Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

An exciting new beginning, indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It was a good first issue, I thoroughly enjoyed it and already am in love with Dianas new crush. Depending on how things play out, wouldnt mind him joining the greater DC world.
    I'm getting the feeling that they might be setting him up as the Norse God's (former?) champion, so if Asgard is saved, I could see him appear on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Based on the silhouette and the colors, the mystery person could be Deadman? Possibly? Also can we keep Siegfried, I already like him better than Steve.
    Deadman is a cool guess, but I think the person is somehow connected to the Olympus or the afterlife realms as a whole. Deadman seems too low-key to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    This was a refreshing change of pace! They nailed Diana's characterization pretty well and the art was fantastic for the first time since Janin's short stint. The interplay of action & humor was fun too. I wonder who it is that is trying to reach Diana in Valhalla? The large snowman creature in Valhalla with blue eyes w leads me to believe that is a version of the Blue Snowman transformed to fit into the Valhalla setting. I get the feeling we'll see more of Diana's rogues transformed to fit into the Gods Sphere as she takes her journey home.
    Blue Snowman is getting lots of action lately.
    I hope you are right about the rogues. Would fit with what Conrad said in the latest interview that there are a lot of things happening in the background.

This was a funny moment.

Wow Diana has never been this worldly and self aware her voice is different too. It's a little less "Mary had a little lamb" and I'm loving it. She sounds more like her golden and bronze age versions, who weren't above a wise crack, a put down, or a colorful colloquialism.

It all feels so brand new and like an epic beginning to grand journey.

Though for me Siegfried seems a little too good to be true. He's an impossibly charming as well as a mighty convenient guide and his gift of a magic sword lead to Diana's defeat. His death provides Diana's personal investment in the ongoing destruction of Asgard and forces her to try to save it. It's as if there's a clever manipulation going on behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Wow Diana has never been this worldly and self aware her voice is different too. It's a little less "Mary had a little lamb" and I'm loving it. She sounds more like her golden and bronze age versions, who weren't above a wise crack, a put down, or a colorful colloquialism.

It all feels so brand new and like an epic beginning to grand journey.

Though for me Siegfried seems a little too good to be true. He's an impossibly charming as well as a mighty convenient guide and his gift of a magic sword lead to Diana's defeat. His death provides Diana's personal investment in the ongoing destruction of Asgard and forces her to try to save it. It's as if there's a clever manipulation going on behind the scenes.
    I thought so, too! She seems to have the personality Marston intended her to have.

Have the same suspicions about Siegfried, also. That look in his eyes in the panel where he says, “Let me welcome you,” is rather cunning.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Incredible Member

I'd be fine if he turns out to be a bad guy but would be surprised after the writers had him not banging a drunk Diana.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I'd be fine if he turns out to be a bad guy but would be surprised after the writers had him not banging a drunk Diana.
    Yeah plus they race-bended him, if Siegfried was supposed to be evil, he almost certainly would be white ‘cause that’s where we are as a culture atm. Although this could also be a clue that he's not the real Siegfried...I'm leaning more towards the former though

The guy almost reminds me of Doctor Psycho in the guise of a normal proportioned man. Kinda like how he appeared to her in Odyssey.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-10-2021 at 03:42 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    I wonder why writers often shy away from Diana having a sex life. Would it have been so bad if she and Siegfried had done it? (I would have!)

Overall, it was a very solid start to what I hope will be a good story. The writing was great & art was stunning.
    Shippers are crazy, I wouldn’t want to enter that minefield either lmao.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I thought so, too! She seems to have the personality Marston intended her to have.

Have the same suspicions about Siegfried, also. That look in his eyes in the panel where he says, “Let me welcome you,” is rather cunning.
    I'm a Steve stan but damned if I wouldn't be fine with Diana getting welcomed by Siggy. Multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Yeah plus they race-bended him, if Siegfried was supposed to be evil, he almost certainly would be white ‘cause that’s where we are as a culture atm. Although this could also be a clue that he's not the real Siegfried...I'm leaning more towards the former though
    ...wat

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm a Steve stan but damned if I wouldn't be fine with Diana getting welcomed by Siggy. Multiple times.
    Ha HA! Same. Steve is my number one, but a rival like Siggy (if he’s not treacherous) is something I could get behind.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Yeah, I think something's up with Siegfried.

I brought this up in the Villains thread but I also think that Viking who "killed" Diana might be a disguised Gundra.

You are aware that this Siegfried is still white right.

There isn't this thing of only white people can be villains. New Superman tv show has black villains, even Black Lightining tv show

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

You do know Siegfried is a Norse/German folk hero, they obviously made a point of painting his skin dark which they generally only do to good guys, never the other way around. Although perhaps Siggy’s not who he says he is…we shall find out soon I guess

He doesn't look white to me, more Latino or Middle Eastern. He's certainly not what you'd expect from Norse and continental Germanic legend. So I get what VonHammersmark is saying about the race bend but that could be another red herring.

In the Golden Age Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor were fighting Nazis in Germany when Gundra captured them and took them to Valhalla. In legend Siegfried died because of his wife and her name was Gudrun.

As an aside it's interesting to me that for her trip to the Golden Realm of Asgard Diana chose to spin into only silver.

Whatever is happening it's nice researching and speculating and that adds another layer to this fun introductory story. That hasn't happened for me since Rucka.