Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    You do know Siegfried is a Norse/German folk hero, they obviously made a point of painting his skin dark which they generally only do to good guys, never the other way around. Although perhaps Siggy’s not who he says he is…we shall find out soon I guess
    They've been race swapping Lex Luthor lately.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    He doesn't look white to me, more Latino or Middle Eastern. He's certainly not what you'd expect from Norse and continental Germanic legend. So I get what VonHammersmark is saying about the race bend but that could be another red herring.

In the Golden Age Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor were fighting Nazis in Germany when Gundra captured them and took them to Valhalla. In legend Siegfried died because of his wife and her name was Gudrun.

As an aside it's interesting to me that for her trip to the Golden Realm of Asgard Diana chose to spin into only silver.

Whatever is happening it's nice researching and speculating and that adds another layer to this fun introductory story. That hasn't happened for me since Rucka.
    Ooh, that's interesting.

A Norse arc and this tidbit, plus the creators reading a lot of Golden Age comics, this HAS to mean Gundra will show up

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    He doesn't look white to me, more Latino or Middle Eastern. He's certainly not what you'd expect from Norse and continental Germanic legend. So I get what VonHammersmark is saying about the race bend but that could be another red herring.

In the Golden Age Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor were fighting Nazis in Germany when Gundra captured them and took them to Valhalla. In legend Siegfried died because of his wife and her name was Gudrun.

As an aside it's interesting to me that for her trip to the Golden Realm of Asgard Diana chose to spin into only silver.

Whatever is happening it's nice researching and speculating and that adds another layer to this fun introductory story. That hasn't happened for me since Rucka.
    Yeah it's been a while since WW had a mystery.

Spooooky

I liked how they had Thor look as opposite of the Marvel version as they could.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Yeah it's been a while since WW had a mystery.

Spooooky
    Well, we did have the relatively recent one of Diana's brother.

It's just no one asked that question and even less after we got the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    You do know Siegfried is a Norse/German folk hero, they obviously made a point of painting his skin dark which they generally only do to good guys, never the other way around. Although perhaps Siggy’s not who he says he is…we shall find out soon I guess
    His skin isn't dark, just golden

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It was a very strong issue indeed. There were a couple of things that didn't feel right in her speech like she said "huh" far too much. Then on the page where she's leaving Ratatosk saying "yeah I fight" and the main thing that felt far too much not like Diana were her uses of "where the hell". That being said though it was a very good issue.
    The art tho was exquisite. Hints of Adam Hughes mixed with Greg Land. Outside of Orlando and Ruckas runs....one of the best so far.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Siggy looks like he's played by Santiago Cabrera, who played Lancelot in BBC's Merlin. Instantly that's the one I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It was a very strong issue indeed. There were a couple of things that didn't feel right in her speech like she said "huh" far too much. Then on the page where she's leaving Ratatosk saying "yeah I fight" and the main thing that felt far too much not like Diana were her uses of "where the hell". That being said though it was a very good issue.
    The art tho was exquisite. Hints of Adam Hughes mixed with Greg Land. Outside of Orlando and Ruckas runs....one of the best so far.
    It was bit off to me also but honestly, one thing I've gotten tired of in recent years is writers having Diana speak overly-formal so I didn't mind it too much as a change of pace.

I'm hoping they go as mythologically arcuate as possible with Ragnarök. Interestingly enough, Ragnarök and the concept behind Immortal Wonder Woman aren't too different. The whole point of Ragnarök is that it isn't really the end, but a new beginning, much like how Immoral Wonder Woman ended.

But I would love to see Moore draw Fenrir with his lower jaw scrapping the ground and his upper jaw scrapping the sky shooting fire from his eyes and nostrils devouring all in his path. You go big or go home with Ragnarök.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    I wonder why writers often shy away from Diana having a sex life. Would it have been so bad if she and Siegfried had done it? (I would have!)

Overall, it was a very solid start to what I hope will be a good story. The writing was great & art was stunning.
    Not everyone cares about Diana's sex life and a man and a woman can interact without it leading to sex.

Also, this complaint only comes up when it comes to Diana being romantic with men.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-10-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    They've been race swapping Lex Luthor lately.
    In addition, the New 52 had a black version of Clock King and Queen of Fables is depicted as a black woman in the Harley Quinn show.

edited post.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-10-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not everyone cares about Diana's sex life and a man and a woman can interact without it leading to sex.

Also, this complaint only comes up when it comes to Diana being romantic with men.
    We saw Diana having a sex life with Steve. I think the days that she had no sex are over. Doesn't mean she will sleep with every random male she meets

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    We saw Diana having a sex life with Steve. I think the days that she had no sex are over. Doesn't mean she will sleep with every random male she meets
    Plus, she was drunk here.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Plus, she was drunk here.
    Haha, yeah thats what I was thinking. Siegfried sleeping with her would have been pretty questionable.