Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not everyone cares about Diana's sex life and a man and a woman can interact without it leading to sex.

Also, this complaint only comes up when it comes to Diana being romantic with men.
    That’s a pretty touchy misinterpretation of what I asked, so maybe dial down the snark a little..?

I wasn’t complaining. Merely pointing out that a lot of writers have taken Diana to the point of a sexual encounter only then to snatch her back for no good real reason.

I’m perfectly aware that individuals can interact without it leading to sex, just as I am aware that sometimes, interactions do lead to sex & in this case, it wouldn’t have been so bad if it had. She’s clearly depicted as being into the guy - she initiated the kiss and they went back to his place for a little fun, as adults are wont to do from time to time - and it would have been OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    That’s a pretty touchy misinterpretation of what I asked, so maybe dial down the snark a little..?

I wasn’t complaining. Merely pointing out that a lot of writers have taken Diana to the point of a sexual encounter only then to snatch her back for no good real reason.

I’m perfectly aware that individuals can interact without it leading to sex, just as I am aware that sometimes, interactions do lead to sex & in this case, it wouldn’t have been so bad if it had. She’s clearly depicted as being into the guy - she initiated the kiss and they went back to his place for a little fun, as adults are wont to do from time to time - and it would have been OK.
    Unless there's an in story reason for it not to be. We can't have her sleeping with the enemy, can we? That would be She-Hulkian.

Diana's sex life or lack thereof and how it's been depicted would be a good topic for another thread, but I agree wholeheartedly with what you said about it on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Unless there's an in story reason for it not to be. We can't have her sleeping with the enemy, can we? That would be She-Hulkian.

Diana's sex life or lack thereof and how it's been depicted would be a good topic for another thread, but I agree wholeheartedly with what you said about it on this one.
    Fair point, though I would be very disappointed if Siggy turned out to be a bad guy.

Fair point, though I would be very disappointed if Siggy turned out to be a bad guy.
    Yeah, he's a man of honor. He can't be evil.

My apologies.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

This was good. A promising start for sure.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    Haha, yeah thats what I was thinking. Siegfried sleeping with her would have been pretty questionable.
    I loved Diana asking if they did it and Siegfried’s response of no way because he is honorable man! I think that little exchange made him instantly likable!

Loved this first issue! Added to my pull list

The issue is perfectly well written but Diana's "voice" sounds off. If the protagonist were DONNA, it would be pretty damn perfect. "Not my first rodeo"? Diana wouldn't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The issue is perfectly well written but Diana's "voice" sounds off. If the protagonist were DONNA, it would be pretty damn perfect. "Not my first rodeo"? Diana wouldn't say that.
    She was loosing a lot of blood from her spirit body so maybe that's why she said it?

Michael Conrad said Siggy is pansexual on Twitter, making him even more lovable.

Hopefully, he can be a long lasting character

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’ve waited decades (since Byrne’s run on Kirby’s Fourth World) to see DC use more of the Norse mythology. Hopefully we’ll see creatures like the Midgard serpent, the Huldra, Draugr, etc.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I just realized the mystery man is probably Deadman.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I think the mystery man is the Phantom Stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I think the mystery man is the Phantom Stranger.
    But he got the popped collar, bald head and red wavy speech bubbles.