dr. Mist: 1
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 03-09-2021 at 05:38 PM.

In Dark Knight Strikes Again Batman said Plastic Man is the most dangerous being in the world....if that means anything.

BANNED

I’ll definitely take elseworld claims as long as it’s DC Earth and they’re unamped

Plastic Man: 1

Probably not what you're looking for, but my all-time favorite would be Batman saying Kal-El is the greatest...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Any scans on the Batman thing.

I was hoping for a more direct claim or statement of a character being the most dangerous or most powerful being on the planet. Which the universe thing or theory of the world bending towards him or him bending it is great but not necessarily what I was looking for.

Something a kin to this scan from the New52
    081C9F92-4BE0-472A-A415-D30A91C2A6BF.jpg
    Superman Iss 7

Helspont in reference to Superman “A seeker to evaluate thralls I can cull from this world’s Metahuman population but it confirms there are none more powerful than he”

Or Throne of Atlantis where Aquaman stated this
    947BD18F-C529-4326-89A9-DC25B872B0ED.jpg
    “Superman is the most powerful being on the planet Orm, and you just pissed him off”

More directly using the term powerful or dangerous in reference to his placement on the planet as the top dog.

Nonetheless I enjoyed the Superman mentions I learned something off the Desaad scan.

I came into this thinking Superman would definitely win but any mentions for other characters? Or any more Superman mentions so far it would be

Nope. But it's in the middle of his first JLA arc. When the rest of the League was captured by White Martians

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    In Dark Knight Strikes Again Batman said Plastic Man is the most dangerous being in the world....if that means anything.
    I remember the one in Dark Nights Metal, which issue I forget, where he is considered the most powerful/dangerous weapon by Batman

Edited for content.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 03-10-2021 at 07:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Probably not what you're looking for, but my all-time favorite would be Batman saying Kal-El is the greatest...

Definitely a cool mention nonetheless
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I remember the one in Dark Nights Metal, which issue I forget, where he is considered the most powerful/dangerous weapon by Batman
    Depending on the phrasing I could definitely count that if it’s in relation to a every other Meta on Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Cool mention but not necessarily what I’m looking for. Though it could convincingly make either dangerous it’s not a straight up statement inferring it

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Cool mention but not necessarily what I’m looking for. Though it could convincingly make either dangerous it’s not a straight up statement inferring it
    Consider it gone.

BANNED

I forgot about this
    C63778F1-1D6E-4A6E-9086-3FC306D41540.jpg

Aquaman: 1

This is kind of a fun idea, since obviously in a lot of other threads and discussions across the internet, you see these kinds of claims being treated at totally face value. Tallying who has the most of them is a good way of keeping in perspective that, well, you can say that anyone is the smartest, most powerful, most dangerous, most resourceful, etc. person of all time, depending on the story. And within the context of each story, those claims are all individually true, even when contradictory.

I think it's neat!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

BANNED

Appreciate it I came into making this on the DC side expecting it to come down to Superman or J’onn maybe even Captain Atom but I could imagine in the several amount of comics that have been made at DC that their are a bunch of remarks on power or danger that are just glossed over when reading. I was genuinely curious to see how many I could come across and for how many characters that are kind of obscure or rarely seen that are given that type of credit. I was surprised that Dr. Mist was referred to as the most powerful person on the planet by Superman and that definitely contributed to the making of this thread. I think it’s definitely going to be contextual to I could see why the US Govt. would find someone like Aquaman a king of a foreign nation more dangerous than Batman or Superman. Or in a storyline like Tower of Babel I could understand why Batman would be regarded as the most dangerous.

It’s more of who reps the I’m the most powerful/dangerous claim the most though. The tally is a way to keep track.