Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default How would you feel if OMD had more serious consequences for Peter?

I seriously would like to put Peter in a situation where he absolutely has to undo his deal with Mephisto and I think a good twist would be if it came out his soul belonged to Mephisto and this information was kept from him. I think a good way for it to come out would be for in a Spider-verse event a new villain and version of Spidercarnage was introduced. Like a version of Spidercarnage that was also part ghost rider and other threw his Mephisto.

I figure the plot could be Spidercarnage absorbing worlds into his own version of hell and attack Peter's world with an army of evil heroes. I also like the idea of Spidercarnage taunting Peter and tormenting him saying "I'm actually doing you a favor you see you will become me. It's an inescapable fact you die become Mephisto's whipping boy and when the symbiote and you merge you will become worse than the devil himself. This destiny is coming and has been coming for you since you made that deal."

I also just like the idea of Spidercarnage taking on a devil type of role and becoming an ever looming fear for Peter and his universe. Plus the idea of everyone being trapped by destiny even Mephisto is really interesting to me especially if Spidercarnage out right forced Peter to remember everything and berated it for it. I just love the idea of Peter being forced to watch as an alternate him commits atrocity after atrocity while being told he's Peter's fate and that his world was already going off the rails because of the deal. With Kindred just being the beginning. I mean Peter really made a selfish choice with that deal and I really would like for the deal to be made into a problem for him he has take care of and for him to need to undo it some way.

I've just always wanted Peter to have a moment like this where the world is falling apart and it's because of him

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I seriously would like to put Peter in a situation where he absolutely has to undo his deal with Mephisto and I think a good twist would be if it came out his soul belonged to Mephisto and this information was kept from him. I think a good way for it to come out would be for in a Spider-verse event a new villain and version of Spidercarnage was introduced. Like a version of Spidercarnage that was also part ghost rider and other threw his Mephisto.

I figure the plot could be Spidercarnage absorbing worlds into his own version of hell and attack Peter's world with an army of evil heroes. I also like the idea of Spidercarnage taunting Peter and tormenting him saying "I'm actually doing you a favor you see you will become me. It's an inescapable fact you die become Mephisto's whipping boy and when the symbiote and you merge you will become worse than the devil himself. This destiny is coming and has been coming for you since you made that deal."

I also just like the idea of Spidercarnage taking on a devil type of role and becoming an ever looming fear for Peter and his universe. Plus the idea of everyone being trapped by destiny even Mephisto is really interesting to me especially if Spidercarnage out right forced Peter to remember everything and berated it for it. I just love the idea of Peter being forced to watch as an alternate him commits atrocity after atrocity while being told he's Peter's fate and that his world was already going off the rails because of the deal. With Kindred just being the beginning. I mean Peter really made a selfish choice with that deal and I really would like for the deal to be made into a problem for him he has take care of and for him to need to undo it some way.

I've just always wanted Peter to have a moment like this where the world is falling apart and it's because of him
    In a word NO. Let me give an analogy. I am a huge New York Islanders fan. Tonight they played the Boston Bruins. Do you think I want them to lose to Boston? Of course not. Same for Peter. No way do I want him to lose to Norman, Harry, Cletus, Otto, Mephisto and all the rest. ps. Islanders won.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 03-09-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    In a word NO. Let me give an analogy. I am a huge New York Islanders fan. Tonight they played the Boston Bruins. Do you think I want them to lose to Boston? Of course not. Same for Peter. No way do I want him to lose to Norman, Harry, Cletus, Otto, Mephisto and all the rest. ps. Islanders won.
    Mephisto taking away his marriage is a lose. While him overcoming a future where he dies becomes a monster is a win.

Fantastic Member

Isn't that what the whole Kindred deal is about? Serious consequences? I have not been following the whole story there.

Astonishing Member

That would actually be cheap and contrived. It implies that OMD on its own wasn't that bad if you have to make up new consequences for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That would actually be cheap and contrived. It implies that OMD on its own wasn't that bad if you have to make up new consequences for it.
    OMD is cheap and bad so the bar is not really that high. Also it's a terrible use for Mephisto's character and makes zero sense for him.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Isn't that what the whole Kindred deal is about? Serious consequences? I have not been following the whole story there.
    Neither have I but I do like the premise granted more could have been done.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If we're gonna make analogies to The Flash, I personally think the live-action series' third-season arc where the latest speedster Big Bad, Savitar, is revealed as an evil future version of Barry Allen himself, created from Barry's despair at Iris's murder (ironically committed by Savitar), and desiring nothing more than to destroy his past self and everything and everyone he loves on every level possible would be a better fit for your scenario. Considering that Mephisto is known for playing the long game in his machinations, and Jason Aaron's Avengers did reveal recently that he'd spent countless millennia seeding the world with agents or pawns to carry out his will, wittingly or not, I could see your scenario dovetailing with that, and perhaps Peter Parker would be his ultimate among those agents and pawns. That being said, given that Doctor Strange did sense something wrong with Peter's soul in Last Remains and went to Mephisto for answers as to what exactly was going on in the last issue of ASM . . . well, I'm still waiting for what comes of that, though I'll admit your scenario interests me.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

One More Day is not an actual story.

Nor is the story in fact about Peter Parker doing something and facing consequences.

OMD is a pair of thumbs pressing the scales so hard it shows up on the page.

OMD as a story doesn't work on page and its inextricable from the behind-the-scenes stuff that led to it.

As such there's no salvaging or working around it.

Please no. Let's not make an OMD reversal story a huge Spiderverse event. The only people involved should be Peter, MJ, Kindred!Harry and Mephisto.

Maybe Ben and Otto, because Ben had problems with his soul and Otto made a deal himself.

Astonishing Member

Mephisto taking away his marriage is a lose. While him overcoming a future where he dies becomes a monster is a win.
    That is not a win. A win is Peter kicking Mephisto’s sorry ass, ending the deal and sending Mephisto back where he belongs in Dr. Strange’s comic with Baron Mordo and the rest of the spirit realm characters

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    That is not a win. A win is Peter kicking Mephisto’s sorry ass, ending the deal and sending Mephisto back where he belongs in Dr. Strange’s comic with Baron Mordo and the rest of the spirit realm characters
    Definitely cosigned, particularly on the bolded, though I'd personally love it if Peter and Mary Jane stomped Mephisto together. Power of love, people, especially a love consecrated by God Almighty (or The One Above All).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Definitely cosigned, particularly on the bolded, though I'd personally love it if Peter and Mary Jane stomped Mephisto together. Power of love, people, especially a love consecrated by God Almighty (or The One Above All).
    We are certainly in agreement on this. After this I hope and pray Mephisto never comes back in a Spider-Man comic

looks like he considers King in black to be all his fault. Everyone Venom killed...everyone Carnage killed... now all the world is infected... All because he brought the symbiote back in the first place. He calls himself Patient Zero.

So basically the flashpoint moment you're looking for, just not dealing with OMD.

Fantastic Member

Have there been any consequences for Peter so far? Other than the Kindred stuff, I don't see anything. Aunt May is back alive. He's still with MJ. What have been the downsides? He's not "married" to MJ, but I'm not exactly sure how this is a loss for him. He's together with her in every way... they're technically not married ie: they don't have a marriage document. Loss of a piece of paper isn't a loss.
    Last edited by evolutionaryFan; 03-11-2021 at 11:38 PM.