Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Needed way more Catwoman, her TNBA design was horrid.

Loved what they did with barbara and adding more Batfam down the road.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    TNBA Tim has qualities of Jason on paper, but in reality he was much too short and spunky and not... "hardened" enough to be Jason. Yet still not really Tim.
    Depending on wich comics you read, short and spunky would also fit Jason as Robin.

I think Catwomans should have gotte some kind of Origin story.

Their version of Dick as Robin was also not that great, I really prefer "Tim" as Robin, ans I think wee have seen better Versions of Dick in other shows (young justice).

Incredible Member

Two-Face was very hit-and-miss; his best episodes in my opinion were the Two-Face 2-parter and Second Chances; as they focused on his and Bruce's friendship. All the other episodes treated him too much as a generic villain.

Penguin got the short-end of the stick in BTAS; outside of Birds of a Feather and maybe The Mechanic, his episodes left a lot to be desired. Heck I preferred his TNBA approach alot better.

Killer Croc... aw man, what did they do to ya buddy. outside of "Vendetta" and his opening moments in "Love is a Croc", they really did him a disservice.

Wish we had an extra 26 episodes of TNBA to explore more of the new status quo; more of Nightwing, Penguin's Iceberg Lounge, Two-Face's condition, Scarecrow's more terrifying persona. Heck they never gave Riddler an actual episode to shine.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

How overrated the series is, it's been shoved down our throats so much. Frustrating when something like "The Batman" is completely forgotten about, when imo the first couple of seasons is just as good as anything from TAS if not better.
    Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan; 03-10-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

I have always found it weird that... since BTAS is so revered by millions of cartoon fans and comics fans, why the 70's era it was based on has been under-represented in trade collections or reprints.

Heck they never gave Riddler an actual episode to shine.
    Riddler was horribly underused in the series and had one of the worst redesigns.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    How overrated the series is, it's been shoved down our throats so much. Frustrating when something like "The Batman" is completely forgotten about, when imo the first couple of seasons is just as good as anything from TAS if not better.
    The Batman definitely improved as it went on and deserves more credit than it gets, but those first couple seasons (especially 1) are pretty dire.

BTAS had its share of lousy episodes, but I would definitely put its best far above anything in The Batman's first couple seasons.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I would definitely change how Catwoman was used. Preferably by not having Bruce learn her identity right away and by having her be morally ambiguous at first and develop more selfless heroic qualities later. A shame too because her voice was always great and her design was great in the earlier episodes. I hated the TNBA design but I think the writing for her there was how she should have been earlier on. It's liked they flipped how her character arc should go.

I think she's the only villain on BTAS that is surpassed by a live action version for me (Pfeiffer). All the rest are either on par or better than their live action counterparts.

For TNBA, definitely wouldn't have ever done Bruce/Barbara. It would strictly remain Bruce/Selina (or whoever) and Dick/Barbara.
    I'd put Julie Newmar and Anne Hathaway ahead of TAS Catwoman as well.

Everything was great and nothing hurt.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Just putting it out there

Tom Hardy's Bane>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TAS Bane.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batman x Batgirl when she dated Dick. That's just gross.

That's about it honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post
    I'd put Julie Newmar and Anne Hathaway ahead of TAS Catwoman as well.
    Hmmm Eartha Kitt or Anna Hathaway? hmmmm... really hard to say which was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Riddler was horribly underused in the series and had one of the worst redesigns.
    I believe the writers said it was really hard for them to write Riddler episodes that did his intelligence justice, which is why there were so few of them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post
    Just putting it out there

Tom Hardy's Bane>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TAS Bane.
    It’s sad that his best appearance in animation was in a dream sequence that didn’t count.

If I can add something for the wider DCAU here, absolutely everything with Babs having a crush on Bruce... and especially the idea of him eventually reciprocating it. Partially because of how much Timm kept on going back to that well even after everyone told him they didn’t like it or respect it,
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Besides being blonde and being exposed too early, I never got people's issues with the B:TAS Selina. This is the show that introduced me to the character and got me to like the character and it also later paved the way for Cooke's run on Catwoman.

As for things I didn't like about the show:
    -Dumb muscle Bane. I think The Batman did a better Bane intro story than B:TAS.
    -Lackluster Nightwing. Show convinced me that being with the Titans is essential to his character arc.
    -Wobbly animation and uneven fight scenes.
    -Barbara could have been utilized more. Her being a librarian and her intelligence could have been played up more.
    -Firefly was eh. I prefer the 'The Batman' show version of him as a corporate saboteur.
    -Andrea Beaumont and Red Claw's sparse appearances.
    -The resolution to the Mudslide episode made Batman look like a villain. Dude, arrest Clayface after he cures himself.
    -Mr Freeze in Cold Comfort. At least the tie in comics and Batman Beyond made up for it.
    -Writers being blocked from using certain characters . They wanted to use Black Canary on the show but were told no. Same thing happened to Nocturna.
    Last edited by John Venus; 03-18-2021 at 08:02 AM.